Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Holy crap, are we still talking about smells on this forum? Can someone please stop this so we can move forward with interesting conversation. Please.

Wow, I just learned of yet another surprise on this thing! Talk about a money pit!!! Geeez.
There's always money in the banana stand? I assume someone told Comcast...

tumblr_mkefwd6maj1s9e4pyo1_500.gif

Last edited:
My, my I've been away far too long. Got a new job, got busy. Anyways...

Was visiting with a DCM a few months ago and brought up this attraction. She said, "That's supposed to be a big industry secret! How do you know about it??"

:blank:

My, my I've been away far too long. Got a new job, got busy. Anyways...

Was visiting with a DCM a few months ago and brought up this attraction. She said, "That's supposed to be a big industry secret! How do you know about it??"

:blank:

This is so funny, because I was told 5 months back that a few UC engineers were still under the impression that it was going to be a big shocker once announced. I guess they had never heard of Hate... To... Fly...

Meanwhile, there are others in UC sweating their asses off about leaks. The engineers need to get out more. :)

This is so funny, because I was told 5 months back that a few UC engineers were still under the impression that it was going to be a big shocker once announced. I guess they had never heard of Hate... To... Fly...

Meanwhile, there are others in UC sweating their asses off about leaks. The engineers need to get out more. :)

You guys have done a great job posting info about this ahead of time.....but even without this, surely it was obvious what is was going to be before the made the announcement. Not for a while certainly, but didn't they official announcement only get made 2 weeks back, yet the façade has been distinctive for 2 months or so?

You guys have done a great job posting info about this ahead of time.....but even without this, surely it was obvious what is was going to be before the made the announcement. Not for a while certainly, but didn't they official announcement only get made 2 weeks back, yet the façade has been distinctive for 2 months or so?

I think UO likes to play on the idea that they are good at keeping their projects secret.

I think it's important to remember when it comes to leaks it's just something that happens, especially when you reach a certain level of popularity. Universal leaks are no different or heavier than Disney, Ford, Samsung, and other popular brands.

The reason we hear more leaks in regards to Universal than let's say Disney is the amount of projects actually going on. Universal has more projects thus more data comes out. Sometimes it's only bits and pieces that certain people leak and post, then the forums usually solve them.

My point being leaks happen and the more your unit is stretched thin and outsourced the more eyes see your work. The amount of leaks are an indication of just how busy UC is and it's a huge win for us. I could probably break the Internet if I dropped what I know and the same goes for others on here... Much to celebrate!!

Reactions: Hockeyman55
I think it also helps that if any of us (not that I'm putting myself in the same category as Teebin or HTF) get any info it seems to come from difference sources and areas, so it's pretty cool to put a puzzle together as a community with all of the different info.

Here's some pictures from my latest visit yesterday. It looks like something is being built on the ground on the left side of the temple gate. I can't tell if it's going to stay there or be moved after it's constructed or not. Any ideas? Maybe it's going to be something to block the view of Dudley from riders. All of the new pics are on my blog.

A couple of these pics are taken beside the yellow gate that acts as the Team Member entrance to backstage in Toon Lagoon. I didn't reach over the walls, as there is a few feet open now between the gate and the bushes on the right side. If this is not allowed on the site, let me know, but I didn't go over the walls.

P1030949-1024x768.jpg

P1030946-1024x768.jpg

P1030947-1024x768.jpg

P1030936-1024x768.jpg

P1030929-1024x768.jpg

P1030934-1024x768.jpg

P1030926-1024x768.jpg

P1030922-1024x768.jpg

That's all for now. More pics on my blog.

Again, if those beside the gate pictures aren't allowed on the forum let me know.

The leaks aren't that bad... us geeks know it all but most people don't.
My mum has a house in Orlando and is an AP holder at UO but she was shocked when Kong was announced and Volcano Bay...
Us fans are gonna find out.. the laymen doesn't know so I wouldn't be worried if I was them.

I'd agree with that. A friend travelled a month or so ago and came back with no clue as to what was being built and refused to believe me even when I told him

Finally a post on The King. I was starting to think that everyone forgot about Skull Island, The Reign of Kong, soon to be the world's greatest theme park attraction.