Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
My reply was pure humor and has nothing do with an Disney debate. I will say I think its a little too early to think any type of confusion could arise with us still being 2 years away and still not "knowing" a lot about the new park. Now once we get a formal full blown annocunement with a website, opening dates, and tickets for sale I think then we will have a better idea of what were dealing with. Not to mention we have no idea where the marketing will be in 18 months and how they approach it.
Oh, I know. :lol:

And yeah, they have plenty of time. Hell, it was announced just over 8 hours ago. But first impressions are lasting ones. I know the saying in a tweet "LOOK GUYZ WE GOT A THIRD THEME PARK" (joking :lol:) is going to be eye catching, but it's also borderline lying. While it will be heavily themed and will be a park, it's not what the average consumer thinks of when you spell out the word, so they just need to be conscious of that so as to not confuse too much going forward. At least until more info gets released.

Last edited:
I imagine this could potentially be something akin to a blend of Discovery Cove and Typhoon Lagoon, the way they talk about how relaxation will be integrated into the experience.

I imagine this could potentially be something akin to a blend of Discovery Cove and Typhoon Lagoon, the way they talk about how relaxation will be integrated into the experience.
That would be interesting. I mean, relaxation can play out at any water park though, so they would have to have something uniquely Universal (which i'm sure they were based on the Jim Hill article) to up other water parks.

I mean, I have an AP to Adventure Island in Tampa and I go there every other weekend or so when I just want to relax and tan :lol:

Oh, I know. :lol:

And yeah, they have plenty of time. Hell, it was announced just over 8 hours ago. But first impressions are lasting ones. I know the saying in a tweet "LOOK GUYZ WE GOT A THIRD THEME PARK" (joking :lol:) is going to be eye catching, but it's also borderline lying. While it will be heavily themed and will be a park, it's not what the average consumer thinks of when you spell out the word, so they just need to be conscious of that so as to not confuse too much going forward. At least until more info gets released.

I think the chances of anyone outside of us theme park nerds remembering a tweet 2 years later is slim to none personally :lol: I mean I get what your saying but I don't think it holds any ground, or at least yet. I think if we were to reopen the original tweets and releases for attractions like Fantasyland, Empire of the Penguin, Transformers, Despicable Me, and so on we could identify little truth bends here and there. I mean SeaWorld used the tag #NothingFaster before we knew anything about the attraction or even better the #NothingTaller for that waterside complex which didn't make a lick of sense. My point being I think this is nothing more than present day media advertising. It does what its supposed to by grabbing the readers attention using recognizable terms and pictures. Yeah its not 100% accurate but its not 100% lie either :thumbs:

Yeeesh, and we thought the Kong sculpting was over the top... if they going to attempt to hide the supports for all the slides, I will birth a small fluffy kitten... :look:

kitten-cute-fluffyfunny-cat-kitten-fluffy-cute-animal-joke-silly-pet-scary-comedy-tshirt-pkgbbppi.jpg

Mommy? Daddy?

I think the chances of anyone outside of us theme park nerds remembering a tweet 2 years later is slim to none personally :lol: I mean I get what your saying but I don't think it holds any ground, or at least yet. I think if we were to reopen the original tweets and releases for attractions like Fantasyland, Empire of the Penguin, Transformers, Despicable Me, and so on we could identify little truth bends here and there. I mean SeaWorld used the tag #NothingFaster before we knew anything about the attraction or even better the #NothingTaller for that waterside complex which didn't make a lick of sense. My point being I think this is nothing more than present day media advertising. It does what its supposed to by grabbing the readers attention using recognizable terms and pictures. Yeah its not 100% accurate but its not 100% lie either :thumbs:
Yeah, i'll have to agree. It's something that just bothers me, but I can see why they do it (it was trending on twitter in the US for a good 2 hours or so today).

In about November of next year is really when marketing will really start to matter (and probably when any details not yet released will be as it be after HHN ends).

"Water Theme Park" is the new "Theme Park within a Theme Park" :catfight:
So what I take from this (if i'm right) is basically what I thought: they're going to add Uniquely Universal theme park methods and experiences (themed food/bev/merch/possible express or other upcharge experiences) alongside what will be an amazingly themed water park.

If that's right then sounds awesome. Should definitely be the best themed water park in the US. :cheers:

Last edited:
So what I take from this (if i'm right) is basically what I thought: they're going to add Uniquely Universal theme park methods and experiences (themed food/bev/merch/possible express or other upcharge experiences) alongside what will be an amazingly themed water park.

If that's right then sounds awesome. Should definitely be the best themed water park in the US. :cheers:

Mostly "marketing jargon that'll confuse people" IMHO.

This is going to be very crucial marketing. From what I've read on other boards, the initial public perception (only us OU people are schooled properly on this thanks to Teebs) is that it's going to be basically a Typhoon Lagoon or a little bit better water park. Hardly anyone is grasping the "Water Theme Park" concept, besides OU posters. That means it is incumbent upon Universal marketing to educate the public on this new concept. Not one or two months before it opens, but starting now. The same marketing disaster idea, Universal Escape, that Test Track mentioned also immediately popped into my mind. I think it is essential for Universal Marketing to take a different tact then their normal modus operandi ( soon before opening), since the public really needs to be educated about this new concept if it is to reach it's potential. It looks like Universal Creative has done their job, now it's up to Marketing to do theirs......Hope they're reading these posts on different sites so they see that the concept needs explained to the general populace.

This is going to be very crucial marketing. From what I've read on other boards, the initial public perception (only us OU people are schooled properly on this thanks to Teebs) is that it's going to be basically a Typhoon Lagoon or a little bit better water park. Hardly anyone is grasping the "Water Theme Park" concept, besides OU posters. That means it is incumbent upon Universal marketing to educate the public on this new concept. Not one or two months before it opens, but starting now. The same marketing disaster idea, Universal Escape, that Test Track mentioned also immediately popped into my mind. I think it is essential for Universal Marketing to take a different tact then their normal modus operandi ( soon before opening), since the public really needs to be educated about this new concept if it is to reach it's potential. It looks like Universal Creative has done their job, now it's up to Marketing to do theirs......Hope they're reading these posts on different sites so they see that the concept needs explained to the general populace.
This.

This has the opportunity for Universal to be the highest attended "Water Park" in the world by marketing it as more of a "Water Theme Park" as they want to call it. But they need to get that message across very clearly and push different ticket options for 3 and 4 days (as well as on-site stays with that)

like others have said Universal will build excitement for this releasing details a little bit at a time
2 years to build excitement
should be fun to follow over the next two years since construction will be right in front of us

I have a feeling that the hydromagnetic mammoth, which is definitely coming (It's going to be there signature ride, what sets it apart from Disney the most), will also be heavily themed with a dark ride portions that help with the story of the park. Maybe it will even have animatronics. Btw, these dark ride portions would probably not last long and occur while the coaster is going fast and not like a normal slow dark ride.

I see a story starting in the queue area in the mountain that sets the stage for the ride. The queue would give background info and towards the end would reveal some catastrophic thing the story characters (most likely explorers) did and then you would board the ride. On the actual ride you would be experiencing the effect of what the explorers did, a big tunnel full of rushing water. The scenes of the dark ride parts would show the explorers stuck in a side tunnel that would be following you. I can see only the bottom part of the tunnel being plastic for the ride and the top part being themed to look like a cavern of sorts.

This ride is what would take up the majority of the mountain and I can also see it coming out at points like Splash Mountain does, where you can just barely see the top of it.

I've stated it a time or two within various posts, but does anyone think Universal will offer express at this park? Or would that screw with capacity too much? I feel like if there's a way to make money, they're gonna take it and this is easy money. It would also set them apart from other Orlando water parks in that aspect.

like others have said Universal will build excitement for this releasing details a little bit at a time
2 years to build excitement
should be fun to follow over the next two years since construction will be right in front of us
Yes, if they do it that way, in a manner people understand, it should work. Right now the public's excited over this, but the excitement is over a water park, not a Water Theme Park. They have plenty of time to educate people on this. I'm hoping for the best. Just hope they do as you say & don't wait till the few months before it opens.

- - - Updated - - -

This.

This has the opportunity for Universal to be the highest attended "Water Park" in the world by marketing it as more of a "Water Theme Park" as they want to call it. But they need to get that message across very clearly and push different ticket options for 3 and 4 days (as well as on-site stays with that)

EXACTLY!!!

I've stated it a time or two within various posts, but does anyone think Universal will offer express at this park? Or would that screw with capacity too much? I feel like if there's a way to make money, they're gonna take it and this is easy money. It would also set them apart from other Orlando water parks in that aspect.

Wet N Wild has Express

Status
Not open for further replies.