UO Annual Price Increase | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

UO Annual Price Increase

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
:happy:Keeping the renewal rates the same is major.

Agreed. I was looking at getting a Gold pass for Carrowinds this year, and for $33 less than my Universal AP renewal, that's the price I would have to pay for a 3-4 month window out of the whole year versus Universal that is unlimited 365 days of the year. Needless to say that because of my current work situation I don't have as much time to go to the park in that 3-4 month window and found that I won't be buying that season pass and will instead be renewing my AP with Universal. :cheers:

I just went to renew my pass for the first time and I saw the increased rates for new passholders. Wow, that is a huge jump! $430 for Premier?!? Are they crazy? And Preferred now at old Premier levels?

I'm glad the renewal rate is reasonable. And that free self-parking AFTER FIRST VISIT for new passholders is pure BS. I know it's not new, but it's robbery.

I just went to renew my pass for the first time and I saw the increased rates for new passholders. Wow, that is a huge jump! $430 for Premier?!? Are they crazy? And Preferred now at old Premier levels?

I'm glad the renewal rate is reasonable. And that free self-parking AFTER FIRST VISIT for new passholders is pure BS. I know it's not new, but it's robbery.
$430 is reasonable for Premier, especially if the HHN ticket price increase is happening. The parks are expanding at a great rate, the price increases are well within reason.

I tried to renew last week, but the website was having technical issues, so the representative told me to renew in person, which I was going to do this Saturday, but I just checked and renewal rates have gone up!!! I am so pissed.

New renewal rates (just got a letter in the mail and the website has been updated as well):
Power - 160.99
Preferred - 224.99
Premier - 334.99

EDIT: I called them to explain my situation and they let me renew at the old rate!

Last edited:
Reactions: ThemeParks4Life
I tried to renew last week, but the website was having technical issues, so the representative told me to renew in person, which I was going to do this Saturday, but I just checked and renewal rates have gone up!!! I am so pissed.

New renewal rates (just got a letter in the mail and the website has been updated as well):
Power - 160.99
Preferred - 224.99
Premier - 334.99

EDIT: I called them to explain my situation and they let me renew at the old rate!
Interesting, thanks for the info. When you exclude the HHN ticket without any discounts (assuming the new $105 price is correct), Premier is only $5 more than Preferred.

Clearly, Preferred is the most popular pass when it gets raised so much more than the others. I was astonished when I opened the letter in the mail and saw the huge increase.

Hmm My preferred pass is still at the old rate to renew (160). Guess I should renew now before it gets fixed?

I was told on the phone that August (I can't remember if 1 or 31) is the official date of the new rates being implemented for everyone. They are starting to advertise the new rates now, though, for some reason.