Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you envision the plastic shell rotating? If so, how would you make it clear that it is rotating without scratching it up too much?

If thought about it, but I am not sure how to make it work with the motion base and it still be safe (IE the sphere not jumping out of the cradle). I don't think it's really necessary and that it would probably be more trouble than it worth, my current plan would be to hide the seams of the hatch at the floor and on the edges with the side support rings so it doesn't seem static. If you have any ideas is be open to suggestions!

Also now tht I'm thinking about a trackless system may not even be necessary

I'm not sure if any glass or plexiglass/lexan dome is actually feasible. Glass will constantly need cleaned as you can bet that everyone would want to touch it. Then to make it strong enough to not be a break risk, it would probably have to be really thick and heavy. Lexan or plexi would be lighter, but it would probably still have to be cleaned all the time. Another effect is, as mentioned above, its going to be really hot in these things. Assuming it doesn't go outside, you still have humans breathing in it. That can be taken care of with ventilation or a/c. Taking it outside is about out of the question though. The sun baking through a glass ball would be more than could be safely accounted for IMO.

I was thinking about it going outside as well, and though A/C is feasible within HE, it's not here. I hypothesize that if an e-stop outside were to occur, the hatch could easily be opened by guests, but otherwise, a simple set of holes through the "glass" would ventilate enough air if the speed was high enough.

I like the concept of having an indoor section in which two RVs ride side-by-side in front of the same domed screen, both on their own motion bases. The outdoor section could be a small coaster-like overhead tour. As the ride transitions indoors, a small protective eye-gear message could be displayed before the RVs start going through the fields and forests with the dinosaurs.

I'm just wondering how comfortable riding in one of those would be outside unless it has a serious A/C unit.

Sorry thought I posted this sooner

In my mind the outdoor version would be short, and definitely be covered and most likely completely enclosed inside a climate controlled plexiglass tunnel. I.E. TTA combined with shark encounter. And the vehicles would have to have a/c.

Wouldn't we all just burn to death in the Florida heat if it was an outdoor attraction? Chris your concept is amazing like my god, work for creative they'd love you!!!! This attraction is so complex, uni has so much on their hands

New interview went up with Frank Marshall today over at Slashfilm. Kind of reiterates what we've been hearing about excitement internally for new attractions, but this seems to imply that they may only be considering them for parks in Asia.

Have there been discussions to bring Jurassic World into the Universal Theme Parks?

Oh yes. The theme parks are very interested. We’ve had a lot of discussions with them for the new parks that are going up in Asia. As well as now this sort of reboot, like they’re doing with Star Wars, whatever rides and concepts there are in the current parks.

Oh that’s really cool. ‘Cause I would love to ride that gyrosphere.

Yeah, by the way, that’s the one they really like. They said to me, ‘we wanna do that.’

Frank Marshall Interview: Jurassic World, Indiana Jones 5, Back to the Future and More

I have a few more thoughts about this situation after listening to the OU podcast.

I think both points are legitimate, meaning there's valid reasons to keep both.

First, when we say we want to change it to Jurassic World....how far would we go with that? If we keep the River Adventure open, then we're running into a scenario similar to when HP took over the Lost Continent possibly....meaning people will say "they just re-themed the existing rides".

Another question, is what to do with the Discovery Center. They made a new one for JW, but the old one is iconic...everyone recognizes it as the main building for JP...the new one in JW isn't quite as interesting IMO, though I don't think it would be too difficult to change the exterior. I don't expect Universal to take on the entire JW idea and change it into an old, abandoned building, except for an HHN house.

I like the "Idea" of the gyrospheres, but it could end up as Pteranadon Flyers all over again.

Its a shame they don't have more room. How cool would it be to take the existing discovery building and retheme it to the overgrown one seen in JW?

It's incumbent upon Universal to do what Disney did with Frozen last summer & throw together some last minute concepts utilizing the success of Jurassic World & market it like crazy to drive summer attendance. The Raptor Encounter seems to be a critical & customer success. Expand it a bit from the Meet & Greet into a full show, while keeping the Meet & Greet, throw up some temporary bleachers (maybe in front of the Discovery Center?) , and advertise it. Then maybe something like a mini food/alcohol festival with booths and other happenings down on the waterfront to create a festival type atmosphere. Just a few random ideas. I'm sure UC could come up with better. But it seems like this is a marketing dream if they move fast & advertise.

What does the logo say in this concept? It looks like GAOGE to me.

11108521_907964132580725_3884614485220353472_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.