Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

NBC Media Center

That's even more baffling to me. Not sure why something like this would need express

My guess is that it is just because guest feel cheated when they have Express but they can't use it on a ride so it is just easier to have it than to list another attraction that it can't be used on.

I get using Express when it cuts down on the walk to the attraction, but I swear I have seen times where guest have spent more time getting all their passes together then it would have taken to just use standby on something like Cat in the Hat late in the day.

My guess is that it is just because guest feel cheated when they have Express but they can't use it on a ride so it is just easier to have it than to list another attraction that it can't be used on.

Yea, but I'm not expecting this to be much more than something like Lucy, which doesn't have express, or a queue for that matter

I have a hunch... I think they might be using this space as sort of an Innoventions-type attraction. There was a huge push for VR-type simulations at the Hackathon a few months ago. I'm thinking some sort of exhibition showing off the latest and greatest technological advancements coupled with themes that relate to those within the parks, which would explain the wait system given how small the area is.

If that is indeed the case, I'm thoroughly confused as to why they wouldn't replace Shrek with this, and then use GoA as a Universal Creative Exhibit and HHN house/indoor scare zone.

This Express thing sounds like a red herring. All other signs (literally and figuratively) point to it being an updated Preview Center.

Well, now you have me second guessing myself... it was a retweet and I just glanced at it. I am positive there was at least a wait time sign mentioned. Perhaps they are for Kong?

Did anyone else here see the tweet or retweet? The original had to be from a CM.

Well, now you have me second guessing myself... it was a retweet and I just glanced at it. I am positive there was at least a wait time sign mentioned. Perhaps they are for Kong?

Did anyone else here see the tweet or retweet? The original had to be from a CM.
Orlando Theme Park News: Universal Orlando Rumors: New NBC Themed Attraction

In other news, one of the small rooms off to the side near Kidzone (not the main big room in the middle, very small tiny room off to the side) has a couch and some chairs, with a TV on the wall.

Someone on that page mentioned that this could be a meet-and-greet area, maybe like Epcot Character Spot. That, I could completely understand having Express. Other than that, I just don't see an attraction having such a small footprint.

Call me a sceptic but that 'source' on OTPN sounds a little vague at best... Is there any chance these wait time signs could be in storage over here for installation on a nearby attraction?

It's actually really fun watching something being built that we don't already know everything about though!

Call me a sceptic but that 'source' on OTPN sounds a little vague at best... Is there any chance these wait time signs could be in storage over here for installation on a nearby attraction?

It's actually really fun watching something being built that we don't already know everything about though!

Yeah, it causes me to wonder how much UC was involved with it. It's almost as if Comcast/NBC stepped in and handled the project along with an outside firm. There doesn't even seem to be chatter amongst UC as to what it is. Of course, being assigned to Kong or F&F may cause a bit of a distraction.

the thought that UC had little to do with this based on how long it took to build rings true to me. I suppose we will find out soon enough though.