Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 231 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who knows, they may be "prepping" for something... :look:
Actually, when you think about it a lot of the (currently) nonexistent attractions that are "advertised" could quite feasibly be incorporated into the JP area. The gyrosphere ride, which seems pretty likely to happen now, could include a lot of those things, like the "Pachy Arena", "Bamboo Forest", "T-rex Forest", "The Aviary", etc. The River Adventure could be renamed to the Cretaceous Cruise. An Egg Spinner flat ride, though I wouldn't be overly elated to see it taking up space, could be added somewhere in Camp Jurassic. I don't know how popular this would be, but I would love a Mosasaur show on the lagoon in the unused courtyard in front of the Discovery Center: a Jaws-like animatronic could partially "jump" out of the water and/or do various other stunts before the stadium lowers into an "underwater viewing area" that uses a large screen similar to what was used for the Hogwarts Express. The Creation Lab pretty much already exists in the Discovery Center- it would just need signage and possibly some new props. The only thing I can't see happening is a gondola, though it could be made visible in the background during the gyrosphere ride.

Reactions: Blue
Dunno if they should be "advertising" attractions from the film (gyrospheres, Cretacious Cruise) that don't actually exist in the park. Seems a bit disingenuous.

Disingenuous isn't the worst part about it...it's the poor TM's who will constantly get asked questions by guests who don't know any better "Where are the gyrospheres?!? they're advertised in the park!?!?"

Instead of theoreticals, why don't we ask a few of the regular attendees to ask some of the TMs at Thunder Falls if the stickers are causing questions or serious issues. Ask if guests are actually angry...

The truth "will out!" ;)

Looked at this a thousand times... just now realized it's spelled wrong.

P1040878-1024x768.jpg

Looks they rushed to get this out in the parks so much that they missed a misspelling.

Alright so I talked to one of the cashier people today and this is what I got...
- people seem to realize that the ads are fake side a few Brazilian tourist a few days ago
- I pointed out the misspelled sign and she laughed out loud and said she was going to tell her supervisor
- lastly they are normally told when changed happen to the restaurant (like menu changes etc.) so she said that she thinks it was all last minute due to the success of the film because they came overnight with no warning

Dunno if they should be "advertising" attractions from the film (gyrospheres, Cretacious Cruise) that don't actually exist in the park. Seems a bit disingenuous.

No more disingenuous than Captain Dinosaur's Pirate Rip-Off, or Krusty's Haunted Condo over at The Simpsons. I think one look at the park guide and map will let people know it is simply themeing.

-Andy

Reactions: Mad Dog
When is Raptor Encounter open? I'm usually in the park in the late afternoon and have yet to see it open. Was there this morning after 9:00 AM and it wasn't open either. Heard a security guard telling guests that it's still in previews and they haven't solidified an operational schedule.

I get that it's not listed on the map as an attraction, but with the signage and the new movie's success I'm surprised it's not running longer hours.

When is Raptor Encounter open? I'm usually in the park in the late afternoon and have yet to see it open.

First RE is at 10am. They last 20 minutes with a 10 minute down time. RE's occur continuously until 3 pm when there is a 1 hour down time. They begin again at 4pm and the last RE is scheduled at 6:30pm. A total of 16 Raptor Encounters per day.

First RE is at 10am. They last 20 minutes with a 10 minute down time. RE's occur continuously until 3 pm when there is a 1 hour down time. They begin again at 4pm and the last RE is scheduled at 6:30pm. A total of 16 Raptor Encounters per day.

Great information!

Thanks for the info. We'll catch it next time we visit.

Are they planning to advertise the times? I find it weird that it's not even on the map, but they're slapping Jurassic World decals all over the restaurants. I mean, why not promote RE with Jurassic World on the maps at least?

Are they planning to advertise the times? I find it weird that it's not even on the map, but they're slapping Jurassic World decals all over the restaurants. I mean, why not promote RE with Jurassic World on the maps at least?

I believe it will eventually appear in the Park Guide maps. Not sure if they will ever publish specific times though.

Reactions: Alicia
I'm pretty sure it was on the park map last time I was there... when it first opened?

I believe it will eventually appear in the Park Guide maps. Not sure if they will ever publish specific times though.

Gotcha.

Incidentally, River Adventure looked fantastic last weekend. The indoor section was the best I've ever seen, the T-Rex in particular. The lighting and smokescreen that it comes through looked perfect. Much better than what I've seen in previous years.

Status
Not open for further replies.