Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion)

rainbow-thermo-4ea574f-intro.jpg

I love this post so much. I'm so curious.

Aren't Guardians going to be folded into the Avengers with the upcoming cinematic universe films? The villains that have come up so far are indicative that the Guardians are in the same universe as the Avengers.
The only way I can see that mattering (seeing as the Marvel contract is based on comics), is if a contract rework specifies that anything within the Cinematic Universe cannot be used by WDW.

The contract that was agreed to years ago though currently would mean that GotG in Avengers has no bearing on anything.

Of course, i'm pretty sure Disney has no intentions of ever building Marvel anything in WDW, so a great ride featuring GotG and the Avengers in Orlando that they don't even have to design or build is a big plus to them.

Last edited:
The only way I can see that mattering (seeing as the Marvel contract is based on comics), is if a contract rework specifies that anything within the Cinematic Universe cannot be used by WDW.

The contract that was agreed to years ago though currently would mean that GotG in Avengers has no bearing on anything.

You sure about that? :lol:

I doubt you will believe this because you never believe anything anybody says that isn't knighting up for Disney. In this instance, as in many others, you are totally wrong. I mean really, totally, completely and horribly wrong.

Universal considers this a major asset they pay little to promote. Marvel is not a negotiating item in any serious sense with Disney. Disney still is fearful of sending Ant-Man buses to parks. Disney will only get anything from Universal through legal proceedings, not negotiations.

Lets put it this way, Universal has Disney in a lose lose situation, why would they concede?

They've already had Avengers Age Of Ultron busses at the parks and well as Ant Man advertisements in the buses.

I doubt you will believe this because you never believe anything anybody says that isn't knighting up for Disney. In this instance, as in many others, you are totally wrong. I mean really, totally, completely and horribly wrong.
I don't know who you are, nor do I care much, but I have no horse in this race. I'm simply playing devil's advocate. Please re-read my posts. I was never saying that Disney could use it, actually, I acknowledged their lack of ability to use the product. I don't really care if you think i'm "really, totally, completely and horribly wrong" because I know that i'm independent of both parties and you seem like a troll.

I am not for Universal or Disney. I am for good attractions. Right now, Universal is the one in Orlando building great attractions. If I hated Universal so much as you seem to think, why would I be checking into Portofino tomorrow and own a Premiere annual pass? I've also worked for the company and had a great time doing it.

I would also love to know of all these other times when i'm so "totally wrong". Please show me.

They've already had Avengers Age Of Ultron busses at the parks and well as Ant Man advertisements in the buses.

In the parks themself or at WDW but not in any of the 4 theme parks?
There is a huge dfference because they can use it outside the parks. It's like that awefull Marvel experiance thing that was going around the US, Disney can do that, no problem.

There was even a monorail with some Marvel movie advertising on it but not on the ring that goes INTO Epcot.

The busses only ever go as far as the park bus stops. They can't get them in the park anyway o_O

How so? They aren't used in an Avenger's movie. And even then, wouldn't it be Guardians' characters being borrowed by Avengers?

The way I understand it -

Guardians as a comic does not, but movie connects them to Avengers. Contract states anything under the Marvel banner is a no-go. So essentially - Guardians wouldn't be so popular if it weren't for movie, but movie connection to the Avengers/Marvel Universe hits snag in the contract.

Really? Disney/Marvel made that movie after the buy out and before Universal did anything to lock down the property. WDW has used Guardian's characters and promos in the parks and transportation several times. I thought that was pretty heavy evidence that Disney has Guardians under lock, or else what would be stopping them for using any other Marvel character on WDW soil?

Really? Disney/Marvel made that movie after the buy out and before Universal did anything to lock down the property. WDW has used Guardian's characters and promos in the parks and transportation several times. I thought that was pretty heavy evidence that Disney has Guardians under lock, or else what would be stopping them for using any other Marvel character on WDW soil?

Doesn't matter when Disney acquired them. Universal has Marvel rights until they don't want them anymore. If they are part of X-Men, Fantastic Four, Avengers, Spider-Man, Daredevil.... Universal has em. If any property falls into those families, it goes to Universal.

Reason why they were able to do advertising is because they didn't have Marvel banner attached. If you noticed at the M&G, they were advertising the movie without that little red iconic box. There were a lot more hoops they were able to hurdle easily since it wasn't officially a M&G. With an attraction, the contract becomes a lot more iron clad.

I guess this sets up a battle of the "insiders" as on the Magical site most insiders agree, if they so wanted, Guardians is free game for WDW. Even though the first phase of DHS overall isn't supposed to include them it has been mentioned they could be in later expansion not before the second movie comes out...

I guess this sets up a battle of the "insiders" as on the Magical site most insiders agree, if they so wanted, Guardians is free game for WDW. Even though the first phase of DHS overall isn't supposed to include them it has been mentioned they could be in later expansion not before the second movie comes out...

I would tend to agree they could probably theoretically use them, but that it would be a spectacularly bad idea.