Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion) | Page 51 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't care to battle, really. Just sharing what I understand, and what I was told. If they understand different, than cool. I'm not here to measure appendages. Only way any one knows for sure is for when it does/doesn't happen.

Reactions: MrRoamer
I was under the impression that Universal had Marvel rights extending only to what properties were employed prior to Disney acquiring Marvel. I just assumed that, since Universal did nothing with Antman, Guardians, Dr. Strange, etc, that they were game.

I was under the impression that Universal had Marvel rights extending only to what properties were employed prior to Disney acquiring Marvel. I just assumed that, since Universal did nothing with Antman, Guardians, Dr. Strange, etc, that they were game.

*sigh*

*opens prepared speech*

Universal has the rights to the characters in their park as well as the associated families per the contract. Spider-Man gives them the entire Spider-Man family. Doctor Doom gives them the Fantastic Four group of characters. Hulk gives them The Avengers. Storm gives them the X-Men characters.

Since Ant-Man, Doctor Strange, Black Panther, etc are long-time, card-carrying members of The Avengers, they are not allowed on WDW property.

The Guardians more than likely fall under a gray area.

Reactions: Mad Dog

The simple version -

If a character is in park, that family is out. Basically, if they were known to be part of comic with them, they can't be used.

So....

Hulk = Avengers
Storm = X-Men
Doom = Fantastic Four
Spidey = Spidey

Daredevil and Punisher fall into Spider-Man, for example. Ant-Man into Avengers.

Guardians is tricky, which why I initially assumed it may find its place into DHS. However, the villains are Avengers. The movie and recent cartoons has now tied them with Avengers.

So based on the explanation I received and my best understand of the verbiage of the contract.... It's not coming.

*sigh*

*opens prepared speech*

Universal has the rights to the characters in their park as well as the associated families per the contract. Spider-Man gives them the entire Spider-Man family. Doctor Doom gives them the Fantastic Four group of characters. Hulk gives them The Avengers. Storm gives them the X-Men characters.

Since Ant-Man, Doctor Strange, Black Panther, etc are long-time, card-carrying members of The Avengers, they are not allowed on WDW property.

The Guardians more than likely fall under a gray area.

I am so sorry to have stirred your slumber, oh wise one. Please, proceed with your condescension. :rolleyes:

Anyway, even if all said is true, where does this properties like Daredevil (why would this be under the Spider-Man umbrella?), Punisher, Namor, etc? Guardians was successful enough to merit an attraction at Disney, if they can legally pull it off. I don't believe Universal has their fingers in the Inhumans either...which could possibly work out for Disney, too. Even if Guardians and Inhumans are the only Marvel presence at Studios, they would be welcomed ones.

I am so sorry to have stirred your slumber, oh wise one. Please, proceed with your condescension. :rolleyes:.

It's a joke. Because we go over this at least once a week. :tongue:

Anyway, even if all said is true, where does this properties like Daredevil, Punisher, Namor, etc? Guardians was successful enough to merit an attraction at Disney, if they can legally pull it off. I don't believe Universal has their fingers in the Inhumans either...which could possibly work out for Disney, too. Even if Gauardians and Inhumans are the only Marvel presence at Studios, they would be welcomed ones.

Daredevil/Punisher = Spider-Man, I'd say.

Namor is never getting a movie, but if he did, he's definitely part of Fantastic Four.

Inhumans doesn't come out until 2019, so we're a long way away from knowing if anything from that would happen.

Reactions: Scarletwebslingr
It's a joke. Because we go over this at least once a week. :tongue:

Daredevil/Punisher = Spider-Man, I'd say.

Namor is never getting a movie, but if he did, he's definitely part of Fantastic Four.

Inhumans doesn't come out until 2019, so we're a long way away from knowing if anything from that would happen.

I need to read this forum more....I only recently rediscovered my password so I've fallen waaay behind. Even though Punisher has been on his own two feet for several decades, he debuted in a Spidey comic, so I see why he might be under that umbrella, but, other than sharing the same city as Spider-Man, I'm not sure why Daredevil would be. Do you think Namor could be an unaffiliated movie if he fights the non-FF original Human Torch? And I didn't realize Inhumans was so far back -_- Thanks for the info.

Reactions: Brian G.
Anyway, even if all said is true, where does this properties like Daredevil (why would this be under the Spider-Man umbrella?), Punisher, Namor, etc? Guardians was successful enough to merit an attraction at Disney, if they can legally pull it off. I don't believe Universal has their fingers in the Inhumans either...which could possibly work out for Disney, too. Even if Guardians and Inhumans are the only Marvel presence at Studios, they would be welcomed ones.

I'm assuming because of their joint comics and cross-overs.

Guardians absolutely could warrant an attraction if done right, but the legalities may make it impossible.

Inhumans have a lot of ties to FF, they may not be able to anyway.

Reactions: Scarletwebslingr
Nearly every Marvel hero/villain has interacted with one another some time since the early 60's (not counting the Timely/Marvel characters of the Golden Age who also are in most of the stories). You would be hard pressed to find more than a handful of characters that didn't. It could get so complicated, even the lawyers would have a tough time researching and definitely saying that "X" character never associated with all the other interlocking groups and characters. The Marvel Universe, and all of their alternate universes, are a very complicated scenario. As an example, newer Marvel writers in the past who didn't do their research well, used to make major blunders on who's and what's.

Last edited:
If anyone is curious to what we're gonna see come to DHS in the overhaul I'd be paying very close attention to those Shanghai ride systems.

2 of which, Tron and Peter Pan are very interesting. Also remember it's not out of the question for anything Shanghai to be cloned stateside as the China park has essentially footed Imagineers crazy R&D bills.

If anyone is curious to what we're gonna see come to DHS in the overhaul I'd be paying very close attention to those Shanghai ride systems.

2 of which, Tron and Peter Pan are very interesting. Also remember it's not out of the question for anything Shanghai to be cloned stateside as the China park has essentially footed Imagineers crazy R&D bills.
Yeah, I could see a Tron system for the Star Wars speeder bike's "rumored"attraction.

I have a feeling that we may get Roaring Rapids in Frontierland.

I have a feeling that we may get Roaring Rapids in Frontierland.
It would make sence since the R&D is done and there are Frontierland Expansion rumors, but frankly Roaring Rapids belongs more in Adventureland, where (imo), a expansion is much more needed.

I really don't want another water ride though, especially with Splash right there, however, the concept art for RR looks pretty impressive.