Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016) | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I find it frustrating that when Spider-Man was rebooted, people flipped out that he had another origin story and yet here we have Batman's parents dying for what...the fourth or fifth time now? I grew up with Batman and Superman (the 90's was an awesome time for super hero cartoons/movies...if you ignore Batman and Robin, anyway), so the kid in me really wants to like this movie. But the trailer looks awfully lackluster and, of course, hyper-gritty. I feel like DC served us an amazing dish with Batman Begins and then just kept on feeding us the same exact same plate and hoped we wouldn't notice. It's a stale formula. I want to have FUN in a DC movie for once.

And then there is Suicide Squad. While it is hosted by zero comic characters that I've actually cared about (not a huge Joker/Harley fan), they seem to be clued into what other DC movies have been missing out on and am super stoked for this. Bravo :)

Reactions: Jymmymack
I'm still not sure how to feel about the DC movies. I honestly don't like that this new universe's Batman is already been in action for a long, long time as Superman just now arrives. I don't want another Batman origin movie (though it appears we are once again getting the murdered parents scene in BvS, ugh) but seeing a young rising Batman go against his top villains for the first time and grow and mature is something I want. The biggest disappointment of the Nolan universe to me is the amount of villains left on the table (that and Batman deciding to be a bitch and hide for 10 years after Rachel dies when the death of his parents inspired him to become Batman to begin with). It sounds like Affleck will star/write/direct another solo Batman movie after BvS, but I'm expecting it to probably be a giant showdown with him and Leto's Joker. With all that and a 2 part Justice League, the options for a new Batman series of films looks dim unless DC wants to do a separate one not in this shared universe, so it ain't happening.

I'm still not sure how to feel about the DC movies. I honestly don't like that this new universe's Batman is already been in action for a long, long time as Superman just now arrives. I don't want another Batman origin movie (though it appears we are once again getting the murdered parents scene in BvS, ugh) but seeing a young rising Batman go against his top villains for the first time and grow and mature is something I want. The biggest disappointment of the Nolan universe to me is the amount of villains left on the table (that and Batman deciding to be a bitch and hide for 10 years after Rachel dies when the death of his parents inspired him to become Batman to begin with). It sounds like Affleck will star/write/direct another solo Batman movie after BvS, but I'm expecting it to probably be a giant showdown with him and Leto's Joker. With all that and a 2 part Justice League, the options for a new Batman series of films looks dim unless DC wants to do a separate one not in this shared universe, so it ain't happening.

I agree with you. I actually trust Leto's acting abilities though I would be lying to say I dig the look of the new Joker. If they wanted to go for a more mature, already in his prime Batman, I actually think Josh Brolin would have made a great Bruce/Batman.

I agree with you. I actually trust Leto's acting abilities though I would be lying to say I dig the look of the new Joker. If they wanted to go for a more mature, already in his prime Batman, I actually think Josh Brolin would have made a great Bruce/Batman.

Brolin would be a solid Batman, but the problem is he's already working with Marvel as Thanos. I know there has been some Marvel/DC crossover actors (Ryan Reynolds, Ben Affleck and Halle Berry come to mind), but expecting someone to play an iconic character for both powerhouses at the same time is pushing it.

I'm fine with Affleck as Batman, just not digging the fact that Batman has already lived through most of his career already when this universe is starting.

Brolin would be a solid Batman, but the problem is he's already working with Marvel as Thanos. I know there has been some Marvel/DC crossover actors (Ryan Reynolds, Ben Affleck and Halle Berry come to mind), but expecting someone to play an iconic character for both powerhouses at the same time is pushing it.

I'm fine with Affleck as Batman, just not digging the fact that Batman has already lived through most of his career already when this universe is starting.

I was okay with Batman being a veteran at the beginning of the new DC movieverse initially, because I assumed it was a clever way to avoid retelling his origin...then we got that nice shot of his parents dying anyway so now I'm in the same boat as you. Yea, I see why Brolin isn't Bruce, but I wish they'd just use him anyway. I mean, he hasn't even gotten out of his cgi chair in Marvel...give the man some action already!

Well, I think that new trailer proved how incredibly desperate WB is right now. They showed probably every money shot that film has, and spoiled whatever surprises it did have.

Admittedly I didn't have much of a intrest in seeing this film (As much as I do like the idea of Affleck playing Batman), but that intrest is now ZERO.

Reactions: youhow2
Well first, it's just a poorly made trailer. The first half was a single clip and the second was a mess.

The point of this trailer seemed to be, "Yeah that 'versus' part of the title doesn't mean much."

And second, it just looks like once again Snyder throwing everything at the wall hoping something will stick.

Not as good as the last trailers but enjoyable. Lex was awkward but I feel he'll be better in the movie. And yeah, they gave away waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much. We pretty much all assumed Doomsday would be in it, but this was just too much. I'll still see it on opening weekend.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Yeah, gotta echo everyone else. This makes me much less interested in the movie. The previous trailers made it look like a war between equal forces; to quote the Joker, "What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?" Now it just looks like a grudge match that will ultimately lead to Batty and Supe becoming besties.

If they had just cut out the last 45 seconds, I feel the reaction to this trailer would have been a lot more positive (and by more positive, I more so mean less hated). End it with Supes demanding Batman to stay down and that whole exchange would have been a pretty good punctuation to the trailer.

Obviously besides the fact that Eisenberg is playing Lex like Zuckerberg, the biggest issue is SPOILING THE TWIST. We all knew they were gonna work together, but part of the hype was wondering "What is the catalyst that gets them on the same side?". Now we know and the tension is lost.