Broken Ride Effects | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Broken Ride Effects

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm assuming he means lateral motion. I've seen the Dragons neck not move with the head to the far right position and the jaw and fog work. I've also seen the Dragon move the neck with no fog. To my memory I don't believe I have ever seen the Dragon do nothing.

I'm referring to the lateral motion. Haven't seen that in five years - just the jaw, head tilt and fog.

BTW, I had no idea that the entire dragon sculpture is so large! The height of the ride vehicle at that point must be extended to it's maximum!

FJ_dragon_zpsmyvgwody.jpg

FYI, I stole this from Entech's promo PDF...

It's not. It's prolly at the mid point of the range of the vehicle. Because u drop down 3 feet or so to see the dragon.

We broke down for apx. 10 minutes in front of the dragon 3 years ago. Pretty cool to me but my GF was a little scared from the approach & effects.

We broke down for apx. 10 minutes in front of the dragon 3 years ago. Pretty cool to me but my GF was a little scared from the approach & effects.
About a year ago I got stuck right after the Whomping Willow, what a crazy miss that was. Got to see the rest of the ride with the lights on.

They never evacuated, so the magic wasn't spoiled. But we did one better. We broke down in front of the ballroom scene on Haunted Mansion. That was great cause we got to see & enjoy all the little nuances that you always want more of in that epic scene. And again, ride just resumed after apx. 10 or 15 minutes, so the magic remained. That's really the only long breakdowns we experienced together, so we've been pretty fortunate...Though we did have a bad breakdown when we did singles line on Gringotts last year. I was fine, but my GF was stuck for almost an hour.

Rip Ride Rockit's music selection hasn't been working for many of the RVs for a while. The screens stuck on the "exit to your right" animation. Anyone know if there is a refurbishment scheduled for it sometime soon cause it seems like it needs it?

So I did visit Terminator yesterday and watched a show in which the bike once again was not in use. When I asked around most people said they'd seen it very recently, one worker saying the day before. So it appears that effect is something of a hit or miss right now.

Rip Ride Rockit's music selection hasn't been working for many of the RVs for a while. The screens stuck on the "exit to your right" animation. Anyone know if there is a refurbishment scheduled for it sometime soon cause it seems like it needs it?
Nothing scheduled i don't think. I agree though, it needs a refurb.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention I did Poseidon's Fury for the first time. I thought it was pretty cool as far as theme park shows go - the script is pretty hokey but it works... Anyway just thought I'd mention the water vortex was not running, not sure if that's been gone or not but I was a bit disappointed about it.

Reactions: princeinc
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention I did Poseidon's Fury for the first time. I thought it was pretty cool as far as theme park shows go - the script is pretty hokey but it works... Anyway just thought I'd mention the water vortex was not running, not sure if that's been gone or not but I was a bit disappointed about it.
Thanks for mentioning that. I forgot too. I was disappointed too. I was with some friends from home and had convinced them to go to the attraction because of how cool that effect was. When the door opened and we had the laser light show, they all turned and looked at me.

Reactions: Frogki
Its a hit or miss honestly. I've heard people tell me it can work for one show, not for the next, and then suddenly work for the third one. I think there is probably a system that immediately shuts it off if something is just a little off, but retries it for every show.

Reactions: Frogki