MSHI Expansion? | Page 29 | Inside Universal Forums

MSHI Expansion?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Is it possible if we don't get Mark, we get a impersonator? Or if it does happen, does it have to be Ruffalo. As i'm asking just from the Diagon Alley/HE Vo on Harry and Hermonie.
It'll be Mark's face but it'll be a British accent sounding like the bad Hermonie.:shh:

Is it possible if we don't get Mark, we get a impersonator? Or if it does happen, does it have to be Ruffalo. As i'm asking just from the Diagon Alley/HE Vo on Harry and Hermonie.

IF it's going to be the MCU, I doubt Marvel is going to hop on board with impersonators, especially when they're still making big movies with these guys. Not the same situation as Dan/Emma IMO

The problem I see with that is that Mark Ruffalo, for example, is not the first actor to play the Hulk and won't be the last. So how does Universal get around the fact that the MCU is based on a very specific group of face actors that will not outlast the stories they're in? If they go MCU to the whole island, who do they get to play Spider-Man? I feel like using the actors from the movies in the rides dates the attractions and puts them at an automatic disadvantage in the future.

Ruffalo will be the person to play the Hulk for the next 5+ years. After that, you can redo a few videos/voiceovers.

The problem I see with that is that Mark Ruffalo, for example, is not the first actor to play the Hulk and won't be the last. So how does Universal get around the fact that the MCU is based on a very specific group of face actors that will not outlast the stories they're in? If they go MCU to the whole island, who do they get to play Spider-Man? I feel like using the actors from the movies in the rides dates the attractions and puts them at an automatic disadvantage in the future.
Yeah, it's kind of like the problem that WDW has with things like Tomorrowland. It's something that needs to be updated periodically. Just like Tomorrowland desperately needs to be updated, if Universal went with the actors, they'd have to switch out over time. I mean, this cast playing these characters is solid through 2019, but what happens after that?

Yeah, it's kind of like the problem that WDW has with things like Tomorrowland. It's something that needs to be updated periodically. Just like Tomorrowland desperately needs to be updated, if Universal went with the actors, they'd have to switch out over time. I mean, this cast playing these characters is solid through 2019, but what happens after that?

Look at it this way: The land opened based on comic and TV cartoon depictions that were already grossly out of date. So it'd just be swapping one out of date aesthetic for a (IMO) way better looking out of date aesthetic

Look at it this way: The land opened based on comic and TV cartoon depictions that were already grossly out of date. So it'd just be swapping one out of date aesthetic for a (IMO) way better looking out of date aesthetic

Did you make a mistake here? Both the current style and a brand new style based on MCU would both be "out of date"?

Did you make a mistake here? Both the current style and a brand new style based on MCU would both be "out of date"?

Not what I meant. I meant that even when the MCU version is "out of date" by 2022 or so, it's not like the current version isn't already hilariously out of date

That's the thing about Uni, they like updating things.

So when the face character actors are replaced, the attractions will be updated.

Right.

Maybe they'll just use the CGI version of Ruffalo, after he's already turned into the Hulk. It wouldn't matter much then, because.....its the Hulk. Not Ruffalo.

I agree, that I'd rather that MSHI be out-of-date but based off incredibly iconic and popular movies, rather then out-of-date and based off obscure cartoon iterations like it is now.

I agree, that I'd rather that MSHI be out-of-date but based off incredibly iconic and popular movies, rather then out-of-date and based off obscure cartoon iterations like it is now.

By obscure iterations do you mean all of the comics and animated series which kept Marvel afloat for the duration of the 90s? Which is...you know...when Islands of Adventure opened?

Reactions: SeventyOne
I would agree that they are not as recognizable as the current incarnations to children, but I wouldn't call the designs obscure.

No matter.

What I really want to know is what's happening to Doom? Staying? Coming down? Rethemed? Refurbed? I don't think Doom is a great ride, but I've always enjoyed it immensely.

-Andy

Well, that will be fine with me. Although I have always loved how ominous it felt while standing in line.

One thing that I will NOT miss from MSHI are the cheap Japanese animations that currently play in the Hulk and Doom queues. I've never been a fan of that style of animation, so I'll be very glad to see them go.

-Andy

One thing that I will NOT miss from MSHI are the cheap Japanese animations that currently play in the Hulk and Doom queues. I've never been a fan of that style of animation, so I'll be very glad to see them go.

-Andy

They're actually South Korean, animated by Koko Enterprises. I suggest you check their wiki, they're the same studio behind a ton of significant animated shows like Animaniacs, Batman Beyond, Justice League, Gargoyles, and my personal favorite Big Guy and Rusty. They know what they are doing.

That's not to say they are well animated, but whomever dictated that style used on Hulk, whether it be designer or budget, made a mistake. The end result is awful. In contrast to their work on Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man, which is on par with Spider-Man Unlimited, which Koko also animated. Dr. Doom's isn't awful, it's just highly inspired by SpumCo and Russian propaganda posters.

The MCU look using current actors will eventually grow dated and out of style, Marvel Comic Books, which have been around forever and are still enormously popular, will not go out of style.

Reactions: Mad Dog
The MCU look using current actors will eventually grow dated and out of style, Marvel Comic Books, which have been around forever and are still enormously popular, will not go out of style.

Except the look of Marvel comic books changes yearly. You're seriously going to tell me the depictions as we see them in MSHI aren't dated?

Except the look of Marvel comic books changes yearly. You're seriously going to tell me the depictions as we see them in MSHI aren't dated?

I think that the look of MSHI could use an update because it looks worn down, but keep it with a comic book look because Marvel Comics will never be out of date. I think a move to the theming of the current movies would be a bummer. Comic Spidey will always be more relevant than a movie iteration, just ask Tobey and Andy