Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

UOR Announcement/Info After D23?

Perhaps buses are the most efficient mode of transportation right now to a theme park, in terms of cost, but bullet trains from MCO to the resort would be amazing!

The difference is Disney has the Magical Express from MCO... sure it is just a % of the amount of people, but those people come with no cars to Orlando.

It would really help UOR to have a similar service tbh.

Universal has a fraction of the hotels on site compared to Disney and doesn't attract (according to those TEA numbers) anywhere near the amount of visitors. So at this moment someone crunching numbers doesn't think were quite there yet. But by the time Disney opens a Star Wars land, Universal with have 2 fully loaded theme parks, a water park, and a real night time entertainment district with exclusive offerings. Not to mention several THOUSAND more hotel rooms. Oh and a new convention center to boot. My point being give it time, I'm sure mass transit is something they are very interested in right now.

Doesn't Universal have a shuttle now but costs? I could have sworn I saw someone talking about it on Twitter last week.

They do. It costs $35 a person though and the service begins on September 1st.

From the email I received:

"What is the Universal SuperStar Shuttle?
The Universal SuperStar Shuttle is roundtrip ground transportation from Orlando International Airport to Universal
Orlando On-Site Hotels. The transportation service includes Universal Orlando Resort Welcome Centers located in
Terminal A and B of the Orlando International Airport within the Universal Studios Stores, as well as a Travel Wallet
with Pre-Printed Travel Documents."

Reactions: *Q*
Yeah 35 is a bit steep, I'm referring to a one day free service but thanks for sharing

Maybe they could help fund an expansion of the Maglev train that is being built to go between Point Orlando, OCCC, and MCO. Which just recently contracted a builder for the trains and may be off the ground by 2017? (Hopefully)

Also if you staying for any length of time its cheaper than paying for onsite parking at their resorts

Yeah, deluxe resorts are up to $20 a night now, but I tend to drive up to Orlando, the is some bus that I think runs out of Broward/dade county that sometimes has $10 fares that I might consider some day, but for a family of three, I just do not see not driving up there, but, what I wanted to say is that I always assume the cost of the Disney service is built into the room (and the parking) and Disney has priced me out for the cost of a night's stay...so I still like that UOR doesn't have a 'free' service as I feel it would just add to the rate for each night's stay for a service I wouldn't use...now if a train ever gets built from Palm Beach to Orlando, I would consider it if it makes sense for my family and the savings in parking fees would be considered in my thought process...but I imagine I would still end up paying someone to keep my car somewhere or paying to get to/from a train station...so I think I will always be driving to Orlando.

But if I were flying in, I think I would stay at UOR without a car as it is nice that you safe that money on parking as opposed to ever room night paying more to have the cost included for a service you don't use...sort of like resort fees that include a fitness center you might not feel inclined to use.

I have no idea why Orlando has not worked in rail project connecting Altamonte Spring / Maitland / DTown / Int'l Dr. / UOR / WDW / MCO / Tampa / Daytona Beach and Cape-Cocoa Bch. It could solve most of trafic problems here.

I have no idea why Orlando has not worked in rail project connecting Altamonte Spring / Maitland / DTown / Int'l Dr. / UOR / WDW / MCO / Tampa / Daytona Beach and Cape-Cocoa Bch. It could solve most of trafic problems here.

Disney is the hold up

There also working on the high speed rail from Miami to MCO which hopefully is the first step with the second begin connecting MCO to the attraction area. Its a bit pricey though from what I heard

I know Disney has a lot of power in Florida but what are they doing to hold this up? Im curious about this type of stuff since I don't hear much about it

They're fighting with local legislation because they don't like the idea of transportation stopping at other places besides Disney. Makes sense from their perspective, just a jerk move. :lol:

They're fighting with local legislation because they don't like the idea of transportation stopping at other places besides Disney. Makes sense from their perspective, just a jerk move. :lol:
And that's where the city should say "Not a problem, we will "literally" by pass you. That's one less station we have to build".

Makes total sense from a business standpoint but eventually the wall will have to be broken down and allowed right?

Makes total sense from a business standpoint but eventually the wall will have to be broken down and allowed right?
The good thing is the scales are tipping in Universal's favor these days. Disney's local political power is dropping. They have isolated themselves in RCID and has arrogantly yielded their power. Disney is not real popular with local politicians.