Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion | Page 96 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So I understand that marketing has a schedule to go by But why wouldn't they have announced another Ip like AWIL to make it look like nothing was wrong. Do we think for merchandise AWIL will take the place for scream?

It is doubtful. Other people discussed the greater possibility yesterday that it will be a similar setting. Most likely the same set will be used.

And another thought now that all hands probably are on deck to get this replacement going do you think some aspects of the event may be toned down or even not done? I'm not saying it is I'm just curious your thoughts.. .

It all depends whether or not Universal might supplement their budget, which is really doubtful. In that case, they would be smart to just slap the IP name on it and the actors jump people wearing different costumes.

Reactions: Legacy
Ouch...just got word that the merch featuring the houses for this year were already printed/manufactured. Unless something happens fast - like a significantly smaller order with less than the normal lead time (2 months for shirts, 4 months for glassware) - expect house specific merch only for the first few weeks.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Not likely unless you're internal and can get your hands on the test shots. They'll be destroyed or otherwise be at risk for a lawsuit.
It is probably unlikely but it might be a good idea to check some local thrift stores. They sometimes get discarded clothing products. I got a Disney Cruise Line shirt once with a Universal tag, they had a whole rack of them.

Oh, I know. Just laying out how ridiculous the situation is.

I'm just going to say it (not sure if anyone else has). To preface, I have no direct inside info on what the replacement is. But I'd guess it could be Halloween.

Halloween set in the 1970s, and one of the best things about that house was how it felt like a 1970 suburban home. I think they're probably stuck with a 2015esque suburban home as a setting. Hearing The Purge tossed around, that could work, basically street clothes and the masks.

Not that it is very likely, but I will laugh if the Scream house ends up being converted to the Caretaker's Scream House. What are the most likely candidates that could be chosen for the switcheroo? I know we just had Halloween last year, but I'd love to see that 1 again, or better yet, add on to it.

Halloween set in the 1970s, and one of the best things about that house was how it felt like a 1970 suburban home. I think they're probably stuck with a 2015esque suburban home as a setting. Hearing The Purge tossed around, that could work, basically street clothes and the masks.

I'm in total agreement that it isn't a good fit. But do you think Marketing would care in such a scenario?

I could see them tossing in Purge, but the issue there is that property doesn't have the same draw as Scream. I figured Marketing would be looking for something comparable if they were going to bother.

"Scream" sets wouldn't resemble any of the aesthetic choices that define the Screamhouse series.

Awkward that Hollywood just threw out another announcement... all that's left is their zones and Terror Tram.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I'm in total agreement that it isn't a good fit. But do you think Marketing would care in such a scenario?

I could see them tossing in Purge, but the issue there is that property doesn't have the same draw as Scream. I figured Marketing would be looking for something comparable if they were going to bother.

"Scream" sets wouldn't resemble any of the aesthetic choices that define the Screamhouse series.

At this point, they don't have a choice.

Regardless, it seems this will be a lesson going forward and something that will affect future Horror Nights. We'll probably see a lot more iron clad contracts offered by Universal to IP owners, and that may be too much for them to agree to.

At this point, they don't have a choice.

Regardless, it seems this will be a lesson going forward and something that will affect future Horror Nights. We'll probably see a lot more iron clad contracts offered by Universal to IP owners, and that may be too much for them to agree to.

Then I think this begs the question: why not just let A&D come up with their own thing using materials they have? The Purge just isn't a huge draw. I'd understand if Marketing wanted a fourth IP "pillar" that was equally strong, but Purge just isn't powerful enough to fill the hole of Scream. Adding another IP just seems unnecessary... they have their "big 3."

Then I think this begs the question: why not just let A&D come up with their own thing using materials they have? The Purge just isn't a huge draw. I'd understand if Marketing wanted a fourth IP "pillar" that was equally strong, but Purge just isn't powerful enough to fill the hole of Scream. Adding another IP just seems unnecessary... they have their "big 3."

Unless we're talking some off-the-wall IP....

An IP, regardless of how strong it is, will always be a stronger draw than an original idea to the GP.

Another thing to consider is that we're 30 days out. Extremely hard to come up with original concept, costumes, story... all that jazz. Using an existing IP gives them a great jump start at the re-do.

Unless we're talking some off-the-wall IP....

An IP, regardless of how strong it is, will always be a stronger draw than an original idea to the GP.

Another thing to consider is that we're 30 days out. Extremely hard to come up with original concept, costumes, story... all that jazz. Using an existing IP gives them a great jump start at the re-do.
Bingo.

Considering Purge: Anarchy made $200 million last year and is getting a third film, it's definitely far more of a draw for the general public than anything original A&D could come up with in three weeks.

Any Purge overlay of a Scream house would be ridiculously simple. Graffiti, new soundtrack, change the costumes, viola. They both take place in modern times and match a suburban setting. They can't really change rooms a lot because I'm fairly certain final permit inspections have been made.

Just a thought, They could also do a new story on the Purge. Much like how they did with AVP. Instead of just doing the first film. Maybe were going inside a redesign state of the art security house during the Purge. Another idea maybe a story to tie in between Purge Anarchy and the third film. None the less I'm actually excited.

Well... That's basically what they have to do. They have a house constructed that (likely) mimics a suburban neighborhood. Maybe a high school. Luckily, Purge night isn't localized. It happens everywhere. The story of this Purge house will literally be: "It's Purge night. Try to survive." That's the story of any and every Purge anything.

These code names where given to characters. They will have a letter A B or C with a number at the end such as Corn A12.

No, I know. What I'm saying is "Corn" and "Broccoli" mean nothing. They're a placeholder for people's actual role names, that have no correlation to the part they're playing. They're there so that people don't leak things three months out from the event. Last year many people were given different gemstones, it's the same here. As I said, most scareactors do now know their actual role.

Reactions: Eckert