Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 3 | Page 43 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 3

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm glad Nassal is able to meet the high standards of quality and show Universal has on them. Their output as of late has been fantastic.

Ok, time to tell you a story that I have been sitting on for the past 3 months until I felt safe that memories have faded. Some of you will appreciate it while some of you will not. What is fascinating about this post is that it covers three major projects... two still yet to open.

While we assumed that Nassal was involved with Diagon, Gringotts and Kings Cross, I can only say with conviction that Nassal was heavily involved with Gringotts both inside and out but I do not know about the others.

Turns out that two other major companies were under contract to build and theme major components/areas as well. Unfortunately, sometime in the last 6-8 months of the project they were both coming up short, making mistakes, excuses and what not.

Apparently Universal turned to Nassal and asked them if they could assemble a team to finish all that was remaining, which was daunting to say the least. Nassal agreed to the task and the other to companies were told to go home; they were finished.

So, Nassal finished what all of you see now, they brought it to life despite the setbacks.

Two other parks:

Universal (and perhaps Comcast execs) were so impressed by Nassal's team, and without a stomach for mistakes awarded Nassal two upcoming projects WITHOUT PUTTING IT OUT FOR BID! That is a big deal in business but apparently one that Universal was willing to accept.

So, sans bid, Nassal was awarded both the Kong project as well as the Volcano Bay project.

*addendum: there is a lot more to every story and I feel positive I have over simplified the arching details of what happened and there might be some inaccuracies typed here. However, I feel confident that the overall synopsis stated is correct.
Were they Florida based companies or European based firms?

Were they Florida based companies or European based firms?

Ah yes, I was waiting for that question. Although I will not offer names, one is a NY company and the other is a California company. Both sizable and have a good history with Universal.

Personally, I always thought that Nassal had the edge with Hogsmeade and close relationship with WB, Gilmore and to a degree, Craig already under their belt. Who could beat that experience?

Last edited:
I am sure this has all already been discussed, but I went to DA for the first time last week and noticed on the Hogwarts Express, Hermione is not voiced by Emma Watson. Does anyone know the reason for this/why they could not have at least gotten a more convincing actress? The one now sounds awful!

I am sure this has all already been discussed, but I went to DA for the first time last week and noticed on the Hogwarts Express, Hermione is not voiced by Emma Watson. Does anyone know the reason for this/why they could not have at least gotten a more convincing actress? The one now sounds awful!

We have never known why they settled for the poor voice. Everyone dislikes it.

Reactions: ductapemyheartt
Teebin, given universals reliance on nasaal at the moment, what are the chances of universal maybe buying the company??

I doubt that would ever happen. Universal Creative relies on hundreds of contractors, artists and builders to flesh-out and create their ideas and concepts. They employ a few artists and engineers within Universal Creative as permanent employees, mostly to oversee/art direct their vision to come to fruition.

Nassal is an independent contractor responsible for their own employees. Universal is more than satisfied with that.

The only reason Universal would consider this is if Nassal started to become too busy to satisfy Universal's needs.

Which is unlikely in itself. Nassal should have a robust way of managing demand and know what contractors they need to take on to keep the resource levels up. It's not like Uni have to tell them what the project is, just the skills and numbers needed

Excellent! Unique details like that are often the first to suffer budget cuts at the parks. Of course... Potter is a bit different.
Those guys are brilliant.

Kings Cross is still a little too clean, it needs years of dirt to build up!

Reactions: Mad Dog
She may not be as hands on to the degree that rumors suppose.
That's what I've heard as well, with Warner being the real guardians of the franchise for theme parks. But even then, it's surprising THEY allowed it considering how nitpicky they have been about every other detail.

Reactions: Mad Dog