HHN 25: Bill & Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 25: Bill & Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jurassic World, Avengers, Ant Man, Straight Outta Compton and some flops (Tomorrowland, Terminator) will get mentions. I could see them doing Inside Out as well since they did a similar gag last year. Star Wars probably as well

As for real life people, I mean... Trump. Period. That's going to be the whole show. Jared from Subway I can see getting massacred. I don't know if they'll come close to touching Jenner. That's almost as touchy as gun issues.

If SNL writers are involved I do wonder if that means that Avatarland bit won't be present. It'd be a shame.

Jurassic World, Avengers, Ant Man, Straight Outta Compton and some flops (Tomorrowland, Terminator) will get mentions. I could see them doing Inside Out as well since they did a similar gag last year. Star Wars probably as well

As for real life people, I mean... Trump. Period. That's going to be the whole show. Jared from Subway I can see getting massacred. I don't know if they'll come close to touching Jenner. That's almost as touchy as gun issues.

If SNL writers are involved I do wonder if that means that Avatarland bit won't be present. It'd be a shame.
Totally forgot about Jared, he definitely has to be in it.

If Trump is in it, then El Chapo would most definitely be in it as well. For sure there has to be Star Wars, Jurassic World.

The same writer/director is doing the show. I would guess if SNL is involved it's more if a collaboration than taking over. I always heard some of the former B&T writers went on to work for SNL so I wonder if it's perhaps them coming back to participate.

I think Jared is a little different from Jenner. The media is portraying him as a bad guy, Jenner as a hero. The media will portray satire as an attack. An attack asgainst a bad guy may not go over in a negative way.

Reactions: Ryan
If there's one thing I've noticed from Bill & Ted year after year, is that the script seems to be written in May/June and any current events that have happened afterward are not usually referenced. So I wouldn't hold my breath for anything too new.

Jared from Subway I can see getting massacred. I don't know if they'll come close to touching Jenner. That's almost as touchy as gun issues.
Really? A guy who goes around violating minors is fair game but Jenner, who, let's be honest, is definitely not afraid of having throngs of attention brought onto him by the media, is not? That's a little weird...

Really? A guy who goes around violating minors is fair game but Jenner, who, let's be honest, is definitely not afraid of having throngs of attention brought onto him by the media, is not? That's a little weird...

Let's end this here. Both are hard subjects to lampoon and probably won't be touched by B&T.

Him?

You're on such thin ice here. You obviously meant her. Her name is Caitlyn.

Agreed with testtrack.

Not to get into the specificity of either case mentioned, but after Hollywood's uproar and Universal almost losing the permission to use Bill & Ted entirely, expect them to be very cautious in making certain jokes. It's too late in the process for an actual appearance by Jared, probably, but it's much easier to satirize a demonized "villain" than to satirize a beloved cultural touchstone.

There's the whole "we're being too sensitive in comedy" movement that I actually agree has some merit, but Bill & Ted, while crass and PG-16ish-rated, will not push very many boundaries.

I think you might be surprised about Trump. I can't say with any certainty as I have no familiarity with this year's script, but after the Romney fiasco back in 2012, I don't know if Trump will be portrayed as an outright villain. (I hope he is - but many are entertaining him as a real candidate, and lampooning him that aggressively might draw a response from his campaign.)

Reactions: Cole and Ryan
They are capable of adding stuff last minute it's just not as well integrated. In 2012 they added Disney buying Star Wars and hurricane Sandy for just the last 2-3 days of the show.

I think you might be surprised about Trump. I can't say with any certainty as I have no familiarity with this year's script, but after the Romney fiasco back in 2012, I don't know if Trump will be portrayed as an outright villain. (I hope he is - but many are entertaining him as a real candidate, and lampooning him that aggressively might draw a response from his campaign.)

Good point, Trump would go over bonkers in the liberal LA market, but in red state Florida things get a bit trickier. However, Trump's campaign has been driven to such high lunacies (plus the fact that the actual election still will not have happened a year from now) that I can't see him at least being featured.

Good point, Trump would go over bonkers in the liberal LA market, but in red state Florida things get a bit trickier. However, Trump's campaign has been driven to such high lunacies (plus the fact that the actual election still will not have happened a year from now) that I can't see him at least being featured.

Oh yeah, he'll be featured. It's a question of in what light, to what degree, and to what capacity. I just don't see him being THE VILLAIN for the year, even if it'd be an easy premise - the potential for vocal pushback might steer them in other directions.

Song predictions?

I think "Uma Thurman" is a lock. They love FOB, and it samples the freakin' Munsters.

"Bad Blood" and "Shut Up and Dance" seem likely.

No obvious throwback rock song to close it out this year, maybe a Stones song since they were here?