Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 44 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
JWhee: Good find. Well, that's a novel way to get rid of the Brazilian tour groups when they get too obnoxious and rowdy. (Heh, your video & comments disappeared)

Last edited:
What movie and what scene

Jade, while we appreciate your enthusiasm concerning the Orlando parks, you have to realize that the forums aren't constructed to be a personal Q&A session. Furthermore, while we have experts, some of the questions that you have presented have been in reference to obscure things that many of us do not have any clue about. We'll try to help in any way we can, just try to be a little more thoughtful of the questions you ask.

Bonjours tout le monde !! Let me quickly introduce myself, i'm Lucas, i'm from The vosges in france, i spend a lot of time to read your discutions about our beloved Universal orando, and i think if you permit, it's the time for me to join you.
My passion for universal have started when i had 13 (first of all for his movie studio, and with the time for his theme park activity ).
I just want to precised i would like to work in the theme park industry later as a designer ( in rockwork if it possible, i'm just fascinated about rockwork).

Like a most of you, i'm very enthusiast about this new venue, so to get into the thick of it, do you think universal will cover the entire show building with rocks or they just paint in black some portion of it (like on this picture) ?

Attachments

• kong UOR.jpg
    kong UOR.jpg
    418.7 KB · Views: 40
Bonjours tout le monde !! Let me quickly introduce myself, i'm Lucas, i'm from The vosges in france, i spend a lot of time to read your discutions about our beloved Universal orando, and i think if you permit, it's the time for me to join you.
My passion for universal have started when i had 13 (first of all for his movie studio, and with the time for his theme park activity ).
I just want to precised i would like to work in the theme park industry later as a designer ( in rockwork if it possible, i'm just fascinated about rockwork).

Like a most of you, i'm very enthusiast about this new venue, so to get into the thick of it, do you think universal will cover the entire show building with rocks or they just paint in black some portion of it (like on this picture) ?

Welcome Lucas. It's a tough call on that area. Perhaps they will paint faux rock flat onto the surface. Universal Creative is most concerned with having the attraction look good from within the attraction/queue itself. They seldom bother with things that can be seen from distant areas.

I am still unsure how they will finish off those mountain peaks further back.

Yes i think you're right !
And i have noticed the way UC developed their themes areas, and like you say, "They seldom bother with things that can be seen from distant areas" Totally agree !
Thanks to you :) @Teebin

Back of buildings in the Magic Kingdom? Easy. You can see the back (the green painted) of Main Street from Town Square. Pirates, as said, is very lightly themed but is a box with a partial cannon fort. Small World. When in the que you can make out the brown show building for Splash Mountain. There are a few others but 99% of the people would never notice them being too awed by everything else. (I think that also applied to Forbidden Journey. People are generally so focused on Hogwarts they don't even notice the building).

This is great perspective. Until I see a flat photo of a wide shot, I rarely notice the buildings in the parks with the exception of Epcot. The place has such distant vistas, everything stands out like sore thumb. Soarin and the off property Waldorf or what ever brand it is, and that swan/dolphin mess.

This is great perspective. Until I see a flat photo of a wide shot, I rarely notice the buildings in the parks with the exception of Epcot. The place has such distant vistas, everything stands out like sore thumb. Soarin and the off property Waldorf or what ever brand it is, and that swan/dolphin mess.
Exactly.I can never understand the nitpicking of Universal buildings on Disney fan sites. You can see them all over the place at WDW. That said, minor views of showbuildings are something I don't really notice unless someone here points it out.

Reactions: ChrisFL
Exactly.I can never understand the nitpicking of Universal buildings on Disney fan sites. You can see them all over the place at WDW. That said, minor views of showbuildings are something I don't really notice unless someone here points it out.

Right, I am too mesmerized by all of the top notch theming at eye level and never notice the distant stuff. The back side of FJ from JP is a nightmare now, but whatever. Without that building we wouldn't have Diagon or Kong or Transformers and maybe even Comcast.

I've seen it in person about 6 months ago and looking trough a camera at the paintwork in detail there are actually a lot of colours in that paintjob. Due to the placement I have the feeling it's in the shadows most of the time and I wouldn't be surprised if it was done on purpose to make it more foreboding. Add a thick canopy of trees and it'll be a dark and brooding place. When they add fire an lighting I'm sure it'll come to life perfectly. And if they don't like it they'll repaint it over and over until they do. How many time's was the rockwork for Hogwarts painted? Quite a few times and it looks perfect.
A dragon in the world of Harry Potter makes sense, a castle on skull Island, an island inhabitted by native people, does not. There must be a better reason, maybe it wont look like that when it's finished.

Looking at the Orlandoparksnews.com photos, I'm very confused as to why the intrance/exit(?) building is starting to look like a castle... I know its not finished yet but why would this style make sense to the Skull Island asthetic?

Wait, are you talking about where the vehicles will be going into the showbuilding? Have you ever seen King Kong?

The while scene with bugs and bats, will that all be set pieces, something resembling the spider scene in Forbidden Journey? I am probably looking forward to this the most, as the spider thing in FJ is my favorite part of that ride, just feels so organic, absolutely love it.