HHN 25: Ticket, RIP Tours, and Pass Information | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 25: Ticket, RIP Tours, and Pass Information

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Has anyone tried to reach out to Aiello on twitter to confirm the RoF upgrade to FFP. I'm hold of buying my ticket to just be 100% sure that its not possible to upgrade.

Has anyone tried to reach out to Aiello on twitter to confirm the RoF upgrade to FFP. I'm hold of buying my ticket to just be 100% sure that its not possible to upgrade.

I was wondering about that. Was it possible to upgrade last year? Have you heard it won't be this year?

I don't think the RoF to FFP upgrade thing has ever been 100% for sure. I've never seen it in writing it's just always been one of those things were if you ask them they say yeah sure you can do that. Personally I think the FFP Plus pass should include those extra days and then it's a non issue. I guess the best thing to do would be to go to the ticket windows and ask several ticket TM's see what they say, after all those are the ones who will have to say no to the upgrade.

I was wondering about that. Was it possible to upgrade last year? Have you heard it won't be this year?
I think 2 people have said that if you use RoF on a night not covered by FFP (the 2nd or 3rd sat) you will be unable to upgrade. It sucks because it was a nice little perk for those in the know. And i did do it last year and it did work. I'm curious how many people did this last year that someone decided that it was costing them money. But still I dont see anything on the website about it. I don't have twitter so that why I was asking for someone to ask. Because I trust Aiellos word over someone at customer service that may not exactly know the situation since the event is still a few weeks away.

I've personally done it myself one or two different years in the past. I do think you have to avoid using it Saturdays.

Okay, so I've got two questions - is the Florida Resident pricing the same as the annual pass pricing? I couldn't find a separate price listed so that's my assumption right now.
If it's the same then you can ignore this next question, but if the annual pass discount is lower, could I purchase tickets for my friends using my discount or would the tickets only be discounted for myself?

Finally, for a group of college students who aren't locals, what would you recommend as the best night (possibly nights if we can squeeze out a second night) for us to go and accomplish all the houses, as most of us have never been and are very excited to see it all!

Reactions: neoshinok
I've personally done it myself one or two different years in the past. I do think you have to avoid using it Saturdays.
Last year I got RoF and went opening weekend and then the second and third saturday then upgraded on my way out of the park that third saturday. All they said last year is that it needed to be upgraded before you left the park the day it expired. So if this is true that you cannot upgrade after using a 2nd or 3rd sat then that is a change this year.

Reactions: neoshinok
Okay, so I've got two questions - is the Florida Resident pricing the same as the annual pass pricing? I couldn't find a separate price listed so that's my assumption right now.
If it's the same then you can ignore this next question, but if the annual pass discount is lower, could I purchase tickets for my friends using my discount or would the tickets only be discounted for myself?

Finally, for a group of college students who aren't locals, what would you recommend as the best night (possibly nights if we can squeeze out a second night) for us to go and accomplish all the houses, as most of us have never been and are very excited to see it all!
You can purchase AP discounted tickets for others. This applies to regular day tickets as well as HHN. You are limited to I think 6 per year though.

Reactions: Frogki

its about 5 bucks lower i believe. And you can purchase up to 6 at a time per transaction with your pass.

I'd stay away from any Friday or Saturday in October. Hopefully your schedules allow for one of the first nights of the event or a Wednesday or Thursday.

I thought that wed and Thursday nights are usually the most packed because its the cheapest and high school and college youths like cheap stuff.

As a general rule of thumb, look at the scale-price of an Express pass for any given night for an idea of how busy they expect it to be. Higher the cost for Express, the bigger the crowd they're expecting.

Last few years since I've had to give up the FFP game and only go once or twice, I always try to plan for a night where Express is one of the lower tier price points and seems to work out well.

Reactions: sjago13
Is anyone else having an issue RSVP'ing? My boyfriend and I both tried to RSVP and it keeps giving us an error message...

According to another site a lot of people are having trouble RSVP'ing and Universal has already confirmed that the IT department is working on things.

Reactions: sjago13
I did rof to ffp upgrade last year but have heard several credible sources say no to this year and am not willing to risk it.

You can buy up to 6 passes per transaction

i will be in Orlando Oct 23-31. We are getting Frequent fear plus passes and are AP holders staying onsite. Myself, DH and DS 14 will be attending. (13 year old still deciding!!)

My question is should I get the FFP passes with an RIP tour one night or buy the FFP with express to experience shorter waits all five nights? I am just not sure if the tour is so special I should go with that instead of express and hit the houses early the other 4 nights! Priced out both passes are about the same.

Thanks in advance experts !!!!!

Not based on experience but I would rather take 5 nights of express passes than one front of line access for each house.

According to another site a lot of people are having trouble RSVP'ing and Universal has already confirmed that the IT department is working on things.
Thanks. Unless something changes before I buy my tickets I will do the same.

i will be in Orlando Oct 23-31. We are getting Frequent fear plus passes and are AP holders staying onsite. Myself, DH and DS 14 will be attending. (13 year old still deciding!!)

My question is should I get the FFP passes with an RIP tour one night or buy the FFP with express to experience shorter waits all five nights? I am just not sure if the tour is so special I should go with that instead of express and hit the houses early the other 4 nights! Priced out both passes are about the same.

Thanks in advance experts !!!!!

Never done RIP tour but when waiting in line you see them walk up to the houses. They take you up the exits and straight to the front of the line zero wait. Express each night is the obvious choice and personally feel the RIP tour is only worth it if you have a really large group and are only going one night.