Are Shows Universal? | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Are Shows Universal?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
An impromptu competition between two people, a host pops out and everyone in the background knows just what to do, just like in the movies
:wave:

Reactions: Jon84
I can see Beat Builders getting a mini stage like the Hogsmeade shows. The Sing it one is pretty good, but I feel the Straight Out'a Food Truck show is terrible. It would work better with background music, a name that won't die out with time, and just better rapers. Disney Springs has some over their who do almost the same act but they are actually good.

Reactions: RevFreako
I can see Beat Builders getting a mini stage like the Hogsmeade shows. The Sing it one is pretty good, but I feel the Straight Out'a Food Truck show is terrible. It would work better with background music, a name that won't die out with time, and just better rapers. Disney Springs has some over their who do almost the same act but they are actually good.
I would much rather have a real food truck than that show..

Reactions: s8film40
I watched bits and pieces of all 3 today. The food truck needs to go, the Beat builders weren't too bad and the Sing It was pretty good. The funny thing is it seems like the less they spent on the set for these shows the better the actual show is. They bought a truck painted it up and put equipment in it and it's being outdone by a group of people on the street with nothing but microphones.

I would also say the entertainers are really doing a great job with this even the food truck ones.

Last edited:
Reactions: natespf
I think people are being a little harsh on the Straight Outta Food Truck show. The concept is alright its just not easy to freestyle rap which is what they were doing. They just need more relaxed and better improv artists and performers for that one.

If they changed the name from the Straight Outta Compton Food Truck to the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air Food Truck, then it might not seem so out of place.

The food truck rap is one of the worst street shows I've ever seen... I can honestly say I've seen better street talent panhandling outside your local airport or train station. YES ITS THAT BAD!!

Reactions: keeper
Btw I'm not the only one being harsh, people yesterday were literally covering their ears, laughing and pointing, and standing with their mouths a gasp in shock at the pain they were bringing. The only people that stayed for the whole show was Kyle since he was filming and the one family that couldn't leave cause part of their group got "selected" to participate. The rest of our group took the time to grab drinks, bathroom breaks and eat while we watched park patrons be assaulted by this audio attack. Had fun doing that fwiw...

To my surprise, Food Truck isn't that bad at all. I actually really enjoyed it. They moved it to the Disaster area, next to Chez Alcatraz. I enjoyed the show.

It's good that they moved it their. All the new shows being in one area, especially one fully populated with rides, seemed a little off to me.

We saw the Food Truck, Pitch Perfect, and last minute of the construction workers shows. I thought the Food Truck was actually pretty decent, hopefully they have a few different acts that they do.
Food Truck - they are pretty decent at improving their lyrics and it seemed like a fun show. That said when I watch this show I will certainly be hiding in the shadows so that I don't get to "participate" (I have some weird phobia about being chosen to help put on a show for some reason). I swear these are the same guys that were in Downtown Disney a few weeks ago.
The Pitch Perfect show had some decent singing and had a decent selection of songs. I don't know how up to date they will be able to keep it but the story line was pretty cheesy overall.
Can't really give a review on the construction show since we saw so little.
Missed the breakdancers and didn't even know that show existed.

Honestly, I'm pleasantly surprised they decided to inject any street entertainment to begin with. All three shows look like they have merit, with Sing It probably being the standout.

Honestly, I'm pleasantly surprised they decided to inject any street entertainment to begin with. All three shows look like they have merit, with Sing It probably being the standout.

Yea, I'm glad they realize they have to do something to divert some attention away from the multitude of walls going up across the park over the next few months.

The show Saturday (the one Andy and all of us saw) was not good. Sounded very "scripted". The performers who were out yesterday were a lot more comfortable and engaged with the crowd better.

I'm glad the streets are getting entertainment, but I'm not just gonna settle for it either. The Food Truck DOES need work, but it can work if they get it together.

The show Saturday (the one Andy and all of us saw) was not good. Sounded very "scripted". The performers who were out yesterday were a lot more comfortable and engaged with the crowd better.

I'm glad the streets are getting entertainment, but I'm not just gonna settle for it either. The Food Truck DOES need work, but it can work if they get it together.

Agreed completely - I can only speak to the clips I saw, which all looked fairly good to very good. Glad the food truck is getting better.