Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion | Page 122 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Tell that to last year's opening weekend crowds.

the crowds might be there but I remember everyone running to find shelter lol. a couple of houses had no line at all when the rain started. I had an umbrella but like I said, the shoes were ruined.

You all seem so blase and disinterested in this years event. I guess their marketing strategy was a complete failure. Too bad. :blank:

You're kind of asking the wrong people. Most of the people here will go no matter what happens.

As someone who has to fly in from out of state and spend a considerable amount of money to come, my attendance is not guaranteed. Thus, my thoughts:

The social media marketing this year was a joke and actively detracted from my excitement. The standard marketing (posters, physical elements) was a step in the right direction. Great commercial. Terrible, terrible website design and rollout.

Yeah the social media this time around absolutely killed hyped. But on the brighter side the media preview was phenomenal. The costumes and props they showed off were just amazing!!! Very very happy

Yeah, I was of course being sarcastic. I can see where there may never be an over the top website again. They are clobbering social media more so these days. I am sure it will be well attended regardless.
Yeah the marketing world is always changing. They don't design websites to make the hard core fans happy they do it to market the event. If something else is working better now days it only makes sense to put the focus there.

OI is backing up the multiple reports we've all heard about Diagon being open
I think I've heard that if you call and ask they are confirming it's open.

I wonder if it not being listed or in other words not being used to "sell" the event is intentional and has something to do with their contract.

Will Diagon being open be really popular with HHN attendees? If so, I would think it might lower the crowds on the street drastically.
HHN attracts a lot of locals who don't otherwise go to Universal. So in their case this will be their first and only chance to experience it.

Reactions: anihilnation
Will Diagon being open be really popular with HHN attendees? If so, I would think it might lower the crowds on the street drastically.
Im going opening night with some family from out of the country, it will be their first time experiencing diagon and ill expect them to spend as much time there as they will in the streets. This is not an isolated case many guests late in the season are one time visitors as well. So yes, diagon will have a big impact on hhn crowds on any night IMO.

Reactions: jaimedanies
I'm not quite sold on Diagon being the great crowd killer most think. Maybe once Hell Week rolls around but really have you've seen the rides have long waits? Nah because people are doing the houses, hanging in zones or drinking. With as high as prices for this event are. You think people will spend 1-3hrs in Diagon. With all that said I'm just glad it's finally announced and over with.

Anything that can hold people is a plus. Even if it draws 1/10th of what it normally does during the day, Diagon being open is a plus for capacity for HHN when the streets are flooded and houses are all close to hour waits.

What are crowds usually like on the first Thursday (September 24th this year)? Light enough that lines won't be too bad without an express pass or an express pass is definitely needed?

What are crowds usually like on the first Thursday (September 24th this year)? Light enough that lines won't be too bad without an express pass or an express pass is definitely needed?

It's getting increasingly difficult to judge which days warrant express passes and which don't. While later dates during HHN are a must for express, as the event has grown in size and attendance, earlier days that were once sure bets to not need express passes are becoming increasingly more crowded. Being a Thursday in September, it's sure to have smaller crowds then later in the run, but I'm personally wary of doing HHN without an express pass anymore unless I plan on going multiple nights.

Basically if u can't get express you have to be at the gates around 5, 5:30 and just wait.
Then houses will have lower lines until around 8 pm.
Some houses open at 6:30 so it is hard to pick which houses. But lines are good from 6 to 8 (except walking dead) walking dead always had a huge line even early.

Just get early and you'll be good