Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 54 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Here's a more normal view of the mural to the left of the temple.

Here's what you'll see as you walk from Camp Jurassic toward Thunder Falls.

The temple looming over Camp Jurassic (this is from the ground).

Mural work moving to the right-hand side.

Paving of the outdoor ride path.

I'm pretty convinced there are steps leading up to the temple. How rugged are these vehicles going to be? Or are they going to put a ramp of some sort in the middle (even though it appears the steps run across the front at the moment)?

What post is this post relative to? Universal confirmed it? They didn't need to as I told you all there would be express a long time ago. Singles remains a mystery to me even though it appears possible.

I would assume so. I don't see any other reason why they would have 3 queue lines.

What post is this post relative to? Universal confirmed it? They didn't need to as I told you all there would be express a long time ago. Singles remains a mystery to me even though it appears possible.

I mean... why would there not be an Express line?

Nothing major has opened at any Florida park this year, which is probably why. It's the year of construction watch. 2016 and 2017 are when we get the goods (not just at Uni, but Disney, Sea World and BGT).

Don't tell that the the Pixie Dusters, they'll take consider anything to be major these day. Some consider the new parking garage to be major.
...i'm sure Epcot & AK got a new food stand too. What more do they need?
The sorry state things get to when you go an entire decade without a new E ticket, and nothing on the horizon either (unless you count Star Wars, likely sometime after 2020).

One year ago (really August 31st, but I missed the anniversary):

That really should be posted to the WDW executives and posted in the break room on the Avatar construction site.

Don't tell that the the Pixie Dusters, they'll take consider anything to be major these day. Some consider the new parking garage to be major.
...i'm sure Epcot & AK got a new food stand too. What more do they need?
The sorry state things get to when you go an entire decade without a new E ticket, and nothing on the horizon either (unless you count Star Wars, likely sometime after 2020).
Star Wars will be here 2020 at the latest... they're shooting for 2019 now though.

That really should be posted to the WDW executives and posted in the break room on the Avatar construction site.

Why does every discussion have to devolve into pot-shots?

Here is Pandora ten months ago vs. today. (No good shots from 12 months ago).

i-L23QbBL-X2.jpg

12032052_1053147911372540_1248566701334582402_n.jpg

BOTH projects having been moving along quite nicely in the last year.

Last edited:
Why does every discussion have to devolve into pot-shots?

Here is Pandora ten months ago vs. today. (No good shots from 12 months ago).

i-L23QbBL-X2.jpg

12032052_1053147911372540_1248566701334582402_n.jpg

BOTH projects having been moving along quite nicely in the last year.
Yep. It just happens that Kong is a singular ride whereas Pandora is multiple rides and an entire land. Quite a bit more extensive in terms of the amount of work needing to be done.

Pandora is going to be jaw dropping impressive. Visually, it's going to blow both Diagon Alley and Carsland out of the water. It will be the new bar in themed entertainment. Real TDS level theming right here in Otown.

This and Vocano Bay are going to make 2017 an impressive year.
Cars Land I can easily believe but man, if it manages to surpass Diagon, then it'll have made the wait fully worth it.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
But when you take the bow off and trow away the nice wrapping paper, what makes you come back is the, well you know, the ride King Kong.

I read this ride could skip the outside part when the weater goes bad. Will that be a track in the building or will part of the exterior be covered?

Looks amazing and can't wait to ride it.. Yet still to me sorely out of place and theme to the surrounding area.. Just wish they could have at least made it more it's own island separate from toon lagoon and JP, at least move the Arch past Thunder Falls and retheme TF to Kong, but that's one persons personal opinion and like I said it looks amazing and I can't wait for my first ride!

Reactions: captainmoch
Was there any talk about moving the Jurassic Park arch way closer in away from Kong? I liked walking in from both sides, really felt immersed into that section of the park. I think its awesome they are adding King Kong back into the parks, but sad a theming element had to be sacrificed.

Was there any talk about moving the Jurassic Park arch way closer in away from Kong? I liked walking in from both sides, really felt immersed into that section of the park. I think its awesome they are adding King Kong back into the parks, but sad a theming element had to be sacrificed.

They should move both of them, as the other one still has Hogwart's in the background as you pass through it

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
I don't want them to remove any of the signs. That's a major part of what makes that part of the park so great. Moving them ok, but not removing them completely.