MSHI Expansion? | Page 35 | Inside Universal Forums

MSHI Expansion?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't see a ToT ride fitting the Avengers or Stark tower storywise. I guess they could create a story where Loki ripped the elevator out of the building while you were on a tour? But considering, IMO, that if they are ever going to do a ToT type ride, it will be for a Ministry of Magic ride, I can't see them doing two within the parks. Unless the first one is just ultra popular and they feel the need to do a second, then maybe. But that still puts it outside the timeframe for an Avengers ride most likely.

I don't see a ToT ride fitting the Avengers or Stark tower storywise. I guess they could create a story where Loki ripped the elevator out of the building while you were on a tour? But considering, IMO, that if they are ever going to do a ToT type ride, it will be for a Ministry of Magic ride, I can't see them doing two within the parks. Unless the first one is just ultra popular and they feel the need to do a second, then maybe. But that still puts it outside the timeframe for an Avengers ride most likely.

I would much rather see a ToT type ride in The Studios themed to Insidious or a horror franchise

And even if they could come up with a theme for it, why? Do we need to create a DHS derivative at Universal?

Will an Avengers ride have screenz?
I would hope for a shooter type ride similar to Men in Black. An upgraded version of the MIB ride system with the rider helping the Avengers fight the Chitauri/Ultrons/etc. All the enemies themselves could be AAs. In terms of making the heroes themselves look good as AAs, I can see them making it part 3D/part real too, so there still would be a few "screenz". That way we don't need to worry about having two coasters/two simulators in the area. The only problem is space. In order to make a decent sized shooter ride, it would probably need to take both Doom, Kingpin Arcade, and Cafe 4.

Just curious, does anyone know around when the rest would probably open just from guesstimating?

It will be kind of jarring if this opens next summer and is set to the films, but the rest of the island isn't. With Kong, Fast and Nintendo most likely taking up the next 3 years of construction, I can't imagine a total land overhaul prior to 2019 right? Just spitballing here.

Just curious, does anyone know around when the rest would probably open just from guesstimating?

It will be kind of jarring if this opens next summer and is set to the films, but the rest of the island isn't. With Kong, Fast and Nintendo most likely taking up the next 3 years of construction, I can't imagine a total land overhaul prior to 2019 right? Just spitballing here.

I would expect scenic work in the land to be constant so that everything is done for when the potential Avengers ride opens.

There will be a LOT more construction around UOR in the next few years.

I would expect scenic work in the land to be constant so that everything is done for when the potential Avengers ride opens.

There will be a LOT more construction around UOR in the next few years.
Yeah, sounds right. And look how quick they did the Springfield work. Except for new? attractions, this could be done in a similar manner.

And even if they could come up with a theme for it, why? Do we need to create a DHS derivative at Universal?
Doesn't need to be a "DHS derivative". It could be a new ride system potentially. But I think there's a place for a good THEMED drop-tower attraction in the same vein as ToT. That doesn't mean it has to be an exact copy and paste, but I do think there's a place for a ride like that.

Please no ToT clone, I hate all those screens ;) :devil:
Make it a Guardian of the Universe: Search For The Cassette Tapes shooter dark ride (on 2 levels). Every time you shoot a tape the sound plays on your ray gun.

The pictures are back on the yellow shards today.
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Did the artwork look all collagey like that previously? I think they look messy and without clarity now.

That said, someone should post those pics on the disney world forum of the magic site to show all the individual Marvel IPs that Universal has under tight contract. HA!

Just call me Cruella...

Did the artwork look all collagey like that previously? I think they look messy and without clarity now.

That said, someone should post those pics on the disney world forum of the magic site to show all the individual Marvel IPs that Universal has under tight contract. HA!

Just call me Cruella...
:bang:But, but , but...Those Disney insiders told me, on Disney oriented internet sites, that Disney was getting Marvel back from Universal. Those are probably fake photos above put up by Disney haters. Hollywood Studios is definitely getting an Avengers, Guardian of the Galaxy & Iron Man attraction. I know that because my stepbrother who's friend is a friend of a friend's bus driver at WDW told him so....:whistle: LOL

Reactions: anihilnation
So if we do get an Avengers ride, would this be for 2019?
If it did indeed come out in 2019, it would be perfect timing to coincide with Avengers Infinity War Part 2, which will possibly be the most epic of the series along with the highest grossing since many actors contracts are supposed to be ending.

I'm just saying how cool it would be. Not trying to go rampant with speculation folks. I'm a good forum poster citizen person.