Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion | Page 154 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Friday night was way less busy than last weekend. Did Lucy stay and scream and did every house and repeated M&M and FvJ. Also saw Carnage and did transformers and mummy and even just watched phychoscreapy zone for about 30 mins. Granted we hit everything at the exact right time. Longest waits were 40 mins for insidious and run. Most everything else we did was 20 or lower.

Also Lucy has been the place to be these first two weekend. NY is too crowded and APH event is a mess. Next friday I'm gunna try Simpsons and try to go through insidious alone like I did halloween last year. I'm hoping I can do insidious twice, shoot to M&M and beat the gates then do FvJ then BC. From then just do whatever is shortest and enjoy the zones. Also next friday I should be wearing my purple maniacs united shirt so I hope to run into some of you guys.

Friday night was way less busy than last weekend.

This is definite. It even felt less crowded than Thursday, particularly before 8:30ish. I stand by my statement, Friday is no longer the peak night it once was (10/30 will be the exception that proves the rule).

Reactions: Clive
Yes and no. There have been a few houses, in the past, with long hallways that inflated as you walked through. Insidious is the first time that hands have been placed inside the inflated wall to feel like you are being touched.

Very freaky effect indeed. Definitely one of the creepiest moments all night. Excited to revisit this house on Sunday!
My understanding was this isn't a bladder wall like your referring to but rather a fabric screen with actors behind it moving their hands along the fabric.

Yeah. The younger crowd gravitates towards the cheap tickets. It was absolutely dead until 9. Only after that did insidious and fvj go to 75 for a short while. I think tonight will be the most dead night of the event since ffpp can't go and unless u have the ap rate for the first 3 Saturdays the tickets that you can pick up at publix for sat are like 75.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Did Unmasking the Horror today. After the typical ops screw-ups this morning, the tour itself was well-worth the money. Great photo ops, really get a feel for how the houses work and how much effort goes into them. Even made TWD kind of interesting, pointed out some Easter eggs I had missed.

I basically walked onto asylum at 8 on thurs., so five minutes could definitely be an accurate wait-esp. during Jack's show. I imagine they updated the wait times during one of the shows for it to be so low.

Reactions: ThemeParks4Life
I didn't check between 10:30 and midnight but tonight was pretty identical to Friday. FVJ reached 90 minutes around 10 PM, Insidious was lower than Froday but still near an hour, and Asylum has been slightly more crowded.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I didn't check between 10:30 and midnight but tonight was pretty identical to Friday. FVJ reached 90 minutes around 10 PM, Insidious was lower than Froday but still near an hour, and Asylum has been slightly more crowded.

Body Collectors almost *always* levels out in the last hour - it was a walk-on by 12:15, so leave it for last. Freddy vs. Jason, meanwhile, seems to keep up long times until the very end. Ditto with Insidious, but it evens out some during Bill & Ted showings.

I don't know if I'm getting old but waiting more than 20 minutes for a house is too much. Just got to the hotel and we are all dead. Did all the houses once, rode mummy, rip ride rocket, Gringotts and ate dinner. We left at 12:15 with closing time at 1am. We had express and did early access. Had a great time but spent over $600 between us 4 on tickets and express.

Btw, too many chainsaws this year. The walking dead speakers out in the line are annoying, blasting sounds into your ear.

Was expecting the Carnival of Carnage show to be more extreme. And not gore wise but swearing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Clive
I explained it in my review. They are cut in half pool noodles on a rotating motor. It's really simple yet really effective.

Thanks, yes, this is what I am talking about and earlier was just wonder if it had been done before for it is so brilliant (in my opinion) and such a great effect. Interesting (to me) that my wife mentioned pool noodles to me as I would not have guessed that but she somehow picked up on that.

Thanks again!

Went Friday and Saturday. Did 7 Houses Friday and Bill and Ted's .Was anyone else expecting Bruce, Caitlyn Jenner jokes (I did not catch any )
APH hour helped with first 3 houses .Walking Dead house was the worst house ,But on the way in noticed several "Walkers" appeared to be missing limbs .Did not seem to be hidden under clothing .Is Universal hiring amputees to be these scareactors ? Came back Saturday to do Jack and American Werewolf .Almost dumped Fiance on ground in the exit of Jack's house(transfer chair), the grass and sidewalks in front of band stage are not flat and have potholes .The dark did not help.She choose not to do werewolf (same exit). I enjoyed Freddy vs Jason .All the Jason's were over 6ft .

I did the unmasking the horror tour and the tour guide told us that universal takes pride in using amputees for scare actors as it adds a realism. Apparently they have a chap called Damien with no legs that has become quite a local celebrity because of his performances in recent years.

Reactions: anihilnation
So from looking at times and feedback from the event it seems like a good plan is:
1. Lucy S&S
2. FvJ- hoping to be one of the first right through.
3. Body collectors.
4. Run -to get it out of the way while it is still a walk in
5. The purge
6. TWD - Both of these if you can blow through them to get them out of the way when wait times are still 15 minutes.
7. Asylum- if the wait is still 30 or less
8. AWIL- since this would be getting into the crowded part of the night and it never gets too bad.
9. M&M - If it looks like the times are taking a mid night dip around 10-10:30
10: D0 scare zones, rides, shows
11. Insidious -before park close as times never let up.

I would be doing this on a moderate night hopefully Thursday without express. The plan would prob go to poop pretty fast if I can't get through the first 6 houses in that order before the peak wait times build. AWIL and M&M seem the most even throughout the night for waiting at peak time if I have to. Or I could take a break and do them later if they are still too long. Not interested in B&T but might catch it with a short wait and prob will catch carnage.

Reactions: ThemeParks4Life
So, admittedly, I only attended Cast Preview, but I have neither the money or care to return. Jack's show, Body Collectors, Freddy/Jason, Walking Dead, Asylum in Wonderland, The Purge, American Werewolf, Etc.... This year's theme should have been Cannibalism because they literally just cannibalized every thing they could from 2007 on. I get reusing props and sets and having throwbacks, not to mention its practicality, but when the ENTIRE event is a rehash? I'm sure they are saving money for something big and exciting, but it resulted in this year being one big yawn. I can say the Scaractors were on point, and Run was pretty hilarious (looking at you, Canada). I didn't have time for Bill and Ted, but that show is pretty much the epitome of what was wrong with the whole 2015 event. Do something fresh. I know there will be varying opinions, and I respect that (and am not looking to quarrel). But for me, this year was a miss.

That Dufftoberfest, though...

So from looking at times and feedback from the event it seems like a good plan is:
1. Lucy S&S
3. Body collectors.
5. The purge
6. TWD - Both of these if you can blow through them to get them out of the way when wait times are still 15 minutes.
8. AWIL- since this would be getting into the crowded part of the night and it never gets too bad.

I would be doing this on a moderate night hopefully Thursday without express. The plan would prob go to poop pretty fast if I can't get through the first 6 houses in that order before the peak wait times build. AWIL and M&M seem the most even throughout the night for waiting at peak time if I have to. Or I could take a break and do them later if they are still too long. Not interested in B&T but might catch it with a short wait and prob will catch carnage.
That's a pretty solid plan if you want to stay near closing.

1. Lucy S&S
3. Body collectors.
5. The purge

If you want to do FvJ first why not do new York stay and scream? Lucy gets let out slightly after new York so you will be behind everyone from there. What I did friday was Lucy M&M, FvJ, BC, WD, Purge, Insidious, 8.45 carnage, run, asylum, wolf, M&M, FvJ. There were some rides and standing around mixed in. WD, purge, and Asylum are all very oscillatory with their times. Seems to coincide with Carnage shows finishing, especially Asylum. Can shoot up 30 mins right after a Carnage show.