Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion | Page 157 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
How have the lines for Gringotts been throughout the nights?

I nearly walked on single rider this past Sunday, line was 10 min. Lobby was empty but the pre-boarding queue was full. I'd say it was definitely 10 min, although you of course have to account for the pre-shows and elevator sequences. (unless, again, you SR)

Diagon was wonderfully sparse. Of course there were no shows, and I don't think Ollivanders was open but all of the stores and food parlors were open with little to no queues. People were happily waving their interactive wands. Knockturn Alley was particularly effective at night, and the whole area had a nice, spooky, quiet vibe. I was in there (aside from Gringotts) for about ten min but I don't remember how loud the area loop music was playing... yet from I remember it was all very soft.

I was so glad because it gave me a chance in just two days to experience DA in so many different forms.

Which holding area do you guys think is the best and why? I'm going to have express when I go but I want to be able to do houses multiple times just in case I don't get a good run. So I want to try to get through as many houses as I can at first without express so I can use it later on.

Diagon was wonderfully sparse. Of course there were no shows, and I don't think Ollivanders was open but all of the stores and food parlors were open with little to no queues.

Beedle the Bard shows, at least, took place Thursday night. And Olivanders open (in fact, saw a unique two-customer show--not sure if scripted or improvised) on Sunday night.

Which holding area do you guys think is the best and why? I'm going to have express when I go but I want to be able to do houses multiple times just in case I don't get a good run. So I want to try to get through as many houses as I can at first without express so I can use it later on.

I lean toward Finns just because it gives you a decent shot at four of the top five houses by 7:00, and because those houses work better for daylight runs than Insidious.

That Duff-toberfest tho ...

I saw that the price of the HHN Express Passes went up from $69.99 to $79.99 for tomorrow (Thursday 10/1) night. Do prices always go up as it gets closer to the event night or did they go up because Uni expects tomorrow night to be busier than originally anticipated? I was thinking tomorrow night would not be very busy. I guess I should have pulled the trigger and bought them earlier.

I saw that the price of the HHN Express Passes went up from $69.99 to $79.99 for tomorrow (Thursday 10/1) night. Do prices always go up as it gets closer to the event night or did they go up because Uni expects tomorrow night to be busier than originally anticipated? I was thinking tomorrow night would not be very busy. I guess I should have pulled the trigger and bought them earlier.

Because they are selling quickly. Most likely means a busy night tomorrow, but maybe just means more FFP/ROFers are reading about the lines and deciding to jump on Express.

We used express all last weekend and we waited about 5-10 mins for each house. It makes a huge difference if its in the budget. If not, I will say towards the end of the night, the house times really dropped. I think the extra hour makes a big difference.

could Gringotts be empty just because a lot of people don't know it is open? (After all it was never advertised it would be opened)

I do remember passing by that area and there was a group of about 10 people and one of them kept telling everyone else to go check Diagon and everyone else said it was closed. (They eventually went in I think)

But then also, some family from out of town came to HHN and they had no idea it was opened until I mentioned it to them.

if it was announced on the website, do you think more people would go in there? Because, besides seeing people going into that area, there is no way to tell it is actually open

If you go into the HHN section of the UO app and click the Rides tab, Gringotts isn't there. I wonder if the lack of advertising is related to a last minute decision to have it open, or a stipulation by WB or Rowling that it could be open but not advertised as part of the event.

It doesn't help that it also has incredibly low visibility. Plus with 9 houses now, the rides could just not be as much of a priority during HHN hours. Even Transformers was running at a 5 minute wait and even that I have never seen.

Reactions: Cole
It's on the park map. It seems that they can outwardly advertise it but its there if someone cares enough to look at the event guide.

I wonder if the lack of advertising is related to a last minute decision to have it open
It wasn't a last minute decision, it was planned months in advance to be open. My guess is they aren't advertising it as part of the event. It's listed on the map and in the app so people know where it is but it's not in any of the advertising.

Pardon me if this has been answered. As this is going to be my first HHN trip. But the ticketing options are a little confusing to me. So I bought a 2 day park-to-park ticket with the HHN add on and 1 day GA HHN ticket.. does this qualify me for stay and scream? Or is stay and scream a specific pass?

Pardon me if this has been answered. As this is going to be my first HHN trip. But the ticketing options are a little confusing to me. So I bought a 2 day park-to-park ticket with the HHN add on and 1 day GA HHN ticket.. does this qualify me for stay and scream? Or is stay and scream a specific pass?

I'm pretty sure as long as you have a ticket for the park during the day, you have access to Stay and Scream