Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb | Page 19 | Inside Universal Forums

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I got word today from the oddest source in ohio that the entire track is going. This is going to look bizarre for a while. I won't be returning until it is running and making the same noise again. It completed the park soundtrack of adventure and energy.

Reactions: Stitchie
With the amount of work, it could be tight getting this done by Spring Break. That's when I'd assume they want it done by

I left Universal Monday and on I-75 saw 2 tractor trailers with
coaster track, I did not think it was for the hulk. It was purple
track with green trim. Now I am thinking it may well have been for the hulk.

Reactions: devinp267
I left Universal Monday and on I-75 saw 2 tractor trailers with
coaster track, I did not think it was for the hulk. It was purple
track with green trim. Now I am thinking it may well have been for the hulk.
It has to be!! I would second guess if it were just purple because that could be for mako at seaworld. But the green gives it away and that would mean the whole thing is going although now till June does not seem like enough time.

I got word today from the oddest source in ohio that the entire track is going. This is going to look bizarre for a while. I won't be returning until it is running and making the same noise again. It completed the park soundtrack of adventure and energy.

This is more a surprising move to me, wonder if they have some major changes for the track layout itself and not just the replacement.

But..the thought occurs..wasn't this said a few months back?

Last edited:
WOW...so they are rebuilding the entire coaster? I'm seriously impressed. Unless there was some safety concern that we are not aware of, this seems to be entirely un necessary.

WOW...so they are rebuilding the entire coaster? I'm seriously impressed. Unless there was some safety concern that we are not aware of, this seems to be entirely un necessary.
Hulk is the strongest one there is. No amount of maintenance can prevent the wear & tear of 16 years on a track.

With the amount of work, it could be tight getting this done by Spring Break. That's when I'd assume they want it done by
Memorial Day, not Spring Break. They want it up when Kong opens so the front of the park isn't a construction zone.

Reactions: Jon84
I'd bet Hulk's reopening will attract crowds like it was a new attraction. That should be a strong 1-2 punch with Kong/Hulk for IOA summer 2016 attendance. Imagine the marketing billboards with Kong & Hulk next to each other.

It'd be a lot better than the current WDW marketing billboards that's for sure..

Reactions: Jon84
so has there been any real news on exactly what they are doing?
New Layout (I hope not)
New Audio/Video systems inside the trains?
New type of harness?
Faster Launch?
Disco Hulk?

Regarding the track color, the Mako concept art seems to show purple and green track. I'm too lazy to go get it and post it here, but it sounds like the track that was spotted on a truck was more likely for that. I agree that we'll either see the same green color scheme, or green and black.

I wish there was a way to make more of an indoor portion, especially at the end when you're going back into loading. That'd be a good spot to get some additional theming or story, kinda like the end of Mine Train with The Silly Song dancing scene.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
So with that being said lol...if this guy who said he seen track with purple mostly with green trim on i-75 is accurate..then that's for hulk folks. No other current coaster project in Florida has the same color scheme right now.