Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

It's not out of the field of possibility..the only problem is that i'm wondering how big are the batteries for Trackless systems? As that'd be a good deciding point on if it could work.

They are relatively light which is unheard of in a battery. Size? Ehhh... it appears they might be kind of larger but maybe not. I'm not sure. They recharge with lighting strike speed. Problem is, they lose their charge with yawn speed so circuitry must keep switching over to to the next battery in line. It is all so fascinating. I had never heard of it.

I'm thinking something like seaworlds trackless ride. Obliviously better. Get in the car, select your characters, go into a screen, switch from screen to screen, then four cars line up and race for 1 min or less. Each car then has its own drop off area/station.

I'm thinking something like seaworlds trackless ride. Obliviously better. Get in the car, select your characters, go into a screen, switch from screen to screen, then four cars line up and race for 1 min or less. Each car then has its own drop off area/station.

If anything; i'm expecting the ride to have ride cars not LIKE this but more in the style of Verbolten where there are certain things about each car that comes within it a special ability (Mario could be the fire-flower, Luigi could actually be the ghost sucker, Peach would make the cars that come to contact blind, E.T.C)

I'm thinking Mario Kart may very well be Simpsons / BTTF 2.0.. Uni loves screens and simulators.. Just like Banshee is same as Soarin over at that other park... Instead of getting in a roller coaster car ala Simpsons picture getting into a Mario Kart ans staring at a huge IMAX type screen.. I hope I'm wrong but that's what I get from Disneyheads pic.. It's a pic of a driving simulator I think

I'm thinking Mario Kart may very well be Simpsons / BTTF 2.0.. Uni loves screens and simulators.. Just like Banshee is same as Soarin over at that other park... Instead of getting in a roller coaster car ala Simpsons picture getting into a Mario Kart ans staring at a huge IMAX type screen.. I hope I'm wrong but that's what I get from Disneyheads pic.. It's a pic of a driving simulator I think

...Did you see the posts from the gent of JS and Teebs? Its not going to be a Simpsons/BTTF 2.0. as to be on point..thats not how you do Nintendo for this case.

Last edited:
...Did you see the posts from the gent of JS and Teebs? Its not going to be a Simpsons/BTTF 2.0. as to be on point..thats not how you do Nintendo for this case.
I saw their posts, and I hope it only being a simulator isn't the case.. I'm just trying to decipher Disneyheads photo of a driving simulator, hopefully it's along the lines of TSMM and at least a "moving" simulator

I saw their posts, and I hope it only being a simulator isn't the case.. I'm just trying to decipher Disneyheads photo of a driving simulator, hopefully it's along the lines of TSMM and at least a "moving" simulator
I think @Disneyhead was insinuating that there will be an on-screen overlay within the car. The screen will handle some effects, present race/car information and have some guest interactivity, and it'll 'blend' with actual race sets and cars around the attraction.

At least that is how I interpreted that image, but I probably haven't described it very well :doh:

Aren't cities these days building wireless charging into roads (I believe I had heard London has done this). I'm just trying to point out that it is possible to charge a battery along an entire ride path.

I think I brought up trackless once before and I was told the vehicles would have to move slow, would it be possible for it to be trackless for a portion and then line up into a track for some sort of grande race as the last portion?

I have no knowledge on any of this, just asking questions.

Mario Kart games are fast paced, sometimes riding upside down, sometimes flying trough the sky, games. The only way to put you in that game is make it screens/simulater. I see this ride in my mind (leaving a lot of space for a Donky Kong coaster and a dark ride).
A group of 8 cart drivers get into a room that is a Mario Kart garage. In the pre-show room you decked out your cart with weapons. You take your seat in the cart like vehicle and it becomes dark while you hear the roar of the motors. During that time you are moved up in a 360 projection dome for each cart. You see the other carts real time as digital carts and their drivers have changed into Nintendo characters. The track is amazing and random! Of course the projection is 8K lazer and speed, wapons and everything has impact on your ride. You can spin around and fly. The end takes you back to the garage. You will get the winner but you can also see if you did beat your time on that track from the last time. At home you even can view a replay of that course. Later Nintendo will bring those tracks to their new console for you to practice at home. Guest waiting can follow the races of screens.
The footprint for this ride could be very small with a 5 story building you can have easily a lot of carts going on at the same time.

Aren't cities these days building wireless charging into roads (I believe I had heard London has done this). .

There has been a trial touted, I don't know if it happened in London or not.

There was one else where in the UK. The Bus Charges at it's terminal stops.

I think @Disneyhead was insinuating that there will be an on-screen overlay within the car. The screen will handle some effects, present race/car information and have some guest interactivity, and it'll 'blend' with actual race sets and cars around the attraction.

At least that is how I interpreted that image, but I probably haven't described it very well :doh:
This.

People can correct me here but...if this is the case; does this mean the ride vehicle will have on-board Musion? As if that's the case..holy crap.

For people thinking this will be some super general dome simulator, think of this:

Is that REALLY something you think would impress Nintendo, a notoriously hard company to convince to work with you, so much that they would sign on with you?

Exactly! Knowing how hard to please Nintendo is, I already know this will be beyond awesome.
I think that what they'll do for Mario Kart might be similar to what I have in my head, lol, who knows, maybe people will get off this and wonder why F&F could not be more like this :)

Adding to the discussion at hand, Nintendo is most certainly a company that keeps their IP's very close to their chest. I would argue they keep it closer then JK Rowling does with Potter.

Due to that fact alone, that's why I'm incredibly excited about all of this. Nintendo wouldn't stand for something like Pandora where the theming will be impressive but the rides themselves will play second fiddle to it. (Nor would they stand for the big headlining attraction being a 2.0 version of an' attraction that already exists.) We're going to be seeing exciting new things, heck just the stuff we're hearing about Mario Kart proves that.

Adding to the discussion at hand, Nintendo is most certainly a company that keeps their IP's very close to their chest. I would argue they keep it closer then JK Rowling does with Potter.

Due to that fact alone, that's why I'm incredibly excited about all of this. Nintendo wouldn't stand for something like Pandora where the theming will be impressive but the rides themselves will play second fiddle to it. (Nor would they stand for the big headlining attraction being a 2.0 version of an' attraction that already exists.) We're going to be seeing exciting new things, heck just the stuff we're hearing about Mario Kart proves that.
Probably also why Jungle Skip mentioned this will be dense, because Nintendo does not want want a land that looks nice, they want high quality immersive experiences. Also, Nintendo likes new stuff, they like going in new directions.

I think we have a winner :clap:

Wow... that sounds amazing. In fact, I think my theory sounds more likely now.

The four cars board at the same station and are dispatched at the same time. I imagine there could be a beginning half where the karts are automatically guided into the Mushroom Kingdom, and a Mario AA greets them. He could bring them to a Mario Kart training course, with small sections where the driver(s) can test driving and the item handlers can practice shooting items. Then he guides you to the stadium, where other Mario characters greet you and you can join their "team". For example, you can join "Team Mario" and a little M symbol appears on your kart, or "Team Bowser" and a little Bowser symbol appears on your kart. Then, you reach the point where the big race begins. Mario reminds you to get ready, and then Latiku (the cloud guy who starts races in Mario Kart games) counts off the race. The race probably wouldn't go any faster then the Tomorrowland Speedway, and would take place in a Mario Circuit-esque course. Rather it is inside our outside, I don't know. After the race, you see a Mario AA congratulating all the racers, and he presents a trophy with the winner's emblem to the winner. Then you move on to unboarding, and the gift shop after the ride features Mario Kart merch, including real versions of the trophies you win in the ride, and a "highlight reel" of your real life Mario Kart race, which is filmed by cameras out on the racetrack.