NBA City Closed | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

NBA City Closed

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, putting my flag down that NBA City is going to become a Max Brenner Chocolate Bar and Restaurant.

A Place Like No Other | Chocolate Dessert Bar | Max Brenner

There's only 5 locations in the US, and they're all in the Northeast, making it a fairly exclusive draw for the area. It fits with what I heard about the place having a chocolate focus, and would be a big draw. Everyone loves chocolate. It hit me after reading Orlando Informer's post on the replacement.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
Did you look at the menu? They're not really similar at all.

I wasn't referring to the Max Brenner concept. I hope it is something like that; more unique. I've been there before anyway so I'm familiar with the concept. ;)

I was just saying in general, I don't want it to be just a Melting Pot because everyone is saying there is a chocolate focus. Sorry for the confusion.

Reactions: JungleSkip
So, putting my flag down that NBA City is going to become a Max Brenner Chocolate Bar and Restaurant.

There's only 5 locations in the US, and they're all in the Northeast, making it a fairly exclusive draw for the area. It fits with what I heard about the place having a chocolate focus, and would be a big draw. Everyone loves chocolate. It hit me after reading Orlando Informer's post on the replacement.
Everyone does not like chocolate. I think it is utterly disgusting lol. I know what you meant though.

Orlando Informer says the inside will stay the same layout except adding an upscale theme, with a color scheme of white with black and the addition of a grand staircase. They also mention chocolate fondue.

I'm in for a Max Brenner Chocolate Bar & Restaurant. The menu looks pretty good (and I'm not a chocolate fan).

Makes sense to me. Comcast has headquarters in Philly and there is a very popular location in the city. I can see it happening. Similar to Cowfish, where they take a relative unknown from another area and bring them in.

Just because it may use Steampunk doesn't mean it's the same concept. The Edison and Max Brenner's are completely different ideas.
I am aware of what they will/could be. That is why I put the quantifier at the end of my post. With the convention crowd, The Edison will be popular. With the tourist crowd, I think the chocolate factory would be quite popular.

Reactions: Macfr3ak
With the tourist crowd, I think the chocolate factory would be quite popular.
Well I mean they could bring in ChurroMania to build the World's Largest churro bakery and it would be a rousing success with the tourist crowd.

It doesn't take much with tourists. Universal wants to keep the place classy though, so a huge ChurroMania probably isn't the best idea for their image...

A smaller ChurroMania replacing one of the smaller venues in CW would be more than welcome, though! Just like how they brought in Auntie Anne's.

I'm actually pretty excited about whatever they're making here, given the current rumors. Hoping for that steampunk meets classy theming.

Reactions: Nick
Status
Not open for further replies.