What Games Are You Playing? | Page 63 | Inside Universal Forums

What Games Are You Playing?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
ok don't flame me but I only have a wii and haven't gamed in years . I'm thinking of starting back up but know nothing of present day consoles what is the better choice in consoles today if your into graphics single person and online gaming ot should I wait till the next gen units come out ? but if waiting till the next gen is best when will that be?

ok don't flame me but I only have a wii and haven't gamed in years . I'm thinking of starting back up but know nothing of present day consoles what is the better choice in consoles today if your into graphics single person and online gaming ot should I wait till the next gen units come out ? but if waiting till the next gen is best when will that be?
It's too early to say what will be the better choice long term. For exclusives XB1 is better at the moment, both consoles look to have good slates next year. Hardware wise PS4 is better but if you're that concerned about graphics just play on PC. Both consoles suffer from framerate drops and sub-1080p often. For some it isn't an issue, others it is. We're probably a solid 3-4 years away from the next generation (excluding NX but who knows if it'll be another Wii U).

Playstation and Xbox have the better hardware, Wii U is on its last leg but is a great console. Possibly next year the NX will be released, from what I heard though NX is a platform rather than just a single device, as such it will be a new handheld to replace the 3DS and a new console to replace the Wii U. The handheld and the console will be able to be combined as well, so the handheld will be able to function as a controller.
A Wii U bundle can be bought for $300, Xbox and PS I think are at $350. And of course, there is always PC gaming as well which always offers a superior quality to anything a console can offer :) Steam machines should be released soon which are PC's specific for gaming which come with their own operating system. Not sure if they can play any game available on steam though.

Reactions: wreck
I've been playing Destiny: The Taken King. I've been playing Destiny since the alpha and I've loved it. Bungie has made a lot of changes to the game, great changes that make the experience simpler and more fun. The new raid is just incredible. Subclasses, exotic weapons and armor are so much fun to use. If you gave up on this game, I highly recommend giving it another try. TTK has added so much and it has evolved the game into something special. It still has its flaws, but they're relatively minor when compared to the problems the original game had. I love this expansion and can't wait for the heroic raid so I can send Oryx's body floating into space.

Reactions: youhow2
I've been playing Destiny: The Taken King. I've been playing Destiny since the alpha and I've loved it. Bungie has made a lot of changes to the game, great changes that make the experience simpler and more fun. The new raid is just incredible. Subclasses, exotic weapons and armor are so much fun to use. If you gave up on this game, I highly recommend giving it another try. TTK has added so much and it has evolved the game into something special. It still has its flaws, but they're relatively minor when compared to the problems the original game had. I love this expansion and can't wait for the heroic raid so I can send Oryx's body floating into space.
I need to get back on Destiny, but Halo 5 is imminent.

I played in on the XB One. Graphics were really good, and the mechanics were pretty fun. Not sure about balance though, that Hoth map was pretty one-sided.

Reactions: anihilnation
I played the beta for about half an hour and never went back. Wasn't bad, just incredible average. The maps are too big and the Empire has a giant advantage on the Hoth map.

Big thanks TP4L and Ani

I have been out for so long I feel like such a noob and have no clue from what any of you guys in this whole thread are talking about!!! SO I'm going back to lurking and research till I figure out what the heck direction I'm going . It's so bad it took me a while to figure out what XB1 was lol and I had to look up NX (I figured it was a console) and forget Steam machines I had no idea.

thanks all

I played the beta for about half an hour and never went back. Wasn't bad, just incredible average. The maps are too big and the Empire has a giant advantage on the Hoth map.
Yeah they have some work to do. Hard to tell if it was just the Hoth map, or the entire mode that needs some work.

I really enjoyed the beta though. Good fun, plus the audio and soundtrack were incredible.

Big thanks TP4L and Ani

I have been out for so long I feel like such a noob and have no clue from what any of you guys in this whole thread are talking about!!! SO I'm going back to lurking and research till I figure out what the heck direction I'm going . It's so bad it took me a while to figure out what XB1 was lol and I had to look up NX (I figured it was a console) and forget Steam machines I had no idea.

thanks all

Steam is a great service, they tend to have a lot of sales as well, so often you can get games really cheap. Of course Steam is download only.

Halo 5 and MKX on XB1...

But mostly I'm playing destiny on PS4. Halo 5 is a huge disappointment to me. It looks like Call of duty and they changed a bunch of the mechanics that made me love the game in the first place. They *Slightly* redeemed themselves by adding Big Team Battle, but the maps look atrocious, and no independent Big Team Slayer mode. The forge also needs to make a return soon, custom games aren't the same without it.

To keep my crap over the course of Thanksgiving..I've been intrigued by a small title called "Indivisble" that's been on Indie Gogo for a while. And today, I got the free Prototype so maybe..just MAYBE I will have something to keep me from losing my cool this thanksgiving.