Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon | Page 16 | Inside Universal Forums

Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well, aside from sims, uni is building a high tech roller coaster and a state of the art water park. I'm going out on a limb here, but I don't believe they will be using simulated water.

What coaster? Did I miss something? Or having a blonde moment? Lol

I really wish that Universal brings something like Space Fantasy to Orlando someday. It looks SO GOOD and it would be something completely different form everything that they have in the resort.

This one I will gets my blessing. Space Fantasy is very cool. It, Spaghetti Space Chase and the Tram Tour are pretty much the only, truly unique, worthwhile reasons to leave Orlando.

TDL's Winnie the Pooh still feels state of the art to me also

Oh ya, there are a good handful that qualify in my opinion. I was just going straight for the money with Mystic Manor.

There is some real upcoming potential between Kong, SDL and Tokyo's expansion.

I like you too. We need to hang again sometime soon. It's been far too lang. Both of us have too much on our plates.

Yes, I would like that. Now finding time is always the issue :) I need more adult time though, these kids are killing me lol

And while Hulk is a lot of work, in the end it will be the same coaster with a new track, cool queue, and cool lighting effect. That would be like me saying thunder was a new coaster after the refurb, which it was not. I think it is a bit of a stretch.

Last edited:
Clearly, it seems like most people are absolutely thrilled that Twister is leaving. I don't know why, but I've always loved Twister and will be sad to see it go. It always seemed like the most intimate place in a park of thousands. I loved being able to escape the crowds and experience classic movie making alongside a group of a couple dozen at most. Everything seemed real. There is a tangibility amongst Twister's set that you lose in exchange for the grandeur you see with screens.

Heck, that's probably what I loved most about Twister. There was no grandeur. It was a small little surprise nestled amongst the "big city."

Here's to Universal building more small experiences, nooks, crannies, and places to get away while still in the magic.

I'm not excited for this as much as say Hulk or F&F, but I still think this will a successful attraction. I wish it was like Star Tours in the sense that their could be a dozen different races through New York with different celebrities each time. I don't believe that is the case however.

Yes, I would like that. Now finding time is always the issue :) I need more adult time though, these kids are killing me lol

And while Hulk is a lot of work, in the end it will be the same coaster with a new track, cool queue, and cool lighting effect. That would be like me saying thunder was a new coaster after the refurb, which it was not. I think it is a bit of a stretch.
I think you may be underestimating the changes happening here. This will be the only 7 looping coaster on the planet with no over the shoulder restraints. Combine that with on board audio and a potter level queue.

From 50 yards away, it may appear like the same coaster. The ride experience will be significantly different.

Thunder was some minor plussing with some interactive elements in the same ol' queue.

I think you may be underestimating the changes happening here. This will be the only 7 looping coaster on the planet with no over the shoulder restraints. Combine that with on board audio and a potter level queue.

From 50 yards away, it may appear like the same coaster. The ride experience will be significantly different.

Thunder was some minor plussing with some interactive elements in the same ol' queue.
Will there be shoulder collars like Tempesto at BGW or are they going all in on nothing over the shoulder?

Will there be shoulder collars like Tempesto at BGW or are they going all in on nothing over the shoulder?
From what I'm hearing
VA-Buschgarden-appolo'schariot-XL.JPG

What kind of merchandise should we expect? Tonight Show or NBC in general?
The store in NY is general NBC merch. There was a noticeable amount of Community merch more than anything. There was a decent amount of Tonight Show stuff too.

Reactions: DK745
Was funny to hear some people at work tonight talking excitedly about this that are not theme park nuts like we are.."did u hear Universal is building a new Jimmy Fallon ride? I hear it's gonna be sort of like Ellen's ride at Epcot" :shrug:
Those that are so worried about Fallon being "disfigured" or involved in some scandal need not worry.. Would be an easy transition, couple new film shoots and it's now "race through NY starring Seth Meyers"

Reactions: Teebin