Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

SeaWorld Future Attractions?

The new dolphin place was already going to be a Discovery Cove like experience and the new gate structure has been in the plans for years. They have just been waiting for money to open up in the company budget to fund a new entrance area for the SeaWorld park itself, which will look very similar to the Explorer's Reef at San Diego. The idea is that you buy your tickets in the same place outside the complex gates. Then, once you've gone under the main complex gates, you have the option of going straight to the Aquatica gate, or left or right to the SeaWorld gates (the left one is Dolphin Point and the shark area while the right one is everything else).

I would like to see Sea World do a "land" with pre-historic sea animals.
In a Jurassic World way you could see pre-historic animals that are still here but also the more amazing ones brought trough life with sceens. It could be a dark ride style 3D ride trough huge (digital) aquariums. It could be both educational and scarry.

In a Jurassic World way you could see pre-historic animals that are still here but also the more amazing ones brought trough life with sceens. It could be a dark ride style 3D ride trough huge (digital) aquariums. It could be both educational and scarry.
I really like this idea. It'd be nice to see them do a Spider-Man type ride like they did at BGW with Darkastle. Something like that could really bring Sea World into the playing field again. That and a hotel or 2 and transportation links between the 3 parks.

Cool! I thought of something similar, a deep sea excursion where one encounters life below the phototonic zone.

I really like this idea. It'd be nice to see them do a Spider-Man type ride like they did at BGW with Darkastle. Something like that could really bring Sea World into the playing field again. That and a hotel or 2 and transportation links between the 3 parks.
They do have free transportation to BGT, I use it all the time.

Yeah I know that I work main entrance at BGT I mean a system similar to Disney where busses go from the resort (if they built it) to the 3 Orlando parks (SWO, Aquatica, DC)

They have something like that I think, I know I have seen Seaworld resort buses, though of courses the resorts do not belong to them. There is also a free shuttle that runs between Aquatica and Seaworld. It probbaly could be run better though. I take public transportation, and so often I am sitting at Universal Orlando and amazed at the frequency with which the buses to Cabana Bay come.

Anyway, I think what Seaworld should do is create a whole new parking structure, a multi-level structure, build it on the ground south of Aquatica (I am pretty sure the vacant land is their property), use this as the parking for all the parks, and allow the old parking space of aquatica and seaworld to be used for expansion of the parks. Build a pedestrian bridge across I-drive to go from the parking structure to a newly created entrance somewhere for seaworld. --- Of course, chances of this happening are close to zero probably lol

They have something like that I think, I know I have seen Seaworld resort buses, though of courses the resorts do not belong to them. There is also a free shuttle that runs between Aquatica and Seaworld. It probbaly could be run better though. I take public transportation, and so often I am sitting at Universal Orlando and amazed at the frequency with which the buses to Cabana Bay come.

Anyway, I think what Seaworld should do is create a whole new parking structure, a multi-level structure, build it on the ground south of Aquatica (I am pretty sure the vacant land is their property), use this as the parking for all the parks, and allow the old parking space of aquatica and seaworld to be used for expansion of the parks. Build a pedestrian bridge across I-drive to go from the parking structure to a newly created entrance somewhere for seaworld. --- Of course, chances of this happening are close to zero probably lol
Lol with the budget cuts were seeing lately yeah 0 chance but we can dream right? Lol

Is there a chance Sea World keeps Antarctica anattraction more than 10 years? What do you all think?
I would guess they would, even though us theme parks fans don't love it as well as most of the public it does make them seem more on par with the other local parks.

Anyways, first they need to build up the rest of the park before worrying about that beautiful area.

I would guess they would, even though us theme parks fans don't love it as well as most of the public it does make them seem more on par with the other local parks.

Anyways, first they need to build up the rest of the park before worrying about that beautiful area.
I was at Sea World the other day and noticed how long the line was. People seem to not embrace Antarctica. Regardless of the ride, I've never seen so many families leave an attraction so in tuned with the offerings. One could spend a good hour in that area alone doing the ride, penguin encounter,lunch and the store. I wish they had another ride since it's "Antartica " but I love the area. People are critical of it. Just curious how others felt at this point

Yep, the next refurbishment this Spring will include building a bypass of the ride.
Think they are working on it already, Antarctica has been closed the last couple of times I went. The smoke effect has not been working in ages either. The saddest thing about the ride though is when you enter the third scene (first videoscreen), so barebones, all the 'magic' from the first two scenes is destroyed. The Antarctica land was supposed to have fresh snow tumbling down every day as well, that did not last either, it was nice though, they had it on opening day.

From what I gather about the new dark ride they plan to do, I think it might be Seaworld's Kong 360, a slow jeepride showing how rescue work happens. Anyway, Seaworld's biggest problem is not just a limited budget to make dark rides, but their dreadful lack of upkeep. Look at Journey to Atlantis, great ride but in a terrible condition; so if they make this new dark ride, it will probably suffer the same fate, will be nice for a few months, then stuff will break down and not get fixed.

Yep, the next refurbishment this Spring will include building a bypass of the ride.

This is a good idea. Many times my daughter just wanted to see the Penguins but I have no desire to wait in a 45 minute line. So having a bypass has probably been a request of a lot of guests.

BTW, Antarctic has been open when I have gone and it was open yesterday for sure since my SIL & BIL went on it.

BTW, Antarctic has been open when I have gone and it was open yesterday for sure since my SIL & BIL went on it.

I think they have been keeping it closed during the week but open during the weekend. I went twice in the week before last and both times it was closed. Ironically, it was never mentioned on the website it was closed, just at the front of the park there was a sign saying the attraction was closed but the exhibit open. Anyway, I agree, bypass would be great. If the new dark ride replaces Wild Arctic, I hope they'll have a bypass there as well.

How would the Bypass work?
I was looking for permits to answer that question but could not find any. I would assume it would work like the Wild Arctic's walking expedition where at the entrance to the ride you choose between the ride or bypassing it. There is probably some employee hall way they are repurposing for this.

Technically there already is a bypass, when you enter the interior queue after the hall with the video, then somewhere to the left there is a door to go straight to the exhibit.
Okay. Sounds like an easy fix for sea world. We wanted to see the penguins but didn't want to wait 55 mimutes for Antarctica much like everyone else.