SeaWorld Orlando's Future Plans | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

SeaWorld Orlando's Future Plans

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So excited by the fact Seaworld have a CEO who acknowledges the investment required!

So, a major ride in 2018? Let's not forget Busch haven't had a major coaster in a few years, so they will be due one. With this in mind I would love to see a none-coaster as the major attraction at Seaworld...but what is realistically in their budget?

Maybe they'll finally give Gwazi the RMC treatment. That would be nice to see.

Maybe they'll finally give Gwazi the RMC treatment. That would be nice to see.
Does anyone know anything about Gwazi? My supervisors and coworkers make it sound like they haven't come up with a plan for it yet. But you know that's like the old "A Disney bus driver told my friend..."

Yeah, with Gwazi you have to look at it this way. At this point it's probably cheaper to demolish it and build a new coaster from scratch, rather then giving it the Iron Horse treatment.

Glad to see that Sea World will be getting a lot of new additions over the next few years. I can only assume that all of the "major" additions will be coasters, although I wouldn't be surprised if they added something like Falcon's Fury either.

Gwazi will not be rebuilt. It's going to be coming down.

COTD-Park-Trip-Report-Blog - Coaster Of The Day

"This weekend, Mark Rose, Director of Ride Design and Engineering, stopped by and someone asked him about Gwazi. He was short, but stated that work on Gwazi will begin sometime next year and that it would NOT be bulldozed down, as they have plans for the site. For obvious reasons, he could not say anything else."

Edit: Reading the first comment, it sounds like this isn't true. But I don't know.

COTD-Park-Trip-Report-Blog - Coaster Of The Day

"This weekend, Mark Rose, Director of Ride Design and Engineering, stopped by and someone asked him about Gwazi. He was short, but stated that work on Gwazi will begin sometime next year and that it would NOT be bulldozed down, as they have plans for the site. For obvious reasons, he could not say anything else."

Edit: Reading the first comment, it sounds like this isn't true. But I don't know.

There are multiple reports from ACE members that COTD definitely misquoted Mark Rose, this happened around October 18th when Travel Channel was doing some filming. When he was asked what's happening with Gwazi, he stated Gwazi IS coming down. They're just trying to figure out how they want to demolish a structure that large. He also did confirm they have plans for the site, but of course no details revealed on what those are.

These announcements are great. Mako next year and the Sea Rescue family dark ride for 2017. Plus more rides and attractions for 2018, 2019, and 2020. The onsite hotels are also a sound business move. Hope Aquatica gets a new ride or two during this time period as well. This is definitely a very positive step in the right direction.
It also looks like they may be lowering the price for tickets online and/or at the gate.

Reactions: anihilnation
These announcements are great. Mako next year and the Sea Rescue family dark ride for 2017. Plus more rides and attractions for 2018, 2019, and 2020. The onsite hotels are also a sound business move. Hope Aquatica gets a new ride or two during this time period as well. This is definitely a very positive step in the right direction.
It also looks like they may be lowering the price for tickets online and/or at the gate.
I am hoping Aquatica might get one of those Hybrid slides, tornado followed by tornado-wave. Also would be nice to have another slide that combines animals, can you imagine a slide that goes through a pool with sharks, that would be awesome.

Reactions: ragerunner
I'd expect BGT to get major attractions the 2 years that SWO gets minor attractions

Reactions: anihilnation
So maybe 2017 will see BGT getting a Giga :)

It's possible but I think 2018 or 19 is a better chance. The main thing I wonder is does Manby consider that 2017 attraction the beginning of their 5 year plan? If that Darkride is a minor addition, what does the major one look like?

It's possible but I think 2018 or 19 is a better chance. The main thing I wonder is does Manby consider that 2017 attraction the beginning of their 5 year plan? If that Darkride is a minor addition, what does the major one look like?
It appears that Mako is consider the first major ride for the 5 year plan.

"Mako, which was announced earlier this year, will be the “major” addition in 2016. A new SeaRescue dark ride was also announced today, which would be the “minor” attraction in 2017."

Reactions: NashvilleTrio