Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion) | Page 61 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
And the little park with 9 rides (by then) will have Potter sized crowds.

Mmm, yeah, good luck with that!

OK, I am not comparing quality, but just numbers because you put numbers here. But in 2018 from so far what we know both studios will have about the same amount of rides/shows. If Studios could "handle" potter size crowds, why can't HS?

DM - Star Tours
Shrek - Muppets
Fallon - Frozen Sing Along
TF - Other Star wars ride
Mummy - Rock n Roll Coaster
T2 - Disney Jr
FF - Light Motor Action
Gringotts - Tower of Terror
Fear Factor - Fantasia
MIB - Toy Story Mania
Simpson - Car Stunt Show
Simpson Spinner - Toy Story flat ride
Animal Show - Belle
Barnie - Jedi Training
ET - Great Movie Ride
Coaster - Toy Story Coaster
Rock it - Star Wars Coaster

Now I personally think Studios is busting at the seams and really needs more rides, so I can agree so will HS, but that is another thing.

I don't think some of those are a direct comparison. T2 does way more shows and has a higher capacity than Disney Junior. Jedi Training is a walk by street show and Barnie is a theater show. You have Lights Motors actions and Car Stunt Show both up there. Fallon will be a continuous load all day long where Frozen has a limited number of scheduled shows. What is a Star Wars Coaster?

OK, I am not comparing quality, but just numbers because you put numbers here. But in 2018 from so far what we know both studios will have about the same amount of rides/shows. If Studios could "handle" potter size crowds, why can't HS?

DM - Star Tours
Shrek - Muppets
Fallon - Frozen Sing Along
TF - Other Star wars ride
Mummy - Rock n Roll Coaster
T2 - Disney Jr
FF - Light Motor Action
Gringotts - Tower of Terror
Fear Factor - Fantasia
MIB - Toy Story Mania
Simpson - Car Stunt Show
Simpson Spinner - Toy Story flat ride
Animal Show - Belle
Barnie - Jedi Training
ET - Great Movie Ride
Coaster - Toy Story Coaster
Rock it - Star Wars Coaster

Now I personally think Studios is busting at the seams and really needs more rides, so I can agree so will HS, but that is another thing.
I was mostly referring to the grand opening Summer. When Star Wars Land opens the Car Stunt show (which you have listed twice) area and the Streets of America will still be behind construction walls. And when Potter opened at USF, Disaster! and Twister were still operating.

Oh, and Star Wars isn't getting a coaster. It is going to one 3D ride and one classic dark ride style ride.

Sorry, I didn't realize I had cars in there twice. I also will admit I am out of the loop with star wars and didn't realize what the final products were. But I at least had the count right for star wars :) so basically they will be one off, maybe two if car stunt show is walled up. Why would it still be behind walls. While they had twister and disaster they did not have Fallon and F&f which I counted those. Now if we add in the monster show they would be 3 off. Which is bad, but we all know even disney knows they have a capacity issue which is why there will be a phase 3. Just saying HS isn't that much smaller than Uni. I am not home to do a comparison, but Islands has less stuff, right?

I think Disney needed to do this 5 years ago, but at least they are doing it now. Which is better than never.

Reactions: Disneyhead
its not like its a secret that Disney is having a lot of problems coming up with a new name and the thread is Hollywood studios overhaul the name is being overhauled also a new link showing where the construction is going on and what permits have been filed Star Wars Land Blueprints for Disney's Hollywood Studios - Park Journey

I don't understand how it is general knowledge Disney doesn't know the name. We don't know the name and anything they file will not have the new name as they don't want it leaked yet. But none of this means they don't know they name. Sure, they may not know. Maybe they have a small list and haven't picked one out yet. Maybe they are trying to figure out phase 3 and then come up with a name. There are many scenarios, but honestly I am not sure why it is a big deal. They have 2 years before they need the new name. I am not sure why this is even a slight against Disney.

And trust me, I make fun of them for a lot of things like how slow they are, how they haven't done poop in a long time, how Pandora doesn't belong in DAK or any park really, etc. But I am not sure how not having a name for something that won't change names for 2 to 3 years is at all a big deal.

I'm pretty sure they have a name or at least a very short list. Hell, Iger almost let it slip during a Q and A presentation before he asked one of his aids if it had been released yet.

The sign for Star Wars Launch Bay is up at Tomorrowland in DL. I wonder if they are opening this one and the DHS one at the same time? They are also getting Space Mountain ready for the SW overlay now that Ghost Galaxy is done.

I don't understand how it is general knowledge Disney doesn't know the name. We don't know the name and anything they file will not have the new name as they don't want it leaked yet. But none of this means they don't know they name. Sure, they may not know. Maybe they have a small list and haven't picked one out yet. Maybe they are trying to figure out phase 3 and then come up with a name. There are many scenarios, but honestly I am not sure why it is a big deal. They have 2 years before they need the new name. I am not sure why this is even a slight against Disney.

And trust me, I make fun of them for a lot of things like how slow they are, how they haven't done poop in a long time, how Pandora doesn't belong in DAK or any park really, etc. But I am not sure how not having a name for something that won't change names for 2 to 3 years is at all a big deal.
i think your reading way to much into to this i was just saying it was funny that they haven't decided on a name and you blew it way outta proportion you know just stating a side fact

i think your reading way to much into to this i was just saying it was funny that they haven't decided on a name and you blew it way outta proportion you know just stating a side fact

Actually I wasn't the one to originally say something. I was just questioning how something is general knowledge (because it is not, no one knows whether they do or do not) and even if they don't it doesn't matter.

If you guys wanna know whats going on with Hollywood Studios I would recommend listening to the latest Jim Hill Disney Dish pod cast. They talk about an opening of the end of 2018, the second and third phases of pixar place being cars land and monsters inc land and the new entrance for the park. Its very interesting with alot of info.

If you guys wanna know whats going on with Hollywood Studios I would recommend listening to the latest Jim Hill Disney Dish pod cast. They talk about an opening of the end of 2018, the second and third phases of pixar place being cars land and monsters inc land and the new entrance for the park. Its very interesting with alot of info.

2nd and 3rd phase? That makes no sense. Right now we have

Phase 1 TSL opening 2017
Phase 2 SWL opening 2018
Phase 3 - Widely speculated some kind of Pixar property, but not finalized and no dates
Phase 4 - ???

2nd and 3rd phase? That makes no sense. Right now we have

Phase 1 TSL opening 2017
Phase 2 SWL opening 2018
Phase 3 - Widely speculated some kind of Pixar property, but not finalized and no dates
Phase 4 - ???
One other thing to add about Phase 3 - Martin said it will take up LMA/Catastrophe Canyon site.

One other thing to add about Phase 3 - Martin said it will take up LMA/Catastrophe Canyon site.

Yes, that is what most people are saying. I am not sure if they plan to start construction before Phase 2 ends, because some people say LMA will be behind construction walls when SWL opens, which doesn't make sense unless they are already going to be working on Phase 3.