Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb | Page 44 | Inside Universal Forums

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Speaking of supports, found this interesting bit of information over on CarowindsConnection of all places:

My first day here in Clearwater, Florida had a nice surprise. As I walked into the building the very first thing I saw is a new support for Hulk. I asked if that is what it was and was told yes, that they are doing supports. More info and pics later.

bmOyQv1.jpg

Looking at older pictures of Hulk, I cant seem to find any supports that look anything like that, so who knows if this guy is BS'ing or not, but he's been talking about "going to Florida for a job" since mid-August, so at least his story is consistent.

So if the supports end up being green, hopefully the track will be a different color, or maybe even a two-tone color scheme with green on top and purple on the bottom.

Why would any part of Hulk be in Clearwater?

An interesting question, for sure, as B&M typically use Clermont Steel in Ohio to fabricate their track/supports. However, we're yet to see any photos from that location showing any track for Hulk, and they're still churning out track/supports for Valravn, Mako, and an overseas project, so maybe they had to go with a different fabrication plant for this project?

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
It might be Bay Area Steel in the Clearwater area.

That said, I am surprised that their stuff isn't manufactured in one of the downtrodden parts of Europe.

Perhaps the literal shipping is too much off their bottom line.

It might be Bay Area Steel in the Clearwater area.

That said, I am surprised that their stuff isn't manufactured in one of the downtrodden parts of Europe.

Perhaps the literal shipping is too much off their bottom line.

Like Intamin and we know how good all those Intamin rides are!

The shade of green in that Carowinds Connection picture seems to match the shade of green on the "Hulk returns 2016" sign.

That support appears to be scenic. Definitely not something from B&M. And B&M is very picky when it comes to things. Track is either made in Switzerland or the plant in Ohio, the end.

Speaking of supports, found this interesting bit of information over on CarowindsConnection of all places:

Looking at older pictures of Hulk, I cant seem to find any supports that look anything like that, so who knows if this guy is BS'ing or not, but he's been talking about "going to Florida for a job" since mid-August, so at least his story is consistent.

So if the supports end up being green, hopefully the track will be a different color, or maybe even a two-tone color scheme with green on top and purple on the bottom.

I'm not positive that is actually a coaster support. The ends of the tubes have no flanges, except for one, and the one that does, doesn't have bolt holes. There are two extra support locations with flanges and bolt holes, so it's not like this company doesn't use them at all. Then there is this extra piece sticking out of the top that looks like it has some sort of inlet or nipple, or is reduced to a smaller size for some other reason. Not to mention the extra ribs and bolts up through the middle. I'm wondering if this is just some piece of industrial piping and someone somewhere is having fun by calling it Hulk supports.

Let's just say that is the support colour and the track becomes purple. :sick:

gGyAAcE.jpg

Wow!! That's looks so much more intimidating for some reason. magnifico! It's beautiful and I hope this is the new color scheme. Hell I wish I could like this twice!

Last edited:
Let's just say that is the support colour and the track becomes purple. :sick:

gGyAAcE.jpg

Its moments like this to where I want to know the goddamn size of the photoshop documents you use..

If theres any consolation. I believe someone here on the forums said that the new ride colors were to be black and green (much like how Hulks pants aren't purple anymore in the films..) so if you could, i'd love to see it done in the black for the track and the green as you did in the supports..

All black everything. But with a green metallic overlay, so depending on where you and the sun were, it would give off a slight green look. Giant green floodlights would slowly flash at the launch tunnel and begin to flash faster as Hulk accelerates out of the launch. And a giant kebab stand!

All black everything. But with a green metallic overlay, so depending on where you and the sun were, it would give off a slight green look. Giant green floodlights would slowly flash at the launch tunnel and begin to flash faster as Hulk accelerates out of the launch. And a giant kebab stand!
Hulk loves kababs. Hulk will destroy puny humans to get a good kabab.