Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Spider-Man getting HD Upgrading

At the risk of spoiling the fun in finding Stan Lee he appears first in the scene where Doc finally hits the Scoop with the canon. He is running into one of the theaters. His second appearance is on the sidewalk after the scoop lands in Spideys web and his final appearance he is standing with the cops in the final scene.

At the risk of spoiling the fun in finding Stan Lee he appears first
in the scene where Doc finally hits the Scoop with the canon. He is running into one of the theaters. His second appearance is on the sidewalk after the scoop lands in Spideys web and his final appearance he is standing with the cops in the final scene.
I'd put it in spoilers.

So my sisters were at the parks these past two days and they are saying they noticed some changes in some of the 3-D scenes, they remember the upgrades to the film but they are saying that they have added a few different things....Any word on this?

So my sisters were at the parks these past two days and they are saying they noticed some changes in some of the 3-D scenes, they remember the upgrades to the film but they are saying that they have added a few different things....Any word on this?

I can only give an exmple of one but when Electro and Hydro-Man are teaming up on Spider-Man, when Elctro blasts Hydro-mAn, instead of fog going up, there is an exlosion on screen. Hope it helped.

After riding again, I noticed a few differences. First, the garbage truck driver is now Stan Lee. Stan Lee also appears right in front of you after the free fall instead of to the side. Everyone in the RV can see him now. Before, you had to be seated in the front row and to the left two seats to see him.

Is the phone number still on the theater? I tried calling the number that used to be on it and it's disconnected :'(. That was one of my favorite details.

Is the phone number still on the theater? I tried calling the number that used to be on it and it's disconnected :'(. That was one of my favorite details.

The message is on the marquee, but isn't on the phone number anymore it just says "Coup Theatre." Leave a message at the tone.

Also, Stan Lee IS the truck driver now. All my friends had just noticed it as new.

There have been some rather recent changes, Stan is now the garbage truck driver and he has moved front and center after the 400 ft fall. He used to be off to the far right in that scene.

Bump. Something interesting I found out:

So we all know the part in Scene 3 where Doc says "Out of the way, they're mine!" Then we turn around to see the Statue of Liberty head rising a bit. Well the head is attached to a counterweight which is visible if you look to the left. I have always wondered why the track was so long when it only moved about a foot way above the RV.

Here's how it was supposed to happen, and did for a short time in previews:

After getting zapped by Electro, we turn around to see Scream jumping on our car. Doctor Octopus pulls her away, shouting "Out of the way, they're mine!" as he aims the anti-gravity cannon towards us. Our SCOOP quickly does an about face to escape, however we are blocked by Lady Liberty's head, which is eye-level directly in our path, just a few feet in front of us. Doc fires the cannon, missing the SCOOP, and hits the head instead, raising it up about 10 feet, just high enough for us to pass under and escape, but not before Doc misses us once more hitting a crate.

So, remembering that this was 15 years ago, and the ride system was a great pain in the butt back then, they had to cut this. You see, the block zone that is under the head had to enable and disable depending on it's position to prevent an RV from hitting it. From what I understand, getting the Ride Control System and Ride Show Supervisor to talk to each other for this effect wasn't working and resulted in downtimes.

Evidently for one reason or another, they figured out how to do this for Japan so it works there as intended.

Bump. Something interesting I found out:

So we all know the part in Scene 3 where Doc says "Out of the way, they're mine!" Then we turn around to see the Statue of Liberty head rising a bit. Well the head is attached to a counterweight which is visible if you look to the left. I have always wondered why the track was so long when it only moved about a foot way above the RV.

Here's how it was supposed to happen, and did for a short time in previews:

After getting zapped by Electro, we turn around to see Scream jumping on our car. Doctor Octopus pulls her away, shouting "Out of the way, they're mine!" as he aims the anti-gravity cannon towards us. Our SCOOP quickly does an about face to escape, however we are blocked by Lady Liberty's head, which is eye-level directly in our path, just a few feet in front of us. Doc fires the cannon, missing the SCOOP, and hits the head instead, raising it up about 10 feet, just high enough for us to pass under and escape, but not before Doc misses us once more hitting a crate.

So, remembering that this was 15 years ago, and the ride system was a great pain in the butt back then, they had to cut this. You see, the block zone that is under the head had to enable and disable depending on it's position to prevent an RV from hitting it. From what I understand, getting the Ride Control System and Ride Show Supervisor to talk to each other for this effect wasn't working and resulted in downtimes.

Evidently for one reason or another, they figured out how to do this for Japan so it works there as intended.

Should note that the differences between RCS and RSS were not the only problem as USO has different safety rules than USJ and usually takes issues with things crossing into the path of the vehicles.

I had never seen this area before until today. I was looking up more info on stewart platforms and happened upon it. Look at all of the tools and air pumps etc... outfitted better than most pro garages!

img_8935.jpg

(these ride vehicles are mounted on stewart platforms for their movement, however they are not controlled by hydraulics but screw actuators.)

Anyone know why Spider-Man's single rider line seems to close early? I've tried to get in between 7-8PM today and last week but the line was closed both times. TM at the entrance couldn't give me a reason beyond "it's closed for the day". I'm only mentioning it since I've gotten on FJ, TF, Gringotts, and Mummy multiple times using single rider even later in the day than I tried with Spidey. Bit frustrating when it's 30 minutes standby an hour from closing, when everything else is a near-walk on with single rider.

I never knew that the scoops move at variable speeds through this attraction. I assumed it was continuous speed and that any feeling of moving faster was a visual illusion. Apparently, it isn't an illusion at all.

Yeah, while they don't go fast spiderman and transformers do a really good job of playing with acceleration to fool us. A few weeks ago on transformers I was looking up and realized that in the scenes where we are flying or getting thrown around the vehicle is stationary then jolts over a few feet and repeats to give the forces of us being thrown around. Really makes me appreciate even more all the calculations and programming, especially since the projections need to stay lined up with the vehicle.

Hey, if there's another axis of motion available, you might as well use it. I don't know their exact speed but the RVs can move faster than a person can run, and during the ride the top speed is a nice jog.