Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion) | Page 63 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
What are we suggesting here, a Holidays around the World type show to replace RoE?

They already do Santas around the world and do stories for the kids at each country for periods of time. I could see them adding in unique Christmas time foods or even doing some kind of Christmas light show. Epcot paths really could handle the crowd levels that something like this brings. But I have zero information on this, so this is just guessing on my part. DH would know way more about this, but may not be able to say anything right now.

well for starters they dropped all fast-food sponsors they added habit heroes an exhibit about living healthy and they shrunk the portion sizes to almost kid meals size also they had that thing where the soda cups are all small now and i think the club cool is gone now right and and don't forget that thing they did where if you wanted fries you had to ask or you would get carrots instead o and they cut both the double burgers and the mac and cheese burger from their menu

well for starters they dropped all fast-food sponsors they added habit heroes an exhibit about living healthy and they shrunk the portion sizes to almost kid meals size also they had that thing where the soda cups are all small now and i think the club cool is gone now right and and don't forget that thing they did where if you wanted fries you had to ask or you would get carrots instead o and they cut both the double burgers and the mac and cheese burger from their menu

Offering the options of carrots is not "forcing" people to go healthy.

Also Club Cool is still open and operating.

I think Disney realized they don't need McDonald's to get people to eat there or their contract was up and they couldn't negotiate a rate they liked.

I thought innovations was more about the sponsors and what they wanted to do more than Disney and what Disney wanted to do. Like I didn't think they decided they want a healthy living show and then looked for sponsors. I thought it was more looking for sponsors and then coming up with the concept?

I haven't noticed any portion size changes in kids meals or adult meals. In fact the new Mexican type place in MK has huge portions. Now I will admit I didn't get a ton of kids meals, but the sides are all the same. My daughter never finishes a kid's meal if we get her one. We always leave with grapes or something else that she might be able to eat later and throw out other parts.

Who knows why Club cool ended if it did end (last time I went by it was still there) but it may have been sponsorship issue more than trying to be healthy.

The ask for fries has been around for years now. This is more a product of what parents want. More and more parents are looking for healthier options for their kids and they don't want their kids having fries. So since the trend is to not do fries (look at McDonalds as another example of trend changes and their new healthier sides) they don't do fries as the main side. Every parent I know would pick the grapes, carrots, and cookies over the fries. My daughter doesn't even like fries unless ketchup is around and it is mainly a system to deliver ketchup to her mouth. Even then sometimes she doesn't touch them.

When they cut food it has to do with food cost and popularity of items. I used to own a food based business. When something is not as popular and you have limited room on your menu, you cut the unpopular items and replace them with new items that could potentially be popular.

If Disney was looking to be more healthy, they would honestly offer some better healthier places to eat. Put in more places like a Season's 52 instead of so many all you can eat type places they have today. They would offer less burger places and more unique healthier offerings like what Garden Grill counter service has. Disney is not a place I go to eat if I am looking to eat healthy.

That has nothing to do with being healthy... more like cheap and greedy. I still think BGT has the best food for a theme park and better variety. Also the best meal plan by far... and I mean by waaaaayyy far.

The question with them always was, "Is it Pizza or is it cardboard? Inquiring minds want to know" ;)
and it is not just the quick service. I tried Mama Melrose's and it was just crap.... never again I would pay $20+ for literally an empty plate, plus there was nothing special to remember about the meal.

That has nothing to do with being healthy... more like cheap and greedy. I still think BGT has the best food for a theme park and better variety. Also the best meal plan by far... and I mean by waaaaayyy far.
I haven't been to BG Tampa. But I've gone to BG Williamsburg many times. I always considered BGW to have the best quick service food & best variety I had in any theme parks . Much of their quick service food was sit down restaurant quality. If Tampa is similar quality & variety as their sister park, that would indicate good food to me.

I haven't been to BG Tampa. But I've gone to BG Williamsburg many times. I always considered BGW to have the best quick service food & best variety I had in any theme parks . Much of their quick service food was sit down restaurant quality. If Tampa is similar quality & variety as their sister park, that would indicate good food to me.
I have found both Busch Gardens parks to have some of the best theme park foods. Love the coasters at those places, love the atmosphere too, but especially love the food!

Punctuation?

and it is not just the quick service. I tried Mama Melrose's and it was just crap.... never again I would pay $20+ for literally an empty plate, plus there was nothing special to remember about the meal.

Ya'll need to get some southern comfort food at Dollywood.

Danlb_2000 over on magic posted what appears to be the first permit regarding TSL.

Back Stage Warehouse Rehab, 300 Showbiz Blvd - Provide labor, material and/or electrical for construction

capture-jpg.122658

It appears that Pizza Planet is going down for a year long refurbishment. Could this be for a conversion to a Muppets theme and ultimately be the start of the recreation of a Muppets mini land? I doubt it but its fun to speculate. (From wdwmagic)
Pizza Planet closing for major refurbishment lasting most of 2016

Episode 34: We Trusted Each Other! We Ate Granola! The History of the Muppets and Disney, with Jim Hill. from The Unofficial Guide's Disney Dish with Jim Hill on podbay

If you skip to 10mins 30secs you can hear what was meant to have been built originally. You can take that with a grain of salt though.