What Games Are You Playing? | Page 64 | Inside Universal Forums

What Games Are You Playing?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It'll at least match Oculus in price ($350). PS VR requires a Playstation Eye so I won't be surprised in the slightest if it's 400.
From the last I heard I don't think it does require the PlayStation eye unless you want to use the PlayStation move controllers with it but I will have to doubl check.

I'm skeptical with PlayStation's VR. In order to avoid motion sickness it has to be over 60 FPS. Normally I'd say that's not a problem, the PS4 is totally capable of achieving that at 1080p. BUT... since this is VR, and VR is 3D... there are two screens. So that load is doubled. Which leads me to assume that VR games on the PS4 will be pretty limited graphically to compensate.

Totally happy to be proven wrong, but as it currently stands... Oculus or bust.

Reactions: ThemeParks4Life
I'm skeptical with PlayStation's VR. In order to avoid motion sickness it has to be over 60 FPS. Normally I'd say that's not a problem, the PS4 is totally capable of achieving that at 1080p. BUT... since this is VR, and VR is 3D... there are two screens. So that load is doubled. Which leads me to assume that VR games on the PS4 will be pretty limited graphically to compensate.

Totally happy to be proven wrong, but as it currently stands... Oculus or bust.
However each of the screens are half of a 1080p screen. Pixel wise it is the same, the added work comes from having to draw from two different perspectives.

Even using cardboard on my note 4 is really cool and has me optimistic for psvr. The graphics don't need to be insane. The most important thing is frame rate and image quality. Give me PS2.5 graphics with zero jaggies and 120hz and I'll be happy. Its all about that sense of presence not graphical hyper-realism that makes or breaks the experience.

This. The biggest problem with the keynote is it had no First Party announcements.

Overall, some cool stuff was announced, but they had the best stuff up front
I'm guessing they went more indie and VR hearvy here since this is the audience that would be receptive and first adopters. I fully expect Bend and GOW4 at E3 for a AAA First pary blowout.

The problem is a lot of these games just feel like gimmicks I'll waste $15 on and never touch again after 2 hours.

I guarantee a lot of people would have said that about Rocket League, and it's one of the most popular games on the planet right now.

I'm guessing they went more indie and VR hearvy here since this is the audience that would be receptive and first adopters. I fully expect Bend and GOW4 at E3 for a AAA First pary blowout.

God I hope GOW4 is something completely new.