Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Frozen Ever After

Frozen belongs in Magic Kingdom, and it would have made a much better investment then Little Mermaid. They could still rip out the faux go carts and place a giant snow castle there, but that's not going to happen now obviously.

Frozen belongs in Magic Kingdom, and it would have made a much better investment then Little Mermaid. They could still rip out the faux go carts and place a giant snow castle there, but that's not going to happen now obviously.

It fits best in MK, but it could fit fine as a replacement for the Animation area in DHS too.

They took the easy way out, and I think they realize it.

It fits best in MK, but it could fit fine as a replacement for the Animation area in DHS too.

They took the easy way out, and I think they realize it.
Yup, Frozen would've been the best choice to fill another land at DHS. But now we're stuck with it at Epcot.

I had a thought on this: The crowds are obviously going to be unbearable (bordering on unsustainable) for this ride. Might this turn into a good thing for World Showcase in that Disney will realize that they need to build more rides around the lagoon in order to spread capacity and ease up on Frozen?

Just a thought.

from what is heard Disney is hoping to drag 10k guest from other parks into Epcot which remember Epcot is the best capacity park Disney has

from what is heard Disney is hoping to drag 10k guest from other parks into Epcot which remember Epcot is the best capacity park Disney has

True, but their rides are very lopsided causing very long lines for some and very short for other. There is no middle ground rides here. The 3rd theater for Soarin and new movie better be open when Frozen opens because if not there could be even more issues. Test Track, Soarin, and Malstrom where the only rides ever with lines. Everything else was walk on to 20 minutes at most. So the park is huge and lots of places to explore, but the big rides have really too large of lines. With the FP+ limiting you to one of those, then you are guaranteed to wait in long lines over the summer for probably 2 rides at least. So adding more people to this park could cause some issues. They need more rides to spread people out. A good start would be replacing imagination and Caption EO for rides people actually WANT to ride.

True, but their rides are very lopsided causing very long lines for some and very short for other. There is no middle ground rides here. The 3rd theater for Soarin and new movie better be open when Frozen opens because if not there could be even more issues. Test Track, Soarin, and Malstrom where the only rides ever with lines. Everything else was walk on to 20 minutes at most. So the park is huge and lots of places to explore, but the big rides have really too large of lines. With the FP+ limiting you to one of those, then you are guaranteed to wait in long lines over the summer for probably 2 rides at least. So adding more people to this park could cause some issues. They need more rides to spread people out. A good start would be replacing imagination and Caption EO for rides people actually WANT to ride.
Yes, I strongly agree with your post. Plus, the walkways at World Showcase get really clogged during the Spring & Fall Festivals. Future World walkways have plenty of space, but it seems people are only in lines for attractions there and spend little time in the open spaces. So the park is really out of balance. Flooding the World Showcase with more bodies will make movement through it even more uncomfortable than it is now during the festival seasons.

Yes, I strongly agree with your post. Plus, the walkways at World Showcase get really clogged during the Spring & Fall Festivals. Future World walkways have plenty of space, but it seems people are only in lines for attractions there and spend little time in the open spaces. So the park is really out of balance. Flooding the World Showcase with more bodies will make movement through it even more uncomfortable than it is now during the festival seasons.

Agreed. The world showcase can be very difficult to move thru during events. Even Candlelight it gets crowded around the showcase area. I didn't go back in that area much during the summer, so not sure how it is during the summer months.

Agreed. The world showcase can be very difficult to move thru during events. Even Candlelight it gets crowded around the showcase area. I didn't go back in that area much during the summer, so not sure how it is during the summer months.
Its usually pretty light in the summers. When the events are going though, it can be downright impossible to get where you are going.

I had a thought on this: The crowds are obviously going to be unbearable (bordering on unsustainable) for this ride. Might this turn into a good thing for World Showcase in that Disney will realize that they need to build more rides around the lagoon in order to spread capacity and ease up on Frozen?

Just a thought.

They didn't do it for Soarin' and they didn't do it for Toy Story Mania. Building more rides to ease up on the demand for another one isn't currently in Disney's wheelhouse.

I will probably see it in 2016. I go to Epcot enough that if I can manage a FP or ride it at the very end of the night during a slow period I will. Mainly because I have a child who may enjoy it. She honestly is not into Frozen all that much. But my niece is, so we will all probably go together. Who knows. Maybe it won't be until 2017. Again, my daughter will flat out tell you she is not into Princesses and she would much rather see a Dragon, so it is not at the top of my list for her to see lol

It is pretty funny that my daughter always asks me why Disney workers call her Princess when she is NOT a princess :) Now if they called her a dog she would bark and say thank you :) I have a strange child, but I love it. I don't have to spend all this time or money waiting for Princess meet n great or go to those fancy boutiques.

I'll probably see this whenever I can. Won't go specifically for it but if I somehow go to Epcot soon (highly doubt it) then this will most likely be a plus to it

Is it me or does anyone else think this is going to be a guest service nightmare when it opens. Maelstrom only had a capacity of 1000 people per hour. With the extra show scene I don't think we get much more.

With an average 9am-9pm park hours at Epcot, that's about 12,000-14,000 people per day that can ride this. What happens on a 40,000-50,000 people per day park attendance. There basically will be no room for anyone without a fast pass to get on this ride. And those fastpasses will be gone months in advance by people staying on site.

On top of that, the walkway in this area is the narrowest and most congested part of Epcot. Where do you put hours of standby and meet n greet lines? Do they just start turning people away? This will be fascinating to see how it's handled.

Is it me or does anyone else think this is going to be a guest service nightmare when it opens. Maelstrom only had a capacity of 1000 people per hour. With the extra show scene I don't think we get much more.

With an average 9am-9pm park hours at Epcot, that's about 12,000-14,000 people per day that can ride this. What happens on a 40,000-50,000 people per day park attendance. There basically will be no room for anyone without a fast pass to get on this ride. And those fastpasses will be gone months in advance by people staying on site.

On top of that, the walkway in this area is the narrowest and most congested part of Epcot. Where do you put hours of standby and meet n greet lines? Do they just start turning people away? This will be fascinating to see how it's handled.
Oh yes, I wholeheartedly agree. This will probably generate much more guest dissatisfaction than satisfaction. Bottom line, a pure penny wise pound foolish moment.

I'm sure Disney has some sort of plan, if not this could be one of the biggest disasters (guest service wise) in theme park history. The damage on this could last years, really hope for the best for our sakes