Secret Life of Pets attraction coming? (USH) | Page 21 | Inside Universal Forums

Secret Life of Pets attraction coming? (USH)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They may be on a time frame where they're trying to get as much stuff out to take advantage of the window of opportunity before the Star Wars expansion hits. The Seuss expansions will probably be predicated on whether or not the future Grinch movie does any good.
With Illumination's marketing department, I don't see how it doesn't perform well at the typical $70-80 million Illumination budget.

Grinch is a no-brainer for an attraction, though. Wish they would had gone ahead and greenlit a Grinch E-ticket and the Jurassic Park revamp back in 2014... would have struck when Jurassic World was hot (Spring-Summer 2015) and given us a new attraction for 2015 (Grinch opening in November of course!)

With how crowded their construction schedule is now, Jurassic Park and Seuss may not get anything until 2022/2023 :(

Reactions: Mad Dog
From what it seems; thanks to user Brover on USHForums;

The USH Version will be the first (which, surprised! I think not) but the Orlando will be not far behind...by a year. Yes, it is being rumored on USHForums that TSLoP will be for 2018.

TSLoP opening 2018 here might be a good idea. With Nintendo presumably opening in USF then too, they might want a big marketing push for families that year.

From what it seems; thanks to user Brover on USHForums;

The USH Version will be the first (which, surprised! I think not) but the Orlando will be not far behind...by a year. Yes, it is being rumored on USHForums that TSLoP will be for 2018.

Makes sense. Shame they couldn't of decided on this even quicker and had it open for next year. Because man USF is gonna be a mess

Sean, do you still think KZ will close early 2016? If so, that will give room for 3 years of construction if the opening date is 2019. Seems long, but then, if there are multiple rides that are hi tech and possibly a castle that might house 2 rides (I think Teebin hinted at this) ... anyway, really seems like this will be the most sublime thing ever :)

Or could it be that they just push it back a year and keep KZ open another year?

Sean, do you still think KZ will close early 2016? If so, that will give room for 3 years of construction if the opening date is 2019. Seems long, but then, if there are multiple rides that are hi tech and possibly a castle that might house 2 rides (I think Teebin hinted at this) ... anyway, really seems like this will be the most sublime thing ever :)

Or could it be that they just push it back a year and keep KZ open another year?

I think KZ closes next year. Early next year is a good question. Maybe after summer so at least they get most of the busy season out of KZ? I don't know.

Looking like
2016 - Hello Kitty, Sapphire Falls, Kong, Hulk revamp, NBA replacement
2017 - Fallon, F&F, Cabana expansion, Volcano Bay
2018 - Pets
2019 - Nintendo

Just going off of things we know are coming. They could definitely add more if they want to compete with the DHS overhaul from 2018-2021.

I think KZ closes next year. Early next year is a good question. Maybe after summer so at least they get most of the busy season out of KZ? I don't know.

I wouldn't be shocked if KZ stays til Labor Day but is it really needed? E.T. will still operate no matter what, so the question is whether Animal Actors, Fievel's, Barney and Nuthouse really suck up that much capacity to the point of being necessary. Seeing as the crowds will be tipping more towards IOA in 2016 due to the Kong/Hulk double dip (not to mention Sapphire being parked next door), I think USF won't have too much of a struggle. Diagon will always be a draw, but it's definitely balanced with Hogsmeade by now so it's even in regards to Potter... so maybe closing KZ isn't too big of a deal to Universal.

Of course this is a decision most likely yet to be made. Diagon took 2 1/2 years from Jaws closure to opening, so KZ definitely needs to be shuttered by the end of 2016 to get it opened by mid-2019.

Reactions: Mad Dog
You guys would be surprised how many people are back in the kidszone area on any given day. That area really eats up a lot of people off of the main paths.

^^^ Yeah I think Animal Actors will stay open a little longer to get people off the streets. I have said for awhile I don't see how they could survive spring break if they close KZ and it is looking more and more like they plan to leave it all open until at least after spring break. Smart move by Uni, I thought closing it after Christmas was a dumb move. They should at least wait until Kong and Hulk are open before closing any part of KZ down. Because that will be so close to their busy season they may decide to just leave it all open until Labor Day and then close it down. Or close the back half off and leave the rest open.

^^^ Yeah I think Animal Actors will stay open a little longer to get people off the streets. I have said for awhile I don't see how they could survive spring break if they close KZ and it is looking more and more like they plan to leave it all open until at least after spring break. Smart move by Uni, I thought closing it after Christmas was a dumb move. They should at least wait until Kong and Hulk are open before closing any part of KZ down. Because that will be so close to their busy season they may decide to just leave it all open until Labor Day and then close it down. Or close the back half off and leave the rest open.

Exactly. I don't even think they should take the Nuthouse coaster, unless it's coming right back re-themed.

Exactly. I don't even think they should take the Nuthouse coaster, unless it's coming right back re-themed.

I don't agree with this. It is a fun little coaster, but if they can put something in that is longer and better with a little higher height restriction (38" to 40") I think Uni would be better served. Right now they have thrill coaster and they have kiddie coasters. They need a good family coaster like Thunder Mountain or a longer version of the Mine Train. They have Hippo for kids that want that first roller coaster experience, they don't need two in their parks. Even Disney with all 4 parks only has one kiddie coaster.

Looking like
2016 - Hello Kitty, Sapphire Falls, Kong, Hulk revamp, NBA replacement
2017 - Fallon, F&F, Cabana expansion, Volcano Bay
2018 - Pets
2019 - Nintendo

Just going off of things we know are coming. They could definitely add more if they want to compete with the DHS overhaul from 2018-2021.

Hopefully Pets and Nintendo will be in 2018

Hopefully Pets and Nintendo will be in 2018

So based on the previous discussion that some aspect of Pets will be proof-of-concept for something at Nintendo, given that that is true, it would be safe to say Pets and Nintendo would be at least a year apart, yes? And probably a minor feature? Disaster and FJ were two and a half years apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.