Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 78 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
traditionally, he's in a go-kart. In the newer games there's an option for many different types of vehicles however.

Thanks, just looked and thank goodness vehicle behavior is the same. I wonder how they will execute the jumps. Perhaps parts of the track will be painted bright green and they will play the ole football broadcast technique. :look:

For what it's worth, Screamscape is reporting that they're hearing Universal Studios Japan will be getting Nintendo first, up next after The Flying Dinosaur. Not unexpected, since Nintendo is based in Japan, so maybe we'll get a good preview for what to expect down here once things start happening over there. Since there has been talk of a second gate in Japan, I wonder if there's any chance that they would go for a full Nintendo theme park. I think that would probably make a lot more sense out there than here.

For what it's worth, Screamscape is reporting that they're hearing Universal Studios Japan will be getting Nintendo first, up next after The Flying Dinosaur. Not unexpected, since Nintendo is based in Japan, so maybe we'll get a good preview for what to expect down here once things start happening over there. Since there has been talk of a second gate in Japan, I wonder if there's any chance that they would go for a full Nintendo theme park. I think that would probably make a lot more sense out there than here.

I believe a long while back about the second gate (I think a year ago..) that it was said that the second park would follow a more..different route. Not in a full Nintendo park; but more on the Japanese herritige. I can be wrong about that, but it seems that they are going with the Shanghai Disney for USO (Universal Studios Okinawa).

I believe a long while back about the second gate (I think a year ago..) that it was said that the second park would follow a more..different route. Not in a full Nintendo park; but more on the Japanese herritige. I can be wrong about that, but it seems that they are going with the Shanghai Disney for USO (Universal Studios Okinawa).

Universal's Japan Adventure.

No, it doesn't?

Nintendo is coming soon to the KidZone plot. It's pretty simple. Maybe concurrently with something at USJ, but not after. If things have changed they have changed very recently.

Perhaps there was room for misinterpretation in my post. I was trying to say that if a full theme park devoted to Nintendo properties were to be built, it would make more sense in Japan since that is where the company is headquartered and there is presumably a stronger Nintendo presence in that country. I wasn't saying that Nintendo wouldn't make sense here or implying that it won't be replacing KidZone.

Reactions: ChrisFL
Aaah... that fell through? It makes sense in the big picture that I see it.
Yeah, that concept was before the Universal purchase and them exiling the former Japan park chief. Plus there's been a lot of controversy on Okinawa and Japan concerning a number of issues, some relating to the military base. My thoughts are that they'll pursue a policy closer to what the Oriental Land company is doing in Japan. Japan's a great Theme Park market. It's the only international market a Disney park has succeeded thus far outside of the USA. Although Disney does not operate those two parks per se.

Following up...

On the other hand... *unwinces*, that might happen by a short time frame.

(goes back to rocker to watch for kids on the front lawn.) :)

I could see that. But not some huge gap in time.

So what I'm gathering is that Nintendo will actually be happening in Osaka and Orlando more or less simultaneously, with a slight edge perhaps being given to Japan?

Last edited:
Following up...

On the other hand... *unwinces*, that might happen by a short time frame.

(goes back to rocker to watch for kids on the front lawn.) :)

LOL

It makes sense they would do something in Japan eventually for Nintendo. I mean it is popular there and the HQ is there. I also don't see the need for a long waiting period. I don't think the two parks pull the same crowd of people. There is probably very few people that have been to both parks.