Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1) | Page 115 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Id counter to say the soundstage was used for HHN years, so it was never "had nothing in it."

I have been going to HHN for years and have to ask the question. When was it used for HHN? Because the only year I have missed since 2005 is 2007 and I know it was not used during that period of time. I will admit the very month it was torn down it was going to be used for HHN and they even had permits, blue prints, construction materials etc. But that does only leaves 2000 - 2004 that I am not certain about since Herc and Xena closed in early 2000.

I have been going to HHN for years and have to ask the question. When was it used for HHN? Because the only year I have missed since 2005 is 2007 and I know it was not used during that period of time. I will admit the very month it was torn down it was going to be used for HHN and they even had permits, blue prints, construction materials etc. But that does only leaves 2000 - 2004 that I am not certain about since Herc and Xena closed in early 2000.
It was used for Horror Nights Nightmares in 2004.

My blue sky list for Universals new plot:

-LOTR or preferably a new Lost Continent Land
-Zelda
Wind Waker or Hyrule themed land
-WarCraft
Stormwind City/Harbor
-Laika Animation Land
.Coraline
.Paranorman
.Boxtrolls
-Harry Potter
.Forbidden Forest (covered indoors i.e. ETs adventure queue)
.Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
-Universal MonsterS
.Draculas Castle dark ride
.Transylvania
.Wolf Man Coaster
-Ancient Egypt Themed Resort
-Roman or Mayan Themed Resort

In a way it would kind of cover the Disney Villans/Beastly Kingdom ideas with a mix of Universal monsters and video gaming IPs. The overall park would have a mystical feel to it.
....And I'd call it UNIVERSAL'S LEGENDS PARK

Last edited:
Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Purely a personal preference, but I REALLY don't want this park to be fantasy heavy. At all.

As sad as i'm going to say it; that's probably the only way that they can really do it. I just can't see them doing another realistic Studio park, especially with whats out there in Film, TV and Gaming. And to be honest; it'd drive people in a lot more than the studio aspect, as much as I know people will hate me for saying that.

Right. In one aspect how else can they possibly compete with the Magic Kingdom without going overly girl princess centric or ultra kiddie centric. In my opinion the fantasy genre is the ultimate way to go when creating total emersion in a theme park. They could go with cities or countries BUT Epcot, US, DHS, and AK pretty much has that covered.

As sad as i'm going to say it; that's probably the only way that they can really do it. I just can't see them doing another realistic Studio park, especially with whats out there in Film, TV and Gaming. And to be honest; it'd drive people in a lot more than the studio aspect, as much as I know people will hate me for saying that.

I would just much rather it be science-fiction heavy. I think there's potential for that.

I would just much rather it be science-fiction heavy. I think there's potential for that.

I would lose it if Universal built a futuristic, technological, science-fictiony park grounded on science fact. Yeah, it won't happen, but let me have this. It's 100% the programming nerd in me, but a park that celebrates science, inspires the next generation of engineers, programmers, and scientists, and doesn't lose touch (you know what I'm talking about); it'd be a dream, for sure. The first attraction is already made: Space Fantasy clone please!

Reactions: anihilnation
Does it have to be IPs though? Sure, IPs serve a distinct purpose: to attract visitors with something they are familiar with. And that's almost all Universal has done because up until recently, Universal has had a hard time attracting people.

With Disney's future including Frozen, Avatar, Toy Story, and Star Wars, is that the end to non-IP attractions? If I wrote a list of my top ten favorite WDW attractions, I'd bet fewer than 3 of them were based on an IP.

Reactions: twebber55
Does it have to be IPs though? Sure, IPs serve a distinct purpose: to attract visitors with something they are familiar with. And that's almost all Universal has done because up until recently, Universal has had a hard time attracting people.

With Disney's future including Frozen, Avatar, Toy Story, and Star Wars, is that the end to non-IP attractions? If I wrote a list of my top ten favorite WDW attractions, I'd bet fewer than 3 of them were based on an IP.

Non-IP E-tickets/major additions might not be dead forever, but they're dead now. If you're Universal, you don't want to gamble building a park devoid of what has brought you success up until this point

Reactions: IzzyB
My blue sky list for Universals new plot:

-LOTR or preferably a new Lost Continent Land
-Zelda
Wind Waker or Hyrule themed land
-WarCraft
Stormwind City/Harbor
-Laika Animation Land
.Coraline
.Paranorman
.Boxtrolls
-Harry Potter
.Forbidden Forest (covered indoors i.e. ETs adventure queue)
.Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
-Universal MonsterS
.Draculas Castle dark ride
.Transylvania
.Wolf Man Coaster
-Ancient Egypt Themed Resort
-Roman or Mayan Themed Resort

In a way it would kind of cover the Disney Villans/Beastly Kingdom ideas with a mix of Universal monsters and video gaming IPs. The overall park would have a mystical feel to it.
....And I'd call it UNIVERSAL'S LEGENDS PARK
love the name Universal's Legends Park

Reactions: ChrisFL
Non-IP E-tickets/major additions might not be dead forever, but they're dead now. If you're Universal, you don't want to gamble building a park devoid of what has brought you success up until this point

That worries me. Between Cars Land, WWOHP, and the obvious potential for Star Wars Land, they could sell more merch than any original attraction ever could. When the suits see those numbers, it may be a long, long time before we see non-IPs again, and that's depressing.

Reactions: Quint
Just not enough powerful sci fi IPs to justify that

Well. Star Trek. Back to the Future. Jurassic World. Battlestar Galactica is supposedly getting a big movie. The X-Files is getting revived. Stargate is getting a new trilogy. Doctor Who just keeps getting bigger and bigger. Maybe something based on the recent trend of more realistic space sci-fi like The Martian and Gravity. And is there any reason they couldn't build more Marvel attractions in the new park? Does the contract allow that? Those are just a few ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.