Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1) | Page 117 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:shrug:
none of those things have a US presence
I don't want to get too far into this, because I doubt Uni would use Verne's work, but I'm willing to bet less than one percent of guests would have any idea about Journey to the Center of the Earth or the other stuff listed here that exists in Tokyo/international parks
Both completely fair and valid points. Probably the only aspect even a plurality of guests would remember would be the Submarine Voyage. I guess I'm more concerned with the fanboy response :lol:

It's not just that they have used it; they've used it a lot. 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, Journey to the Center of the Earth, From the Earth to the Moon, Mysterious Island, plus he had cameos in both Horizons and The Timekeeper. I'm sure I'm forgetting some.

Space Mountain in Paris is also entirely Vernian.

Will all the rides be original or will they borrow rides from the international parks that don't have a US presence? I'd love to see the Evangelion 4d ride come over. Any chance they would do an anime section in the park or would that still be to niche? I think something Dragon Ball Z or Sailor Moon related would go over pretty well.

Reactions: anihilnation
Whatever they build, it is going to have to be ultra special and unique. Probably a bit larger than the other two parks individually. Perhaps there will be a smaller second something there as well... not a water park... but something unique like that.

I agree that legends could be a great name as it covers so much ground yet sounds inspiring. Now just think of what 20 creative persons in room might come up with.

Whatever they build, it is going to have to be ultra special and unique. Probably a bit larger than the other two parks individually. Perhaps there will be a smaller second something there as well... not a water park... but something unique like that.

I agree that legends could be a great name as it covers so much ground yet sounds inspiring. Now just think of what 20 creative persons in room might come up with.
I heard that Universal Creative is going to name a land in a new Universal Legends Park after one of the truly great insider legends. It will appropriately be named, "Land of Teebin". :peace:

Reactions: anihilnation
I'm shocked nobody ever brings up Discovery Cove. That's the one thing SeaWorld has nailed. Personally, I think they're WAY ahead of the curve on that park. I think Disney + Universal will be building their own equivalents in the next decade...

I'm shocked nobody ever brings up Discovery Cove. That's the one thing SeaWorld has nailed. Personally, I think they're WAY ahead of the curve on that park. I think Disney + Universal will be building their own equivalents in the next decade...

I believe Disney already has done that over at Typhoon Lagoon. And, theres places where it could be fine, but Universal isn't one of those places in my book, atleast.

Hmmmmm... Shingle Creek Resort and Golf course is right next to that property. I wonder what kind of deal Uni could make with them rather than build their own? Perhaps a crossover bridge? For the golf course that is.

sc_Header.png

I believe Disney already has done that over at Typhoon Lagoon. And, theres places where it could be fine, but Universal isn't one of those places in my book, atleast.

Not even close. Like, if you've been in the Wind Away River at Discovery Cove you know there's no comparison with the lazy river at Typhoon Lagoon, as nice as it is. Shark Reef has nothing on the Grand Reef.

I just had a crazy idea. What if they built a hub style park and used the Wizard of Oz for the main street and castle. Munchkinland could serve as main street and then you could follow the Yellow brick road into the hub area that would then lead to the Emerald City. A night time fireworks show over the top of the Emerald City would look amazing. I don't know if Warner Bros would sign off on it though since the Wizard of Oz has a presence in Hollywood Studios.

I said this on the podcast, but my idea would be to have the lands based on original ideas, but IPs be the attractions.

i.e. Sci-Fi City but with a Pacific Rim/Godzilla attraction.
I would love Pacific Rim or Godzilla, or both, to come to UOR. Godzilla could actually be a good fit at IoA with Monster Island replacing Lost Continent but the third park would be great too.

Reactions: Mad Dog
If anyone would think Lakia..perhaps, if this is a huge success; I wouldn't mind this being used for that third gate.

Create an ancient Asia area and put a crouching tiger, Hidden Dragon martial arts show then you could have that film as well.

Actually they could do their own version of Epcot. In Asia, you can put Pacific Rim, Godzilla, Any Martial Arts film Universal owns or can get the rights to, and the new Laika film. Then Africa, you have a few films and IPs that they could plus the mummy in Egypt (get rid of the one in Uni Studios for something else.) Meditterean any Greek Epic films they can get the rights to.

Last edited:

Maybe I should've been more specific. Discovery Cove is a "boutique" theme park - smaller scale with an amplified amount of theming that's meant to be for a richer/more upscale clientele. That's what they hit perfectly. Nobody else is trying smaller scale parts with incredibly expensive tickets and unique experiences.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I said this on the podcast, but my idea would be to have the lands based on original ideas, but IPs be the attractions.

i.e. Sci-Fi City but with a Pacific Rim/Godzilla attraction.

I completely agree with this, though I would hope to see something a little more original then "Sci-Fi City."

Totally blue sky here, but I like the idea of something like Neo-Tokyo, a stylized futuristic version of Tokyo. Perfect area for a Godzilla attraction, and even expanding the use of Hello Kitty into a family attraction. Throw in a fun shop filled with odd items you'd only normally find in Japan (lord knows they have some amazingly fun novelty items available) and even a small shop to cater to fans of anime, a good sushi place to top it all off!

That's more along the lines of what I would hope to see. New and original land ideas we haven't really seen before.

Reactions: ChrisFL
Status
Not open for further replies.