Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb | Page 52 | Inside Universal Forums

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Wow that sucks big time
That Roar made the walk up to islands the most drastic even more so than that castle in Disney's. Man that blows lol
Remember that no-one on this site works for universal creative my friend. Most posts on here are speculation and hopeful thinking so just wait for summer 2016!! I've gave my opinion.

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
I saw this truck and trailer on Florida Turnpike in Clermont, Florida.

Ah, when you said Clermont, I just assumed you mean Clermont County, Ohio since thats where the plant was. What are the odds of the origination point and where you ran across it having the same name?

Surely, the sand has other benefits. I would expect that the weight of the sand makes for a more rigid structure, allowing the trains to conserve momentum. I feel like that's part of the reason Kraken has aged a little more gracefully than Hulk. If that's the case -- and by all means, engineering and physics majors, weigh in here, pun intended -- then I'd take the smoothness over the roar any day. Hulk was to the point where I had to ride at night or else I would have a headache all day, and I have a high tolerance for coasters.

Reactions: soyouthinkyouknow
Surely, the sand has other benefits. I would expect that the weight of the sand makes for a more rigid structure, allowing the trains to conserve momentum. I feel like that's part of the reason Kraken has aged a little more gracefully than Hulk. If that's the case -- and by all means, engineering and physics majors, weigh in here, pun intended -- then I'd take the smoothness over the roar any day. Hulk was to the point where I had to ride at night or else I would have a headache all day, and I have a high tolerance for coasters.
I think that sand in the supports could be to protect the footers, the sand will lessen the vibrational impact on the concrete etc.

There are people who aren't just speculating.

Remember that no-one on this site works for universal creative my friend. Most posts on here are speculation and hopeful thinking so just wait for summer 2016!! I've gave my opinion.

Come on... No one really knows but this is intersting and I love it.

Definitely agree, that's why this is the only forum I attend, there are people here who know, and also I find Orlando United to be the best because of all the people involved.

blwkss.gif

From what I can gather, the roar will only really be gone if they fill the box of the track. If they're just filling the supports, it will definitely deafen it, but if they're not filling the track itself, that's still something :shrug:

Reactions: anihilnation
I take everything any "insider" says with a grain of salt, but as often as I am on the forums of most theme park sites, OU had been the most accurate about Universal which is what I care about.

OU insiders usually end up pretty close to the final truth when it comes to Universal rumors. Rumor is quite often fact on this site. We're generally talking about things many many months before it's official by Universal or picked up by other sites. Even TPI is far back in the dust of OU when it comes to future Universal stuff discussions, except on the few occasions that Niles releases an insider tidbit he was leaked.

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
Definitely agree, that's why this is the only forum I attend, there are people here who know, and also I find Orlando United to be the best because of all the people involved.
Well hey I am still rather new and I wouldn't still be following if it was not the best forum in orlando honestly. I just hate for other UO fans to take certain things to heart when it hasn't been really set in stone yet. But I will watch and see how things play out.

Well hey I am still rather new and I wouldn't still be following if it was not the best forum in orlando honestly. I just hate for other UO fans to take certain things to heart when it hasn't been really set in stone yet. But I will watch and see how things play out.

You will learn who has certain inside info and when certain people say things about certain aspects they are normally 85 to 90% accurate. The only reason they are not accurate is normally because universal changes their mind after the fact. It is what makes this site so great. So yes, everything is a rumor, but some rumors are closer to facts than other rumors.

Information in the theme park industry is so weird that "rumors" aren't really rumors, speculation happens most often, and any information coming out is more like "leaks".
That's one of the best ways I've heard it said, especially in the case of Universal. I'm always amazed at how accurate the Universal pre official release information is.

Reactions: anihilnation