Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb | Page 53 | Inside Universal Forums

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Even with a smaller roar this ride is going to be amazing, again.

I believe the back end will be more or less silent now and the front half will have a slightly smaller roar because of Sapphire Falls.

Did some of you honestly not put onboard audio + filled track together until just now? I'm sure Universal will audio engineer some roaring noises into the ride profile that can be heard by pedestrian traffic.

OK hold on.. I usually hear hulk a little before entering the 2ND set of moving walkways. Can any neighborhood really hear the roar that well in surrounding areas? I know sound travels at night but really?

Did some of you honestly not put onboard audio + filled track together until just now? I'm sure Universal will audio engineer some roaring noises into the ride profile that can be heard by pedestrian traffic.
On-board audio is not meant to be heard by pedestrians. When is the last time you heard the music from CA Screamin, Rip Ride Rock-It, etc.? Speakers placed right next to riders' ears is not supposed to be so loud you can hear it from sidewalks below.

On-board audio is not meant to be heard by pedestrians. When is the last time you heard the music from CA Screamin, Rip Ride Rock-It, etc.? Speakers placed right next to riders' ears is not supposed to be so loud you can hear it from sidewalks below.

In what particular part of my post did I mention that Universal would use onboard audio as a solution for sound engineering the pathways? Even Cedar Point does this on Top Thrill Dragster.

I remember riding Hulk late at night a few times so probably HHN, but can't really remember too many other times I've seen/heard it run late.

When I heard about the track being replaced the first thing I thought was that that the roar was going to be downplayed. I love it in park but you can pretty clearly hear it in your room at Cabana Bay and Royal Pacific even with the increased distance and barriers compared to Sapphire Falls. Put me down for mixed emotions on this one.

I have no idea what the current restrictions on Hulk are, I just know that back when I was in entertainment production we had to shut down the Hulk after a certain time during after hours special events because of noise.

Yup. Hulk had an earlier closure when HHN was at IOA.

Information in the theme park industry is so weird that "rumors" aren't really rumors, speculation happens most often, and any information coming out is more like "leaks".

Yep, and even greenlit projects can end up not actually happening (See POP Century: Early Years for an example)