Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars Launch Bay

So when I see the Launch Bay has a wait time of 30 minutes, that means people are waiting just to enter the area... where they can enter a line for a meet-and-greet?

So when I see the Launch Bay has a wait time of 30 minutes, that means people are waiting just to enter the area... where they can enter a line for a meet-and-greet?

They have a movie and the wait time is to see that movie. It's basically set up like how it was before with Mushu's show, except there's usually a wait now. You can either wait in line to see the movie, or bypass it to get into Launch Bay. I think the only time you'd have to for sure wait for the movie is if Launch Bay was at capacity.

No, to enter the area is just like how it was before. @April detailed it above. There are lines inside the building for Vader and Chewie (averaging around 30-45 mins) and they are interactive M&G's... sort of creepy, sort of cool like the talking Mickey one. Everyone was fully into it, especially Darth, he really went the extra mile when my mom eye-balled him on the way out and he stormed towards her. It almost felt like HHN for a second :lol:

There are also roaming Jawas as far as characters go. Hopefully as we get more into next year we'll get some TFA M&G's in there.

Yesssssssssss. I figured this would happen eventually, now it's time to find a place for Finn, Rey and if they can manage it, BB-8.

The Vader M&G was cool and all, but a Kylo Ren M&G should draw huge crowds right now. This again is another one of those savvy moves for the struggling park I was mentioning to keep people in in DHS longer or AP Holders coming back to experience launch bay over and over as they no undoubtedly will continue to change it over time. I expect a lot of these type of things until TSL and SWL open up.

And it has now been confirmed by some of the Disneyland Reps that Kylo Ren will replace Vader for theirs, so it'd be good to assume that Orlandos is that also.

Is it just me, or why am I waiting to see if they shoot checkovs gun and get Rey in to replace Chewbacca for the next few months? It certainly makes sense to have her, as she is in a way; the lead of TFA.

And it has now been confirmed by some of the Disneyland Reps that Kylo Ren will replace Vader for theirs, so it'd be good to assume that Orlandos is that also.

Is it just me, or why am I waiting to see if they shoot checkovs gun and get Rey in to replace Chewbacca for the next few months? It certainly makes sense to have her, as she is in a way; the lead of TFA.
You're about 3 time zones late on that news ;)

Also, I agree about Rey and there's been rumblings for DHS. The problem is she has very specific facial features. A very specific overall look that is hard to cast for in a theme park. And if Rey opened her mouth to speak and it wasn't a British accent, it's not even worth it.

I assumed that's why we haven't seen any Star Wars face characters yet. A face character is easier if they're based off an animated character (because there's lenience) or someone like Captain Jack Sparrow who has a lot of makeup and stuff, but I can imagine characters like Luke, Leia, Han, Finn, and Rey being hard to pull off. That's why we're mostly getting characters like Vader, Chewbacca, and Ren.

I assumed that's why we haven't seen any Star Wars face characters yet. A face character is easier if they're based off an animated character (because there's lenience) or someone like Captain Jack Sparrow who has a lot of makeup and stuff, but I can imagine characters like Luke, Leia, Han, Finn, and Rey being hard to pull off. That's why we're mostly getting characters like Vader, Chewbacca, and Ren.
Well, I wouldn't say all characters are hard to cast for theme parks. They've done Star Lord and Gamora before. Finn could be done I think. Rey would just be very hard because of the accent IMO.

Well, I wouldn't say all characters are hard to cast for theme parks. They've done Star Lord and Gamora before. Finn could be done I think. Rey would just be very hard because of the accent IMO.
They could use the same girl that did the British accent for Hermonie in HE. she was "really good" (pure sarcasm). She's really talented...;)

I got to check this out for the first time this morning, it was okay as a temporary attraction to hold people over until the land opens but meh.

just saying hes prob gonna get more ba towards 9 but it kinda feels more like his origin story now.just as an adult instead of a kid.Also still waiting for his face to get messed up.