Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

i dont think we are overestimating the scare factor seeing how on the website kong is listed as best for teens and adults
Good analysis. The other factor of the attraction, movement thrill, doesn't appear to be limited to a teen/adult demographic. So it must be the scare factor that is causing Universal to do the teen/adult recommendation.

Just on the topic of kids and scary rides, I was five when I first went to the MK in '71. I rode Mr. Toad w/ my mom (my dad and older brother went in a car ahead of us). I tried to get out of the car when we were heading head on into a train.

Took my parents some time to convince me to ride It's a Small World.

I think it is cool in the sense that it is one of a handful of memories I still have from that first visit so long ago.

On to Kong, just seeing what we can see of the entrance, I think the Kong sculpture is pretty intimidating...I just think it might of scared off a five year old me, give me an idea that I might not want to ride, far more so than the facade for Mr. Toad would even give my parents reason to think it might not be a ride I would enjoy.

Could you see a kid who's afraid to sit on Santa's lap looking at the Kong entrance and just break out crying and screaming, total meltdown. Universal might have to pay to keep a child psychiatrist on Kong queue duty. ;)

I would think they will begin running the ride vehicles on the outside track very soon. Sometime in the next 4 weeks. Perhaps they will wrap them in plastic to cover the theming. Let's see if I am right!

Something similar to testing cars with the weird black and white patterns printed on the plastic so we can all lose our minds trying to figure out what it really looks like.

From today. I'll pick through a little more carefully later and see if I can find something else interesting. I'll also have a few ground shots later. These are little wider angle than I normally do (14mm DX format) and I've done some cropping and rotating, so take that into consideration if judging any sizes or distances.

The best of any pictures ever taken awhen! Damn, they are following the plans to a minute detail!

That extended queue is baffling me. The queue return of that queue walks within two feet of the ride path. Is that stonework high enough to hide it from view?

The big doors are opened inward are they not? These wide shots are somewhat more helpful than the zooms as those distort depth and makes it appear the darkening doors are two feet behind the big doors... which is impossible.

Back to my first statement. This the first mega attraction that I have ever heard of to not only NOT cut anything but have ADDED stuff over the past year!!! Really everyone... have you ever heard of such a thing?

Back to my first statement. This the first mega attraction that I have ever heard of to not only NOT cut anything but have ADDED stuff over the past year!!! Really everyone... have you ever heard of such a thing?

The way that some of you have talked about the development of this attraction makes it sound like everyone within Universal randomly collectively said, "Eh, let's just go f***ing crazy with this one."

The best of any pictures ever taken awhen! Damn, they are following the plans to a minute detail!

That extended queue is baffling me. The queue return of that queue walks within two feet of the ride path. Is that stonework high enough to hide it from view?

The big doors are opened inward are they not? These wide shots are somewhat more helpful than the zooms as those distort depth and makes it appear the darkening doors are two feet behind the big doors... which is impossible.

They know they have a mega attraction, so take no chances and built it to it's maximum potential. Plus with Disney's new expansion moves, Universal needs to make the most of this window of opportunity.