Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 90 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think when a lot of you guys are hearing "scare actors, " you're immediately thinking "hides behind a wall and jumps out at you." I doubt it will be like this. As people have pointed out, that's more HHN territory. But, I can see roaming actors in the queue. Not necessarily hiding and jumping out at you, but more as a way to add ambiance and theming to the queue.

That could help with the stroller crowd. It wasn't timed, they would be able to "scare" certain groups and avoid others.

It seems as if no one has read the description on Universal's website:

"Enter the ruins of a primal realm and journey into the dark heart of an island filled with untold dangers. Vicious, ancient predators and unspeakable monstrosities rip into your crew and swarm from every side. Then, in an act of sheer ferocity—or monstrous bravery—King Kong charges between you and certain doom with an earthshaking fury. With each thundering roar and each chest-pounding thud, one colossal truth comes clear.

This is his home, his kingdom. Only he reigns."

This description and that fact it was marked as Teen/Adult is what started this whole conversation of how would general families deal with a scary ride like this.

I think when a lot of you guys are hearing "scare actors, " you're immediately thinking "hides behind a wall and jumps out at you." I doubt it will be like this. As people have pointed out, that's more HHN territory. But, I can see roaming actors in the queue. Not necessarily hiding and jumping out at you, but more as a way to add ambiance and theming to the queue.

I have already told everyone here that the HHN team is involved in this queue to some degree.

Here are some pictures from my recent visit. The place is feeling more and more cohesive every time I see it, especially now with the Kong arch painted. Plus, they painted the left-side of the building, facing the employee access road, so that blends in better too. You can see lots of more photos on my blog as well.

P1050601.jpg

P1050608.jpg

P1050614.jpg

P1050612.jpg

P1050615.jpg

P1050617.jpg

P1050621.jpg

P1050622.jpg

P1050634.jpg

P1050630.jpg

P1050632.jpg

P1050638.jpg

P1050631.jpg

That's all for now. Much more pics are here.

I'm really hoping they do a photo spot as you're leaving the ride, same as they did for Kongfrontation, where you get your picture taken in the grasp of Kong. The exit path looks really tall and big enough to do something special. Fingers crossed.

How amazing would it be if a "mini-maze" haunted attraction existed after some queue, RIGHT before the ride, and the tram is your "escape" vehicle.

It would ssentially be a pre-show, but instead a pre-house. I know this is completely blue sky but I love the idea.

Last edited:
Reactions: Prototype_82
I'm really hoping they do a photo spot as you're leaving the ride, same as they did for Kongfrontation, where you get your picture taken in the grasp of Kong. The exit path looks really tall and big enough to do something special. Fingers crossed.

I was just thinking about this the other day, too. It seems like too good an opportunity to pass up. I loved the old Kongfrontation photo op; my parents, however, hated it because I made them buy me a new picture every time we visited.

Reactions: Mike S and Alicia
My big concern with this ride all rests on the Kong animatronic. Animatronic's are always difficult, and this one seems to be cutting edge. Would the ride be able to run if there are serious issues?

We saw how Disney failed on EE with the Yeti, but at least the ride is still able to run in "disco" mode. Would it even be possible for Kong?

My big concern with this ride all rests on the Kong animatronic. Animatronic's are always difficult, and this one seems to be cutting edge. Would the ride be able to run if there are serious issues?

We saw how Disney failed on EE with the Yeti, but at least the ride is still able to run in "disco" mode. Would it even be possible for Kong?

If they managed to run Kongfrontation for so long, I don't doubt they will be able to here.

The big problem with the Yeti is that most people don't realise it's actually broke and it's not an easy fix. The ride and mountain was basically built on top of it, so it's not like they can build a new one and simply move it in one night.

So, what do we have to look forward to now... mostly construction. We've seen pretty much all that Kong will be showing for a while.

So immediate construction wise we have

Hulk track out front and what in hell with they do with the old facade?
Volcano Bay reaching 1/4 of the way up
Fallon being Rock themed

F&F but that will be so so boring for a long long time to come

What else is potentially immediate?

Sorry, I'm really really bored...

Reactions: ThemeParks4Life
I didn't mention that because I have no dates yet. It's still hanging out there in the ether of UC.
Fair enough...How about that new little shed like building next to Despicable Me. What's that for? When will it be completed? Are they putting a new Frozen attraction in there?.....:lol: Inquiring minds want to know. :)

Fair enough...How about that new little shed like building next to Despicable Me. What's that for? When will it be completed? Are they putting a new Frozen attraction in there?.....:lol: Inquiring minds want to know. :)
I got your kidding but... I believe that shed is simply housing some additional back of house stuff for DM:MM

Reactions: Mad Dog