Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 93 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Wow, I've got to say this is honestly the first attraction in years that I'm beyond excited for. I don't follow Universal news as much as I should be but I've read through the past several pages to kinda catch up. What I've gathered is that this will be massive, the concept is incredible (going to Skull Island), UC is doing something that's never been done before, there will be possible characters in the queue, this will be scary, a Kong AA at the end, and the facade is stunning. I second having the 2005 King Kong soundtrack as background music, that would be the icing on the cake.
Sorry if this was somewhere in the thread awhile back, but does anyone have an idea of the possible layout of this attraction or approximate ride time?

Reactions: Mike S and Mad Dog
Wow, I've got to say this is honestly the first attraction in years that I'm beyond excited for. I don't follow Universal news as much as I should be but I've read through the past several pages to kinda catch up. What I've gathered is that this will be massive, the concept is incredible (going to Skull Island), UC is doing something that's never been done before, there will be possible characters in the queue, this will be scary, a Kong AA at the end, and the facade is stunning. I second having the 2005 King Kong soundtrack as background music, that would be the icing on the cake.
Sorry if this was somewhere in the thread awhile back, but does anyone have an idea of the possible layout of this attraction or approximate ride time?
Supposedly it's apx. six minutes or so long, making it the longest ride in the park.

Alicia posted this photo over on another website. It is the first time that I have seen that the ride path rises up and probably continues a gradual rise until the 360. All previous 360's have risen up higher than the floor of the screens and I have wondered about this project. Silly me, I should have just asked but never thought to do that.

P1050631.jpg

Another thing that I have never asked questions about are the apparent pvc pipes sticking out of a few of the rock sculptures. Not a clue here what they will be for... fire, lighting... not a clue.

Last edited:
Alicia posted this photo over on another website. It is the first time that I have seen that the ride path rises up and probably continues a gradual rise until the 360. All previous 360's have risen up higher than the floor of the screens and I have wondered about this project. Silly me, I should have just asked but never thought to do that.

Another thing that I have never asked questions about are the apparent pvc pipes sticking out of a few of the rock sculptures. Not a clue here what they will be for... fire, lighting... not a clue.

That is quite a grade separation. I wonder how steep the one for the bypass will be as it has to be a fairly short distance horizontally.

I am sorry to beat a dead horse with a question that might of been already asked, but I am wondering if hiring (non internal) for Kong Attraction attendants is starting now/soon?

I would think not as ride vehicles are not even cycling on site yet and as such, work is still going on before it is ready to pass over to operations and training, but I wanted to know if anyone knew.

Thank you.

Love how they claim it's an original story. Kong looks like PJ's 2005 Kong right? :D I mean Kongfrontation was based on the 70's Kong remake with Jessica Lange.

Love how they claim it's an original story. Kong looks like PJ's 2005 Kong right? :D I mean Kongfrontation was based on the 70's Kong remake with Jessica Lange.
Heck, it even looks similar to the 1930's version. They've used a similar beginning & set a few times.

I am sorry to beat a dead horse with a question that might of been already asked, but I am wondering if hiring (non internal) for Kong Attraction attendants is starting now/soon?

I would think not as ride vehicles are not even cycling on site yet and as such, work is still going on before it is ready to pass over to operations and training Thank you.

The ride vehicles have been cycling since December (1 vehicle since November)... just not the out of doors part which is a cinch. I am certain they have been practicing stops at unload and load. The interior is finished and I would expect the rocking floors have been installed by now.

Makes sense. But I wonder how close we really are. I have heard talk of training opening cast in February, but that seems just a tad too soon, seeing as next week is the last week. So if we were going to have soft openings by may that would seem very soon and possible three months of training/pay.

Makes sense. But I wonder how close we really are. I have heard talk of training opening cast in February, but that seems just a tad too soon, seeing as next week is the last week. So if we were going to have soft openings by may that would seem very soon and possible three months of training/pay.

My guess is late Feb training then full handover in late March or April. Softs in late May. This is one of my famous "pulling it out of nowhere" speculation points.