Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they were all watching Twister on Sy Fy tonight....So what else is going on? Third Park...Kid Zone deconstruction date...JP trike area...NBA Replacement (Is it a chocolate restsaurant)...Wet & Wild area after W&W closes...New entrance for Studios, HP expansion into Fear Factor area....Is that enough? Lot's of questions. Little or no answers.

I've been looking into what NBC Universal has been working on film wise and television, they are definitely focusing more on overseas programming from the UK to Asia and I know their goal is synergy so I'm inclined to think that the future park IPs would come from IPs originated overseas than in the United States. Sort of Universal's own Epcot.

But with the expansion of overseas parks, does making the third park an international draw make business sense?

But with the expansion of overseas parks, does making the third park an international draw make business sense?

Universal makes more money bringing in foreigners.
1. If they are coming to the states, they are staying longer than a few days meaning hotel nights.
2. Dollar is stronger than the yen both Chinese and Japanese.
3. Universal aren't the sole owners of the Beijing park or the upcoming Korea park. Korea is more so doing the Singapore method and just using licensing.
4. More Americans are being exposed to foreign IPs, I mean when most of the most known actors are no longer American but British with hugely successful British shows and it seems every single studio is making some anime based film and with Chinese agencies buying up American film companies. It seems smart to use them.

So whats the next big IP after Nintendo?

Why is this a question? Nintendo is 3 years off, they can still do more with what they have, and lots of people want to see Universal create "new" based on their own properties or public domain stories (like Lost Continent).

Behind what? What they are getting in Beijing are sloppy seconds with a dash of pepper to keep the art directors and managers from falling asleep.

It appeared to be a response to finances being tied up, which is response to the delay being far removed from the project. I'm hoping like others that it is because of the third park.

Last edited:
Comcast has lots of cash on hand and access to untold credit. They've always been a very aggressive corporation. I've been following them for a long time since they've always been closely intertwined in the Pennsylvania economy and political maneuvering. Once they target something they want, they go after it without pause. They're like a tiger stalking and devouring their prey. They've made a decision to go full force into the theme park business. and they will do and spend whatever is necessary to accomplish their objective. They've seen a window of opportunity in Disney's market hesitancy, and I guarantee you, they will take advantage of that. This is really about Comcast, more so than Universal.

Last edited:
The Lost Continent is a great movie concept... even though it's been done over and over again.
Yes, and that's one of the reasons Jurassic Park & King Kong have had success, they're Lost Islands in the same context as Lost Continents. There's a real exotic, mysterious, dangerous return to the past of animal/human existence, allure to the theme. The concept strikes a chord in our genetic makeup.

Status
Not open for further replies.