Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

SeaWorld Orlando's Future Plans

I was thinking maybe this was how the whole area south of SR 528 has SeaWorld themed signage for all the businesses and the crosswalks are themed to SeaWorld as well. The businesses had requirements put on their deed by SeaWorld in the sales. Btw, completely conjecture.

This is what I've heard.

No one wants to go to SeaWorld's parks, why would they want to go to their hotels?

Seems like a money losing venture.

Plenty of people want to go to Aquatica and Discovery Cove. As long as the hotel feels like an extension of either, and not the main park, I think it will do alright. It is just a short drive from Universal.

I'll be interested to see how Aquatica does in the post Volcano Bay era.

I think it will do fine. Strong local following with cheap APs. Prime, visible location by OCCC. Most importantly, most kid-friendly park in town (talking the under 7 crowd), I expect it to stay the same even after VB opens--especially if you have to tram/bus to VB.

No one wants to go to SeaWorld's parks, why would they want to go to their hotels?

Seems like a money losing venture.
Orlando in general is in need of more hotel rooms. Another option in a central area is not going to be hurting for occupancy even if it's run by Mike's Sideshow Carnival. A few SeaWorld perks could be the difference between a family staying in a Universal- or Disney-area off-site property that offers nothing more than a slightly more convenient location.

Surprised SeaWorld never capitalized on this before, especially in Orlando. They could offer lots of perks for staying in their resort, like preferred seating at shows, ride again privileges, etc. for hotel guests.

They already do this with the neighboring hotels, the guests there get Quick Queue, early admission, and a couple of other perks.

It's really an ideal location for splitting WDW and UOR (I know, I lived blocks away for years). Throw in, say, a stingray pool in the lobby, maybe aquariums in the rooms--it's going to do great. Not sure it does a lot for SW attendance, but hotel itself will be a hit.

I wouldn't think Sea World would have trouble filling a 500-700 room hotel themed to the park. Their attendance has flattened. but it's still strong enough to support one resort year round. Sea World's not my thing. but it does occupy a niche in the market.

It's really an ideal location for splitting WDW and UOR (I know, I lived blocks away for years). Throw in, say, a stingray pool in the lobby, maybe aquariums in the rooms--it's going to do great. Not sure it does a lot for SW attendance, but hotel itself will be a hit.
And they'd have a solid revenue stream if they can fill the hotel consistently.

I think it will do fine. Strong local following with cheap APs. Prime, visible location by OCCC. Most importantly, most kid-friendly park in town (talking the under 7 crowd), I expect it to stay the same even after VB opens--especially if you have to tram/bus to VB.

I agree, I think many people will still go. I am not a huge fan of Aquatica, but I am in the minority with people with kids. My main beef with the park is the need for a life jacket under a certain height. My daughter hates life jackets and it actually goes against her swim lessons. I much prefer Disney water parks over Aquatica, but because it is cheap, I will end up at Aquatica this year instead of Disney when I take my daughter out for her mommy/daughter day over the summer. So even me, who is not a fan, caved to the fact it would be cheaper for me to pay for the fun pass for my daughter for Aquatica. I think VB will do fine, but I don't see it killing Aquatica.

I doubt Aquatics will be effected. In fact, with the closing of WnW they will be the only 'discount' water park in Orlando; therefore, they will have most of the families who prefer that.

Yeah I am not sure why anyone things the attendance at the water parks will be affected by VB opening. Since Orlando is not gaining a water park. It is losing WNW and gaining VB. While more on-site guests will go to VB than they did WNW, less locals will go to VB than they did WNW.

While more on-site guests will go to VB than they did WNW, less locals will go to VB than they did WNW.

I'm not convinced this will be the case. Universal will do something at the parking garage to lure locals. Perhaps discount parking for VB ticket holders or even sell tickets and discount the parking right in the garage.

I am still holding hope for a Dine with the Volcano Gods show at night and do some spectacular things with the erupting mountain and scantily clad "native" dancers.

I'm not convinced this will be the case. Universal will do something at the parking garage to lure locals. Perhaps discount parking for VB ticket holders or even sell tickets and discount the parking right in the garage.

I am still holding hope for a Dine with the Volcano Gods show at night and do some spectacular things with the erupting mountain and scantily clad "native" dancers.

I think they will get some locals, not saying they won't. But I do think that it will be less than before. WNW was almost a pure local park where VB will cater a lot more to tourists.

I think they will get some locals, not saying they won't. But I do think that it will be less than before. WNW was almost a pure local park where VB will cater a lot more to tourists.

Did WNW have annual passes? If so, I'll bet they will all be offered VB APs at the same price for a limited time.