Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

They started tearing out the track on the back half in September. So over 4 months ago. I haven't seen anyone post any info on when they started repouring those footers. From Nearmap, we can tell they were still busting out the old ones on November 14th. They still are pouring ones on the front half. It's hard to say what the pour schedule was like on the back half. So if they started pouring in late November, they could be on a 60 day cure. Maybe as little as 30, but that gets into engineering. Hanging track takes less time than it would to redo a footer the way they did it. Or for that matter, less time than it would take to build and paint a piece of track. The hanging track is the easy part of all of this. The footer crew would take more time to do their job than the erection crew in areas they don't have to deal with guests, so a staggered curing time is possible.

If I was going to put a solid guess though, I'd say they only had so much track on site, got a crane rented to hang it, let the crane go back, and are going to wait till they have a yard full of track again to get the crane back for a few days. Most of the time they schedule coaster construction so they don't get a crane on site till they know they can do the whole job before the crane goes back. More economical, but you have to wait till all of your ducks are in a row to start. Meaning that the completion day gets pushed back. By doing it this way, they can get done quicker at a little more crane/erection crew cost.

Yeeesh. What is this Scottish thing? I just about get a handle on tatties and neeps and then you throw me a curve ball. You guys are a bunch of freaks. :)

This was a joke btw... no insult intended.

The color IS different, a few additions to the paint, we had a hand in that.
Interestingly it was shipped to Ohio. However uni asked for a certain amount to be shipped to IOA to coat installations that weren't getting replaced ;)

Hmmm... really.

This was a joke btw... no insult intended.

No offence taken. In Scotland there are 2 main football teams, Rangers and Celtic and they hate each other. Rangers play in blue and Celtic play in green. It can be quite enforced on a young age what team you support and schools will often be one or the other. It's not so bad now but it was in the 80s and 90s. Most people grow out of it when they realise just how stupid it is. Especially when you have people claiming to be protestant or catholic but instead of going to church on a sunday, they're away to the football to fight each other. You can read more about it here:

Old Firm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But you're right, Scotland is a weird weird place but it's home and I wouldn't have it any other way.

No offence taken. In Scotland there are 2 main football teams, Rangers and Celtic and they hate each other. Rangers play in blue and Celtic play in green. It can be quite enforced on a young age what team you support and schools will often be one or the other. It's not so bad now but it was in the 80s and 90s. Most people grow out of it when they realise just how stupid it is. Especially when you have people claiming to be protestant or catholic but instead of going to church on a sunday, they're away to the football to fight each other. You can read more about it here:

Old Firm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But you're right, Scotland is a weird weird place but it's home and I wouldn't have it any other way.
Those rivalries are LEGENDARY. In similar fashion, I played on a team with a Brit who had played for Manchester United's development team. Oh, the stories he would tell about the Manchester United....Manchester City rivalries.

A thought I had earlier on about the old set up with the lockers, is that it's kind of a pain to go and get your wallet and return to the exit if you want to buy an on ride photo. Does anybody know if the locker location will change?

Speaking of on ride photos, I would love to see an update to the photo opportunity. Whether it's on board cameras recording video or a different photo location just to mix it up a bit. I think the launch itself could lead to some interesting clips.

Those rivalries are LEGENDARY. In similar fashion, I played on a team with a Brit who had played for Manchester United's development team. Oh, the stories he would tell about the Manchester United....Manchester City rivalries.

Excuse me, Man U and LFC rivalries. ;)

A thought I had earlier on about the old set up with the lockers, is that it's kind of a pain to go and get your wallet and return to the exit if you want to buy an on ride photo. Does anybody know if the locker location will change?
I have a feeling that part of this renovation's purpose is to integrate all the additions made to the ride queue over the years. This includes the lockers, metal detectors, and TVs. My best guess would be that the lockers get moved to right after the entrance area like they are for the Harry Potter rides and that the metal detectors get integrated into walls as you enter the main building just after the locker building.

Anyone guess a realistic opening/soft opening time for this? I am visiting early May so hoping it might just be open. What is the testing/h&s period for rides in the US, based on no. of circuits or time based?

For some reason part of me wishes the supports were painted purple instead of gray. How do you all think that would look?