Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 110 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Understood, and I don't doubt you. The whole thing, however, just sounds very odd to me. Will this make JP the only land in the park to not have entrance iconography at both sides? I’m trying to think of all the others off the top of my head, and I can’t think of any that are lacking. But I guess this really isn't a discussion for this thread, either.

When Hogsmeade took over Merlinwood, we lost one of the Griffin statues indicating the starting point of Lost Continent from the Jurassic Park side.

I know this has been discussed before, but I was just browsing the Universal website and noticed Kong was the only ride that was described as "best for teens and adults". Rides like Hulk and Dragon challenge were only "best for teens"... just a testament for the intensity of Kong.

Universal execs be like
200_s.gif

I love to hear the kids screaming on rides it just adds to the realism. I was gutted when Disney got rid of Alien Encounter :devil:
also like alien encounter.They should also add kongs shout so if you get lucky and the timings right you will hear a kid screaming or crying followed by the shout of Kong which would make most people stop in their tracks before entering

also like alien encounter.They should also add kongs shout so if you get lucky and the timings right you will hear a kid screaming or crying followed by the shout of Kong which would make most people stop in their tracks before entering

Interestingly enough, the UC lead on Kong was also one of the creative leads for Alien Encounter back in the day. Mike West worked on the first version of Alien Encounter prior to the rewrite. I had a blast with him in the theater watching him throw watermelons at the floor and using a cut off Zephyrhills water jug bottle to create some of the binaural audio. Imaginineering brought in a much younger guy to "punch up" the original storyline to make it less funny, and more terrifying.

Just to settle the issue of the origins of the music playing in that clip from near the Kong site, it's from John Williams' score to THE LOST WORLD. It comes from the second half of a cue called "Hammond's Plan."

With respect to Kong, I'll bet we'll get a loop comprised of cues from James Newton Howard's score to Peter Jackson's 2005 version, rather than newly-orchestrated pieces, but we'll see!

Just to settle the issue of the origins of the music playing in that clip from near the Kong site, it's from John Williams' score to THE LOST WORLD.

I just double checked and you are absolutely correct. I am surprised they felt compelled to add later scores to JP IOA. It really wasn't required and gives a far darker tone to the park than was the original idea. Do they still use the original original calypso style track written for IOA in JP?

it could be that it played in the past but once they removed the archway the theme also went away till they could find a new location for the speakers

Reactions: Ryno27
I just double checked and you are absolutely correct. I am surprised they felt compelled to add later scores to JP IOA. It really wasn't required and gives a far darker tone to the park than was the original idea. Do they still use the original original calypso style track written for IOA in JP?

When I was last there in October, I didn't notice the calypso version of the main theme. I did notice, however, a TON of LOST WORLD score throughout the land, including lengthy unreleased tracks that aren't even on the soundtrack album. I'd say there's more LW music in there now than anything else.

Good points. in reference to that, I recall reading that when they did the Media day run for 7 Dwarfs Coaster, one of the media reps came close to having her raised hands hit the top of one of the tunnels as the car went through. Someone had measured wrong. They shut down the ride for about a month while they redid the entrance tunnel.

Here's a video of it testing for anybody curious.

Was there an alien encounter interaction thingy at the facade? Can't remember. The calypso music still plays around thunder fall Terrance sometimes, love that track. Not digging the sign, kinda just looks slapped on, is it finished?